• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tagging: is it .....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards
I've been going across a few Tag sites lately and they have all been dead or very low post count. I'm not sure if you guys are aware but planet renders is shutting down soon and that was a pretty big hub for tags/taggers. Not to mention i havent seen much activity in the Digi media section here in a while. Whats going on with the tag community?

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
So that what's happening to PR :c I mean, I'm shocked, I thought it was just going through a new upgrade D:

But uh, dunno about here, but the sites I'm on that have gfxers is plenty active. So, yeh dunno about here. xD

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
A dying breed.
Gifs seem to be the new thing,although I still prefer tagging.Haven't heard about PR closing though,I have searched and seen no mention of it anywhere.But certainly if it's true then the community would get much smaller considering PR is one of the main sites of getting various resources.

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards
Yea i've been hounding about the PR forum and though it hasnt been " officially" said thats what the motion is coming to just give it time. After the massive crash tons of people left. i'd like to see it revived but its looking Pretty Grim right now. But i'm happy to know that tagging is still alive thanks King, cause everywhere i go its dead lol.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
I feel as though tagging itself isn't dying, it's the fact that people are moving on. Tagging is great for people who are still developing their skills. It is easy and can look pretty freaking awesome. But after a while, after the skills start to develop more clearly, people start to move on to bigger and better things and apply what they have learned into those.

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
I feel as though tagging itself isn't dying, it's the fact that people are moving on. Tagging is great for people who are still developing their skills. It is easy and can look pretty freaking awesome. But after a while, after the skills start to develop more clearly, people start to move on to bigger and better things and apply what they have learned into those.

^This. Tagging is a good way to practice though.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I agree with Milky; it's definitely a stepping stone. I feel like when someone captures the essence of tagging they start doing other things in combination with the skills they learned. For me, tagging granted me a pretty wide skill set when using Photoshop for the things I do now (graphic design mostly).

That isn't to say the effects and things you learn aren't useful for other applications but certainly not in the same way. I've only used tagging effects and such a few times in pieces outside of tags.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Eh I'm gonna go on the other side of the bridge and say that it is pretty much dying out. While there may be a few sites here and there with about 20 static members, nothing ever seems to be put out. Yeah I agree with the fact that tagging helps you with future projects like for instance, I completely crushed my Intro to Digital Media class. The final was easy as balls because I already knew everything there is to know about the class. Heck, I didn't even bother to buy the book. And I'm probably going to do the same thing next semester. But as far as I can tell, there are not many taggers left at all.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
Eh I'm gonna go on the other side of the bridge and say that it is pretty much dying out. While there may be a few sites here and there with about 20 static members, nothing ever seems to be put out. Yeah I agree with the fact that tagging helps you with future projects like for instance, I completely crushed my Intro to Digital Media class. The final was easy as balls because I already knew everything there is to know about the class. Heck, I didn't even bother to buy the book. And I'm probably going to do the same thing next semester. But as far as I can tell, there are not many taggers left at all.

Are you talking about just here or everywhere? Cause yeah, no one has really been putting out tags here recently. And yeah, last year I took a graphic design class and totally pooped all over its face. It was awesome. My teacher loved me :)

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm gonna also agree with how Tagging gets you user-friendly with the tools and how to use them, and doesn't make you look like a complete dumbass when you take digital media classes.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Are you talking about just here or everywhere? Cause yeah, no one has really been putting out tags here recently. And yeah, last year I took a graphic design class and totally pooped all over its face. It was awesome. My teacher loved me :)
Hah similar things happen to me in my digital media classes. Though I'm at higher level courses nowadays, so the only hype I can get is when I apply some of the digital illustration stuff (smudging, displacement effects, all the fun). lol

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Are you talking about just here or everywhere?

Pretty much everywhere. Every site I used to visit like a year or two ago are either closed or extremely inactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back