• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► Synthwave, 80s Nostalgia, and "New Retro Wave"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I don't know if you've been living under a rock these past few years or just haven't kept up with the synthwave scene, but in recent years, there has been an uprising of sorts within this genre. From anyone to Scandroid to The Midnight, a lot of 80s nostalgia artists and bands have been getting a lot of recognition from the Youtube channel New Retro Wave. While a good percentage of it might not be all that great, there are some that really stand out.

And they are as followed:

1. Scandroid/Celidweller
  2. The Midnight
  3. FM-84
  4. Timecop1983
  5. Dance with the Dead

But this isn't the only side
of synthwave that is really good. There are those in the darksynth side of things that are really killing it. The song "Turbo Killer" by Carpenter Brut that's legit one of the most powerful, pulse-pounding synth tracks I've heard in recent memory. It demands your attention and doesn't disappoint. Another in that realm of darksynth electronic music is Perturbator.

Some of my favorite songs to give you a good idea of what
this genre, or "wave" is all about:

Running in the Night by FM-84 feat. Ollie Wride
Raw Power by Perturbator
Lovers by Timecop1983 feat. Seawaves
Neo Tokyo (Dance With the Dead Remix) by Scandroid
Turbo Killer by Carpenter Brut
Stars of the Night by Dynatron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back