• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Symphony of Sorcery: A theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHplaya

Hello all

So with the recent announcement of the Fantasia world, I have decided to write up a little theory trying to explain its appearance.

Alright so imagine a world that is abundant in magic, teeming with magical glades and forests. An awkwardly-shaped tower sits by itself at the forests edge. Off in the distance looms the infamous Bald Mountain. This is the world of the Symphony of Sorcery.

At some point before mikey obtained the keyblade, he must have sought to become more powerful. Having heard that there was a world governed by an old wizard keyblade master, he somehow tries to reach him. Yen Sid is unimpressed by the mouse, but decides to give him a chance as an apprentice due to his rugged determination. Time goes by, and one day the evil Chernabog sets loose an army of darkness upon the world. Yen Sid tries to fight back but realizes that the battle is lost. He is able to detach the area around his tower from the world and escape just in time.

Using star shards (or his armor), Yen Sid and Mickey search for another location for the tower, eventually settling for an area of Twilight Town; where it remains to this day. SoS is destroyed by darkness and becomes a major component of the End of the World in KH1. Chernabog, being respected by Ansem SoD, remains with Bald Mtn, overseeing operations.

Flash Forward to a more present time: After Sora freed the worlds at the end of KH1, Yen Sid looked for the SoS, but to no avail. He must have realized that it now exists in a separate plane, and with some research was able to become much more knowledgeable on the RoS. When the opportunity presents itself, Yen Sid sends Sora and riku to the RoS to free all of the worlds that exist in deep sleep.

They play through the events that transpired within the world leading up to its destruction, helping mickey with his apprenticeship and trying to defeat chernabog as well. By bringing it back to the RoL, Yen Sids tower can be moved back to its proper home. The SoS can possibly be a hub world in later games as they continue to see Yen Sid for wisdom. Chernabog is currently destroyed, as he was killed in KH1, so the land is finally in peace.

So what do you guys think?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sounds a little like fanfiction at the moment, especially that first part.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh and Chernabog wasn't killed in KH 1. He just went away, probably to sleep.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I don't know that all of it makes sense, however, I do very much enjoy the idea that it was the SoS which motivated Yen Sid to research the Realm of Sleep, at least initially. That serves as a far better explanation than Yen Sid randomly discovering a realm filled with Worlds and it would provide an actual reason to include the Symphony of Sorcery in the game.

I don't think that we know enough about the world to arrive to a huge conclusion like that.
Keyword: "theory."

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Well, wait, I thought the realm of sleep was essentially where the places lost to the darkness, or otherwise destroyed went, hence Chernabogs appearance, because he was defeated, as well as Pinochios world, and Traverse Town, am I wrong here? I always thought it seemed obvious that Chernabog had destroyed the land of SoS, especially since Yen Sids tower was found detached, he's a powerful wizard, it makes perfect sense that he would have escaped.

KHplaya

Oh and Chernabog wasn't killed in KH 1. He just went away, probably to sleep.

Oh he did? Its been so long since KH1 haha
And I was just trying to set the scene :D

I think it would be far more interesting for the SoS to have some overall importance to the entire plot rather than a random world put in. Yen Sid's tower always did seem out of place too

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh he did? Its been so long since KH1 haha
And I was just trying to set the scene :D
Honestly, I can't remember what actually happened either. I believe that he did just vanish, but not death.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Well, wait, I thought the realm of sleep was essentially where the places lost to the darkness, or otherwise destroyed went, hence Chernabogs appearance, because he was defeated, as well as Pinochios world, and Traverse Town, am I wrong here?
Well, yes, you are wrong, but it's not a very difficult mistake to make. The Realm of Sleep essentially complicates the matter of Worlds being destroyed; when a World falls to darkness, it goes to the Realm of Darkness; during KH, Sora restored Worlds that had fallen to the darkness to the Realm of Light. However, sometimes, when Worlds are destroyed and restored, there are pieces of them which are left behind and forgotten, so they go to sleep. Apparently, these are the pieces we will be seeing in the Realm of Sleep. So far, most of them contain events which took place before Kingdom Hearts (Prankster's Paradise, Symphony of Sorcery, The Country of Musketeers), or which have no apparent bearing on the series' chronological continuity (La Cite des Cloches), with Traverse Town (and possibly Tron?) being the only World(s) which may actually progress their own respective chronologies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
He's a powerful being whose attacks are mainly fire based. I see it as a dramatic exit.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The thing is, the Chernabog we see in the Realm of Sleep doesn't have to be the same Chernabog that exists/existed in the Realm of Light, particularly if the events in Symphony of Sorcery occur prior to KH1 (which appears to be the case). Chernabog would be there under the same circumstances as Mickey.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not to mention that, if Chernabog is by definition a form of a God/Fallen Angel/Satan he would be incapable of truly "dying" (or going to sleep).
He could probably change realms at will and in KH 1 was just temporarely put out of action.

Hades is a similar case, he can be incapacitated but not truly defeated for good because he's a god.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Haha, I didn't actually mean 'Death' I just meant, you know, he's defeated, however, I do agree with Alexis, I think the Chernabog we see in DDD is one from the past. Though, I still think it's the same Chernabog as in KH, if that makes sense.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Haha, I didn't actually mean 'Death' I just meant, you know, he's defeated, however, I do agree with Alexis, I think the Chernabog we see in DDD is one from the past. Though, I still think it's the same Chernabog as in KH, if that makes sense.

i think its too soon to say its the same chernabog because we dont know the terms and conditions of entering and exiting the realm of sleep, or if there can be more than one of the same person or if it brings you back in time.

KHplaya

Just like how we encounter different versions of jiminy and mickey, i thought this "dream" chernabog would be simply that, a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back