• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sword Art Online: Recurrence (Sign-up/OOC Thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Sword Art Online

Recurrence​

On November 6, 2022 an online game by the name Sword Art Online was released to the public in Japan. The game was played on a piece of hardware known as the Nerve Gear. The Never Gear used Beta waves to affect the brain and make all five senses react to how the game was being played. On the day of the launch 10,000 people logged into the game for the very first time. Upon playing the game and trying to log out, they found they could not. That same evening the game master, a madman named Akihiko Kayaba told the players their consciousness would remain locked in the virtual world. If anyone was to die within the game they themselves in real life would die as well. Also if someone was to try and remove their Nerve Gear the gear would release a high dose of micro waves that would fry the brain and kill them instantly.

Only when they defeated the boss at the 100th floor would they be able to leave the game. Two years passed in the real world, the number of players had dwindled from 10,000 to near 6,000. A group of players known as Knights of the Blood, aided by the players Kirigaya “Kirito” Kazuto and Yukki Asuna fight their way higher and higher to the top. At the 74th floor Kirito begins to suspect the leader of the Knights, Heathcliff is not what he seems. Kirito confronts him and reveals him to be Akihiko, the same man who trapped them in the world. After a fierce battle Kirito and Asuna both die, but not before Akihiko is defeated and the game is over, the time period of two years leading to it being late 2024.

Two months after the players had been released from SAO, it comes to light that 300 of the players who had been a part of the 6,000 left alive in the game have yet to awaken from their coma’s, their Nerve Gears still attached, Asuna being one of them. Kirito gets info that Asuna has been spotted in the program of another game known as ALfheim Online, a game that runs off the same engine as SAO. Kirito in an effort to rescue Asuna becomes a part of the conflicts that plague the players of this new game. Upon rescuing Asuna it is found out that another madman hell bent on having Asuna as his bride, named Sugou Nobuyuki. It is found out that Sugou had netted several players as they were about to be logged out of SAO and was using their minds for experiments to sell to America for warfare. Kirito puts a stop to Sugou both in the game and in real life. Kirito and Asuna are reunited in the real world and continue with life as it should be.

While Kirito was in ALfheim Online a programed version of Akihiko appears before him and gives him an item known as the World Seed. The item holds all the world data of Aincrad, the SAO floating world. Kirito gives it to a friend who uploads it’s data and releases it onto the net. Soon many different worlds and games begin to appear, all connected to each other and all free to play. Aincrad is revived and opened to players all over the world.

2034. It’s been 10 years since SAO was defeated and the players were released. The World Seed has produced many wonderful games over the years and Aincrad has been played to many of the higher levels and beyond. A new group known as “The Council” oversee the many worlds inhabited by players and maintain order in the worlds. As a remembrance to the horrible events that befell the 10,000 players and the 4,000 who lost their lives, The Council is removing all player data from Aincrad and storing it away, the world will be reopened for a tournament.​

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Need to Know Info

1. The RP will deal with two settings, both in game and in real life. The RP will be more centered around the in game aspect, but a little real life scenery is appreciated at least every few posts.

2. The game mechanics will be the same as any video game RP, turn based attacks between players. Free for all against NPC’s.

3. There is no magical powers in the RP, but there is a concept known as Sword Skills that use up stamina and sometimes health. You can create some if you like, or you can consult this site for some of the already known skills to be used. There are also passive skills that aren't needed for battle, but can help in making the RP more interesting. List of skills here.

4. There is allowed to be romance between players, both in game and real life. Please keep it PG-13 if you can. No sex scenes allowed. Anything caught sexual in nature will be deleted and you will get a warning. If it persists you will be removed from the RP and staff will be notified.

5. Please do not create an all powerful being. Please no god modding or power playing. No player deaths unless the player and yourself have talked it through and notified me.

6. Since not much is known about a lot of the enemies in the anime, you as the player can create your own enemy to fight. Please give a brief description of it before engaging it in battle. Explain its appearance, how it moves, how it fights and what sort of weapons it may have. The floor bosses will be created by myself and will be posted as people get nearer the boss floor levels. (If anyone has an idea or a suggestion for a level boss, send me a message and I will consider adding it in or using the idea in creating the boss.

7. Even though the RP is called Sword Art Online, doesn't mean you can only use a sword. Amongst Single Handed and Two Handed swords there are also Scimitars, Two Handed Battle Axes, Rapiers, Daggers, Throwing Knives, Katana's, Dual Blades, Shields, Maces and Hammers. You can also have the added bonus of Martial Arts, but don't let it be your main attack process. Also I don't want to see everyone being a dual wielding player, please be diverse.

8. Posts when the RP gets up and going will be standard 2 paragraphs and no less. More is appreciated, but don’t turn your post into a wall of text if you can help it.

9. Only non canon players. No canon players, this includes Kirito, Asuna, Heathcliff or any of the side characters. I want original characters only.

10. To make the RP slightly harder, all players can select which floor they will be on. Between floor 1-21. Making it so that at least two bosses have been defeated and many teams have already been beaten and disqualified. Making the next bosses higher up harder and more difficult to reach and defeat.

11. Have fun and I hope we can get this off the ground. When posting your template put “Remember 10,000” as a sign that you have read through this completely and understand the terms I have set.​

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Cool, i'm glad it was interesting enough to catch anyones eye.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
As I'm working on my other RP this'll be fun if you ask me... I've been in the mood for this sort of RP

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm in also. I love Sword Art Online, and this seems like a great idea.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Shinra still needs to complete his template. Max you are accepted.

Edit: I have also posted my own template on the first post.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
and I`m done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bio was hard to work out...

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Umm 99% done, just missing one itty bitty thing from my party and stuff, but otherwise done I think.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

LatinoHeat90

Max told me about this and I am pumped. New to KHI but you can count on me to stay active in the role play.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
You only really needed to post once, not sure if that was a mistake. As for your character, it's accepted.

Edit: Eva is done enough I can add her to the list, she is accepted.

Last edited:

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Bio and themes coming later.

Name
Vahn Katsuragi

Nickname
Riku

Weapon Type
Two Handed Sword known as Durandal

Sword Skills

Avalanche - Avalanche is a high-hitting charge-type skill that consists of a single downward vertical slash. Even if blocked, the defender would be temporarily stunned due to the impact, buying the attacker time to ready their stance again. As it is a two-handed Sword Skill, it cannot be deflected by just 1 hit from a one-handed sword.

In preparation for this skill, the user bends his lower body a little, assuming an overhead position with the sword. Once the sword is dragged a bit back, the Sword Skill is initiated.

Spinning Shield - Spinning Shield is activated by thrusting the sword forward and upward. The sword then begins to spin like a windmill, with the user's fingers acting as the pivot. In just a few seconds, the sword reaches a speed that makes it invisible to the human eye, making it look like the sword had become a half-transparent shield of light. Although the skill allows blocking even major attacks, powerful skills still cause minor damage, as it is impossible to completely block such an attack with the skill.

Horizontal Sqaure - The first hit is a horizontal swing from left to right, followed by another horizontal swing from right to left. At this point, the user spins their body in a full circle and unleashes a third horizontal strike from right to left. Finally, after the third swing is complete, the sword suddenly springs right and up. After the skill is completed, a 2D sky-blue rhombus, drawn by the sword, flashes and then scatters.

Passive Skills

Rally Party - The Rally Party Skill gives a Power, Defense, and Health increase to every member of the Player's party if fighting in the same vicinity, and if any party member's health goes into the red, the power and defense bonuses double for a short period of time.

Detection - A sixth sense, allowing the player to notice enemies and secrets from a distance. Greater mastery allows detection of monsters in «Hiding» status and primitive booby traps, such as snares and pitfalls.

Battle Healing - Recover low amounts of HP over time during battle. It can be leveled up by constantly getting one's HP into the red zone.

Parry - The ability to use an attack to block an opposing strike. Maximum level makes it possible to destroy an item currently at less than half of the maximum durability; anything with a durability above that will not be damaged.

Real Life Appearance Vahn is dignified predominantly by his frown and negative appearance. He is rarely smiling or grinning, and generally in a scowl most of the time. Such a scowl gives him a rather intimidating appearance; combined with his muscular body and tall stature, makes him for quite a gruff-looking teenager. He is noted to have a very muscular appear body, particularly concerning his abdomen, biceps and triceps; when noticeable with his generally form-fitting attire, it is hard for someone not to take a second glance. What is most distinct about Vahn' appearance is his rather dull gold hair; spiked and ruffled, with only a few clumps coming down his forehead, and complimenting this is his pair of dull golden eyes. Aside from this, he appears to have a single piercing on his left ear, wearing a silver stud, a chain around his neck and a black glove which is the core of his magical abilities.

He doesn't appear to have a set attire, but prefers to be in a black, sleeveless tank-top, a pair of dark green slacks and a pair of sneakers.

In-Game Appearance
Riku’s appearance all the time

Personality

Vahn is a man described as being courageous, noble, a natural leader and highly proficient fighter. He views the safety of others above his own and fearlessly face any adversity with level head. He can be viewed as stubborn at times, mainly due to his refusal to back down, but presents that fact nonchalantly. Vahn does have a tendency to be a little hotheaded, enjoying a good fight when it presents itself, and quick to act. While still coming off as cocky at times, he never lets himself be taken over by his ego. Instead, he fights against those who think they are above others and enjoys defeating them, hoping their defeat could change them for the better in a similar fashion to him.

He greatly values his friends and considers them his family. The rest of his band are similarly like his siblings and would jump in to defend them at a moment's notice and without hesitation. He's viewed as the leader and as such holds those responsibilities to heart, but does defer to Charlotte-Marie whenever he struggles with a decision.

Bio

Vahn, even as a little boy, was deep into technology. The first piece of technology he ever owned was a computer. He played with it every day as child, learning many a things about how computers operated. He possessed an almost rare aptitude at understanding computers and how they worked. This all led to computer gaming and a hobby in the realm of the genre known as MMO. Many MMO garnered his attention but none could attract him like the game known as Sword Art Online.

After his uncle's almost death and the resurgence of the game, Vahn decided to give the game a try to see just how difficult it is. His first few hours tested his mettle as a gamer. From players to monsters, Vahn found various situations that tested his intelligence. Once he was leveled properly, he created a band of players to help fight against the PKers and develop bonds of friendship. Vahn hopes to prove that bonds, even in a game world, can be as strong as real life bonds.

Other

Vahn has created a guild known as the Heirs of the Sun. It is a prodigious group that has made a name for itself by helping others.

The sword that Vahn uses currently is recovered player data from his uncle who nearly killed during the days of Sword Art Online's original run.

Vahn holds a championship win in a popular player tournament known as the Budokai Tenkaichi.

Themes: Optional

Last edited:

Noel

Awards
Remember the 10,000....tries uve' me trying to get the fundendoling spoiler box to work!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Both of your characters are accepted, now to wait on King Naruto to finish his and we will start.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
If it's okay I didn't want the Beast Tamer to go to waste ._.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noel

Awards
I'm so cafuzzlin' excited once this gets started. >:3

On the other note, if you want Lone, I can work on a title for the OP on Photoshop after school tomorow if you want.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Eva your character is accepted. I want to make sure that with anyone who has more than one character that they can keep up with them.

Sure Noblesse if you want to, it would be appreciated.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back