• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Swollen batteries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Hey, so I have a question for the electronics savvy people out here.
Last June I bought a Galaxy S4. Thing worked fine until about a month ago, somehow the battery got swollen. While it's getting repaired (they wanted to check whether it was a bad contact in the phone itself) I went back to my old phone (a practically ancient Nokia with no wi-fi, bluetooth etc, we're talking old old) That thing worked mostly fine before I upgraded, the only problem being that the battery didn't last that long anymore.
And now that thing has a swollen battery too.

I know you can't fix a swollen battery, only replace it, but I'm wondering whether anyone can help with this: am I very unlucky or could it be related somehow? Like a bad electrical socket or something. I'm just throwing guesses around, but I think it should be noted (you never know) that I have an electrical socket in my room that went unused for years, until I bought more stuff this year and started using it last summer. Those phones were the only things that got plugged into it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am told by my mother, who is able to somehow kill most watches dead in 5 minutes, that my blood could affect the batteries of the phones and devices I keep in my pockets, so I don't know, maybe that's a thing. I don't know about swelling batteries though...

Maybe when you get your phone back, plug it into a different place and don't over charge it? I'm not too sure. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back