• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Switching schools

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honky Sam

lol sup
Awards
So, I guess I'll start out from the beginning.All through my school years, I haven't done very well, my grades average at about high C's to F's, barely ever gotten B's or A's, I've never been the one to like school, I've always been the one you would call "a typical lazy person". That happened all through elementary school and junior high. Now, I'm in highschool. Things are the same. Low grades, never turning in work. Now, Math is the worst, I'm failing that class, and I don't think I've ever done homework in it. I know you all will probably say "Why don't you just do it, it's not that hard". Well for me it is, you know, if you've been doing one thing for so long, it's hard to take that big of a step immediately, now I'm a lot more mature than any of the kids in my grade, because most of them are just really immature, still laughing at farts, still laughing at sexual jokes, I don't.

And now onto my problem. Earlier this year, my older sister transfered from the high school, into a smaller, school, specifically, a school called S.A.G.E, Students Achieving Global Excellence. It's a lot smaller, there's less than 100 students. It's project orientated, and therefor less homework, it's more in class work, which is where I do all my work. I've been thinking over going there for weeks now, I've put lots of thought on it, though I'm not making any decisions until I shadow her. For those of you who don't know what shadowing is, it means I take a day off of my normal school, and go to school with her, and go with her to all her classes and such, and see how the day goes along before I go to the school, the only problem with this is, I'm sitting in a room with people older people, and that makes me nervous.

What I'm really asking is, given my past experiences with school, and the types of teaching there, would this school be better for me? Is it really worth the effort of leaving all of my friends behind at my old school, and go to a new school that I know nothing about, and know no one that goes, aside from my sister and a few of her friends. Is it really worth entering this far into the school year?

This has to be the biggest decision of my life so far, because this could change my future, because I think if I go to my current school, I'll probably continue to fail, and end up not getting into college, or even getting enough credits to graduate.

So I'm in a real dilemma here. So, I ask you, KHI, help?

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
ah I totally understand .

I was lazy all through junior high too .
I had 60+ absences and a very low gpa .
I had trouble concentrating and doing the work overall .
So starting my junior year(this year) I enrolled into an alternate learning school .
The days are shorter and the school is small with few students .
Ever since I started I made up over 50 credits in under 3 months .
I get to work at my own pace and the teachers are cool and better then normal school teachers .
Thing is i'm more focused in making up credits and i'm doing way better than before .
If you think that the school is right for you I say go for it .
The friends thing isn't an issue as you still get to keep the old friends you had and plus, you get to make more at your new school . I actually have more friends here then I had at my old school .
Do anything to do better at school man .
I used to think schoolwork wasn't that big of deal but then I learned it totally is .
So yeah try the shadow thing you mentioned and see how you like it .

mesmerized

Well I applaud you for actually wanting to change. I think this is one huge leap in the right dirrection. Maybe at a new school you'll be able to get a fresh new start and be motivated. A smaller school is always better when you hunger for a one-on-one learning system. I wish you the best of luck man, keep us updated on whats going on ^_^

Jolts

That sounds really like a good school for you but switchig schools can be very hard. (in the social aspect) I know. I've switched schools 2 times. In the long-run it's your decision and if you make friends then school will be great. It might change your future but it might not. Although it won't change your future because in the future it already happened no matter what. <.< >.> bad example.... The point is that even if you go to a different school it's still your decision wether it changes your life or not. I think the new school would be good for you but it's your decision.

Last edited:

Iwrestledabearonce

&#916;drug gang&#916;
Awards
Well, under the social aspect, that's most likely the most difficult thing you would face.

I switched schools in Grade Seven, and the result was me developing depression and anxiety symptons, due to switching from an elementary school to a middle school (which is quite smaller, but has more kids, and I didn't know anyone, so yeah. . .). But back to your problem.

Switching schools looks to be the best possible option for you at the moment. I'm sure it sounds difficult in the friends aspect, but you will make new friends. And you can hang out with your old friends on the weekends, or after school.

But yeah, it's all up to you, but the logical choice for your grades, and possibly future, depending on your wanted career path, is to switch schools. I'm thinking about going to Night School for High School, but I don't know.

Also, lol blazin

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Wanting to change for the better is a big step towards maturity, and that's good. Like IN said, you can still see your old friends after school and on the weekends. Switching schools is a great move in my opinion. I say go for it. :)

houzukimaru

Good for you for considering it ^^
I would try the shadow thing, and see how it goes. It seems like it'd be good, as sometimes when you want to improve yourself, it's easiest to start completely fresh again, if it makes sense, and it's easier to set new goals and so on when you're in a new environment.
Like others said, the social aspect would be hardest, but you'll make new friends and stuff so yeah ^^
If you like the school and stuff, go for it :)

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I'm somewhat in the same boat...but it's not about my grades or anything...

hm...I get A's and B's this year...so I wouldn't know how it feels, (I used to)

I say don't move...unless you can stay greatly in touch with your old friends...then do move...

Fuse

When will we surrender?
I'm in your exact situation right now.
Although I started failing school about 7th grade.. :/

I feel for you :D.

Is it one of those things where you tell yourself "Okay, I'll try this time. I really will." and then end up.. just being like.. whatever..

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back