• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► sweet memories ch.1

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

luna008

okay, im a huge ienzo/zexion fan!so i made a fan fic (you can also find this on my da account)so tell me what you think!

SWEET MEMORIES CH.1

Those horrible words were still ringing in Ienzo’s head almost as if Master Ansem was there himself saying them. “Ienzo, I don’t think it’s healthy for you to stay cooped up in the castle all the time. I want you to spend more time outdoors.” Those words still made him shiver as he walked the streets of Radiant Garden, his home.

Even had tried to make him reconsider by saying, “the boy can’t just walk the streets alone. Besides I need his help testing my latest hypothesis.”

“I’m quite aware of that. Braig has volunteered to keep watch of him though.”

Every one of the apprentices in the room immediately stopped whatever they were doing and stared at Ansem, trying to comprehend what he just said. It was completely unlike Braig to do something like that when everybody knew how much the two didn’t get along. It didn’t take Ienzo long to figure out why Braig had done such a thing. He was a child genius after all.

“Maybe you should reconsider Master Ansem.” Elaeus had said, voicing his concern.

“I understand your concern Elaeus, but I have complete confidence in Braig.”

“He probably gave him some sea salt ice cream.” Ienzo heard Dilan whisper to Elaeus, who a quick, small nod.

Everybody in that room knew you could get Ansem to do what ever you wanted just by offering sea salt ice cream.

“What about Xehanort?” Ienzo had said after a little bit of quick thinking, “He should be completely recovered and some fresh air should do him some good as well.”

“He was the first person I asked, but he wanted to start on his research.” Ansem had explained.

Ienzo mind went blank. That was the first time he was not able to manipulate some one with a few simple words.

“Lighten up squirt. I don’t bite.” Braig said as he walked into the room.

Out of all the apprentices, Braig seemed to be the dumbest. He was constantly sneaking away for some target practice instead of experimenting like the others. Ienzo knew Braig would ditch him as soon they were far away enough from the castle. Nobody knew what possessed Ansem to take him on as an apprentice, but they had a few theories. Dilan and Elaeus both seem to think ice cream was involved, Even thought that Braig was smarter then he let on to be, while Ienzo believed Braig had some dirt on Ansem. In the end though, it didn’t matter. He wasn’t going anywhere any time soon.

It had been less then ten minutes since they had left the castle when Braig suddenly stopped and said, “You’re on your own from here on out squirt”.

“But you’re supposed to be watching me.” Ienzo said, not in a childish tone but a tone that said, “Ansem won’t like you disobeying orders”.

“You’re old enough to take care of yourself.”

“I wonder what Master Ansem will say when he finds out you left me all alone?”

Braig bent down, wrapped his arm around Ienzo, and said, “He won’t find out, because you won’t tell him. That is, unless you want another super nuggy.”

Ienzo instinctually put a hand up to the top of his head. The last time Braig had done that, he had left a tiny bald spot. As much as he hated to admit it, Ienzo was a little bit scared of Braig.

“F-fine. I won’t.” Ienzo muttered as Braig let go of him.

“Atta squirt. Well, I’ll see you later.”

And that was how Ienzo came to be walking the streets of Radiant Garden alone.

After a little while though, he found it wasn’t quite so bad to be outside of the castle. Even and the others weren’t around to constantly nag him to help with their experiments. Ienzo had sneaked a book out of the castle, knowing without a doubt that Braig would ditch him, and just had to find a good spot to enjoy it. Maybe Ansem was right.

It didn’t take Ienzo long to find the perfect spot. A nice, shady oak tree. Ienzo sat down under it, opened the book, and immediately got lost in the sea of words.

About fifty pages later (not much time in a bookworm’s world) something strange began to happen. The letters started to disappear and reappear. It took him a minute, but Ienzo finally realized that some one was waving a hand in between him and his book. He looked up to see a couple of boys two or three years older then him, staring at him.

“Can I help you?” Ienzo asked the boy who had been invading his personal space.

“Get away from the tree.” The boy told him.

“Why?”

“Because we need it.”

“And why is it so important that I leave?”

“You’d get in the way.”

“Why can’t you use a different tree?”

“Because we always use this tree.”

“Do you not understand that whoever is first on the premises has the right to use it for how ever long he or she wants?”

“Huh?”

Ienzo let out a agitated sigh. Those boys were worse to deal with then Braig.

“First come, first served.” Ienzo translated, and under his breath he muttered, “Idiot.”

“What did you call me?” The boy said, grabbing Ienzo by his collar and jerking him up. Ienzo had to admit, he may not have been the smartest, but he certainly had good hearing.

This guy reminded him of Braig. He had to put up with Braig, but know way was he putting up with this guy.

“I said you are an idiot.” Ienzo told him, saying it slowly to emphasize his point.

“Why you!” The guy said and pulled his fist to punch him.

Before it could connect with Ienzo though, someone yelled “HEY!”, stopping the guy in mid-punch.

(continued in ch2 and chapters will be added on this thread)

Last edited:
Awards
Post chapters of the same story in the same thread. :3

Oh, and standard grammar errors, forgot to mention that. There aren't a lot, though. I love the whole ice cream thing, too. So cute!

luna008

darn you errors! oh well, heres the next one.

SWEET MEMORIES CH.2​
Ienzo saw the boy look away from him towards the voice, fear starting to show on his face. Ienzo didn’t know why, the voice didn’t sound like Braig’s or anybody else he knew. In fact, it was a girl’s voice, which didn’t make sense. The only girls he knew was Kairi and the old lady who was always with her and the voice didn’t belong to them either. So why was some stranger helping him?

“W-what do you want?” The boy asked the mysterious girl, unable to stop his stuttering.

“I want you to put the kid down.” She told him.

“We weren’t bothering you.”

“Seeing you pick on some one smaller then you bothers me.”

“Well there’s five of us and only one of you so deal with it.” The boy said confidently.

“You may want to take stock of your “army” before making threats.” The girl told him, laughing.

The boy let go of Ienzo and turned around to see all of his friends had run away.

“So do you still want to tell me to ‘deal with it’?” The girl asked him.

Before the girl had even finished her sentence, the boy was already running away.

“I’ll be back!” the boy yelled over his shoulder, not stopping.

“Good bye Terminator.” Ienzo heard the girl mutter from where he was sitting.

Ienzo couldn’t move, he was to busy trying to figure out what just happened.

‘What kind of girl scares that many boys away just by showing up? She must be a monster.’

A touch to his shoulder brought him back to reality. Ienzo looked up to see the girl looking down on him. She had long black hair, and her sliver eyes were filled with concern.

“Are you okay? They didn’t hurt you did they?” She asked in a soft, kind voice.

The first thing that went through Ienzo’s mind and out his mouth was “you’re pretty?”

“Of course I am.” The girl said, beaming. Then she narrowed her eyes and said “wait, was that a question?”

Before Ienzo could stop himself, he nodded.

“Why shouldn’t I be?” The girl asked in a tone that said, “Chose your words carefully”.

“Well, those guys ran away because they were scared of you, so I just thought…” Ienzo said, trailing off.

The girl starred at him for a minute, then she laughed.

“You thought I would be some ugly beast, didn’t you? Can’t blame you though. There’s not many girls that can scare a bunch of boys like that.”

“What did you do to scare them so badly?” Ienzo asked her.

“Well, they thought they could push me around, but I pushed back. Much, much harder.” The girl said and Ienzo could have sworn he seen an evil glint in her eyes while she said that.

“Well, uh, thank you.”

“Don’t mention it; it was actually kind of fun. I’m Dusk by the way.” Dusk said, holding out her hand to Ienzo.

“I’m Ienzo.” Ienzo told her, taking her hand and shaking it.

“Ienko… Ienmso… Einko…ugh!”

“What’s wrong?”

“I can’t pronounce your name. I guess I’ll have to give you a nickname.”

“What?”

“Hmmm…I got it!” Dusk exclaimed, smacking her right fist into her left palm, “Ino.”

“Excuse me?” Ienzo said.

“Your new nickname.”

“Why ‘Ino’?”

“I just took out the second and the fourth letters and combined the other three.” Dusk explained.

“So let me get this straight,” Ienzo said, “you can spell my name but you can’t pronounce it?”

“Yeah, weird isn’t it?” Dusk said, laughing again.

This time Ienzo joined her.

After they got through laughing, Dusk said, “So Ino, I haven’t seen you around before, which part of the city do you live in?”

Ienzo didn’t say anything, he just looked towards the castle, which the top could be seen from where they were.

“You live there?” Dusk said, following his gaze.

“Yeah.”

“Then you must be the really smart kid I’ve heard about. … That’s so cool!” Dusk exclaimed.

“Huh?”

“I thought you would be dull and know-it-allish, but you’re not.” Dusk explained.

“Hey!” Ienzo exclaimed.

“Don’t ‘hey’ me. You were the one that thought I would be some ugly beast.” Dusk said pointing a finger into his chest.

“Good point.”

“So how come I’ve never seen you before?” Dusk asked him. Before he could answer, a thought went through her head. “Did they keep you locked up in that castle against your will to keep your super smart brain all to themselves? Is that why I’ve never seen you before? Did you escape?”

“No, I’m there on me own accord.”

“Oh.” Dusk said, disappointed, “and here I was geared up, ready to help you escape the bad guys.”

“Why? You don’t even know me.”

“Yes I do. I know your name is something I can’t pronounce, I know I call you Ino, I know you’re super smart, I know you live up in the castle, I know you’re not afraid to speak your mind, and I know you’re my friend. That’s six things I know about you.” Dusk said.

“Friend?” Ienzo said.

“Right. Wait, was that another question?”

“No, no.” Ienzo said, shaking his head, “It’s just that, I’ve never had a friend before.”

“What!?” Dusk exclaimed.

“Well, at least not my own age.” Ienzo explained.

“That makes more sense. But, why?”

“I guess I was to busy being a scientist to make friends that were my age.”

“But friends are vital! Who would you talk to if you didn’t have friends?”

“Colleagues.” Ienzo suggested.

“Coll- whatits?”

“People you work with.”

“You’re a little young to be working don’t ya think?”

“I enjoy working. It’s fun and challenging.”

“But think of what you’re missing.” Dusk said.

“Almost getting beat up by idiots. Yeah, I’m missing a lot.” Ienzo said sarcastically.

“That’s not what I meant.” Dusk said, standing up. She held out her hand to Ienzo, “Let me show you what you’re missing.”

‘It would be nice to learn about something other then a heart for a change.’ Ienzo thought.

“Okay, why not.” Ienzo said, taking Dusk’s hand.
“Get it off me! Get it off me!” Ienzo yelled struggling to get the beast that was on top of him off.

“Awww, he likes you.” Dusk told him, trying to keep from laughing.

“ I don’t care! Just get it off!”

“Fine. Here boy, come here.” Dusk called softly.

The dog that had been on top off Ienzo got off and went to investigate Dusk.

Ienzo bolted upright, taking so many quick breathes he was on the verge of hyperventilating.

“I think I saw my life flash before my eyes!” He exclaimed.

“Oh come on. It wasn’t that bad.” Dusk said, sending the dog on his way.

“Yes it was. So far all we’ve encountered is bad things.” Ienzo said, getting up.

“It’s only been five minutes.” Dusk said, flatly.

“I don’t care. I’m going back to the castle before anything else bad happens.” Ienzo said, turning to leave.
Dusk grabbed a hold of his arm, forcing him to turn around.

“Please stay.” Dusk said. She was making a face Ienzo found annoying but couldn’t say ‘no’ to. That’s probably why he found it annoying.

Ienzo only lasted about ten seconds under that gaze before cracking.

“Fine.” He sighed.

“Yea!” Dusk cheered, taking him by his hand and leading him away.

“Where are we going?”

“Don’t know yet.”

“So we’re just going to wonder around aimlessly?”

“We’re going where my heart led’s me.”

Ienzo stopped, causing Dusk to come to an abrupt halt too, and said, “Why are you following that? It’s not like it’s a compass. How do you know it won’t lead you astray?”

“I don’t know. When I was little, I was told that if I trust my heart, nothing bad will ever happen to me. But I know that’s not true,
because bad stuff still happens weather I trust it or not. But I trust my heart to help me find a way out of those bad times.”

“How can you be so certain?”

“Well, maybe if it was just my heart I would be a little worried, but my heart is connected to another heart, which makes my heart that much stronger.”

“Connected? To whose?” Ienzo asked her.

“To yours, silly. You are my friend.” Dusk told him, lightly poking him where his heart was.

Ienzo felt strange when she said that. It was a new emotion that he had never felt before and he didn’t know what it was, but it was causing him to blush.

“What’s wrong, Ino?” Dusk asked, noticing his blushing.

“I-I just feel a little hot, that’s all.” Ienzo stammered.

“I know what’ll fix you right up. Ice cream!”

“Can I have sea salt ice cream?”

“Sea salt? Is it any good?” Dusk asked Ienzo.

“Yeah! It’s the best, and my absolute favorite.” Ienzo told her.

“Wow, it must be good if your getting so excited about it.”

“Haven’t you ever had it before?”

“No, but I know a place that sells it, come on.” Dusk said as she started to drag Ienzo away again.
“I’ll go in and get it, you wait right here.” Dusk told Ienzo as she walked into the store.

“Okay.” Ienzo replied, but Dusk was already inside.

He still felt that weird emotion, but it wasn’t as strong as before. He couldn’t figure out why he was feeling the way he did. He knew Dusk was connected to the feeling, he just didn’t know how or why. He would have to research it when he got back to the castle.

Knock on wood, that was when Ienzo heard a familiar voice.

“There you are squirt, I’ve been looking every where for ya.”

Ienzo immediately spun to see Braig.

“W-what are you doing here?” Ienzo said, surprised.

“I’m here to take you back to the castle, that’s what.” Braig said, taking Ienzo by his wrist and dragging him away in a rougher manner then Dusk did.

“But-” Ienzo started to protest as Dusk walked out of the store with the ice creams.

She took one look at Braig and Ienzo, dropped the ice creams, and yelled “Hey, let go of him you pirate!” She pulled out a grey cylinder and ran towards them. While she was running, she press a tiny button on the cylinder and expanded out into a staff.

“Who just called me a pirate?” Braig said turning around. He was answered by Dusk’s staff smacking him as hard as Dusk could swing in the side of his face.

Braig let go of Ienzo as he fell to the ground and Dusk took that chance to drag Ienzo away.

When they were far away enough, Dusk stopped and said, “ Man, I just beat up a pirate!”

“He was the guy who was supposed to be watching me.” Ienzo told her.

“You have a pirate for a babysitter!?”

“He’s not a pirate. He just damaged his eye in a fight awhile back.”

“Oh, I guess I should go back and apologize then shouldn’t I?”

“Nah. He got what was coming to him.” Ienzo said, making them both laugh.

Suddenly Dusk stopped laughing.

“What’s wrong Dusk?” Ienzo asked her.

“I hit him in the side of the head pretty hard and he went down pretty quickly. What if I killed him?” Dusk asked, on the very verge of panicking.

“Don’t worry. Cockroaches are easier to kill.” Ienzo told her in a flat voice.

“Lets go back and make sure just in case.” Dusk said. Ienzo was about to say no when he saw that she was making that same face as before.

“Fine.”

When they got to him, they saw he was lying face down, not moving. Dusk took her staff and poked him with it. Braig let out a groan.

“Okay, he’s alive. Now lets go before he wakes up.” Ienzo said.

“Agreed.”
As they were walking back to the castle Ienzo asked where Dusk had gotten her staff.

“I made it myself.” She told him.

“Really? All by yourself.”

“Yeah. I got this ideal form this book I read.”

“That’s amazing” Ienzo told her.

“That I made it myself?” Dusk asked

“That you read.”

Dusk lightly punched his arm.

A little while later Ienzo said “ I better go on alone from here.”

“Okay. Hey, Ino?” Dusk said.

“Yeah dusk?”

“Will I ever see you again?”

“Yeah, of course. I’ll try to get out again real soon, okay?”

“Okay, I’ll be waiting by the tree where we first met. And don’t worry about those guys, they won’t ever mess with you again.” Dusk said as she started walking.

She had taken about seven steps when she turned around to wave goodbye, but Ienzo was already gone. Dusk just smiled. Boys were so confusing.
‘Girls are so confusing.’ Ienzo thought as he walked through the lab doors. His heart felt like it was going to burst when he was saying goodbye to Dusk and he had to run away from her to make sure it didn’t.

“Ienzo, where’s Braig.” Ansem had asked when he saw that his youngest apprentice was back.

Apart from running, Ienzo had also thought up a cover story.

“I don’t know, he was with me one minute then gone the next. I didn’t know what to do, so I came back here.” Ienzo said in the most
innocent voice he could muster.

“I see.” Ansem said, buying it, “Don’t worry, you’ll never have to do that again.”

“Actually, Master Ansem, I kind of want to go back outside again real soon, I made a friend out there.”

Ansem’s face lit up at that.

“Okay. I guess you don’t need anybody to watch you then?”

“No, I’ll be just fine.” Ienzo said, smiling in a way Ansem had never seen before.

A few hours later, Braig came back. With a big bruise to the side of his face. He told everybody he fell down some stairs and retreated to his room. Later, when nobody was around, Ienzo laughed at Braig harder then he ever had in his life.

Awards
Hmm... there were grammatical errors, and be sure to proceed with caution. An original character being the main character's best friend or love interest can sometimes be hard to write well. So far, you're doing well.

This is very cute and I like how you show Ansem as caring, since I assume he was prior to the complications. :3

luna008

SWEET MEMORIES CH.3​
“You seem impatient today Ienzo.” Xehanort commented, “Are you so anxious to see this friend of yours?”

It had been two weeks since Ienzo had met Dusk, a strange girl who was a bit on the wild side that had saved Ienzo from some boys that were going to beat him up. Ever since then he had been meeting up with her every two or three days. Each time Ienzo saw her, his heart felt this strange emotion he knew nothing about. As a scientist, he wanted to study this feeling more, but every time he got around Dusk, she would sweep him into an adventure and he would completely forget about being a scientist and be a regular kid. Dusk was causing Ienzo’s life to become one confused mess when he was around her, and he loved it.

“No, that’s not it. I’m just impatient to see the results of this experiment. It took a lot to get the perfect conditions ready.” Ienzo lied. It wasn’t that he was afraid of getting picked on; there was something about Xehanort that made Ienzo feel uneasy (though not as uneasy as Braig made him feel). The less Xehanort knew about him, the better.

“I see.” Xehanort said in a tone that made you feel he knew more then he was letting on. He used that tone often.

“I’m off now.” Ienzo told Ansem before he left.

“Have a good time.” Ansem replied, smiling. He had been the one to suggest for Ienzo to go outside.

As Ienzo made his way down, he began thinking about the connection between the feeling in his heart and Dusk. He already knew that she caused the feeling but the strange thing was, it seem to intensify or relax when she did different things. For instance, whenever she smiled at him, the feeling got so strong it felt like his heart might burst. But whenever she got mad at him, it would lessen. Strangely enough, the feeling got stronger whenever she made that you-can’t-say-no face.

Maybe Dusk was aware of the feelings, maybe she could control them. That wasn’t a pleasant thought. Luckily for Ienzo, the sound of a harmonica brought him out of his thoughts. Ienzo looked up and saw Dusk sitting under the very oak tree in which they met. She was blowing into her instrument making a bittersweet melody come out.

“What’s the name of that song?” Ienzo asked when he got up to her.

Dusk stopped, took the harmonica from her lips, and with out looking up, she said, “A reflection of the heart”.

“Really, that sounds a little sad to be a reflection from what you told me about the heart.” Ienzo said.

Dusk jumped as she recognized the voice.

“Uh, yeah, I guess the composer thought that was what the heart sounded like.” Dusk said, trying to save herself.

“Oh? Who’s the composer?”

“Um… Dawn!” Dusk exclaimed, happy to be able to come up with a name.

“Really now…”Ienzo said, not buying it. Perhaps this was the way she was controlling that feeling, if she was controlling it. The song did
make his heart feel strange.

“If the song had words to it though, I bet it would tell a story of longing.” Dusk said, getting a faraway look in her eyes.

“Longing? For what?”

“It would be about the longing of a girl waiting for the boy she loves.”

“Why would you want to listen to a song like that?” Ienzo asked, oblivious.

“Because I’m a girl, and girls like listening to stuff like that.” Dusk explained in an annoyed tone.

“Oh. Sorry. It just seems too sad to want to listen to all the time.” Ienzo said.

“That’s why we listen to it.” Dusk said, her faraway look returning.

“Huh?”
“When a girl finds the boy she’s in love with, her heart fills with both happiness and sadness. Happiness because she loves him, sadness because most of the time, the boy doesn’t realize she’s in love with him. Listening to songs like that lets us now we aren’t the only ones who feel that way. ”

This was an interesting piece of information.

“How long do have this feeling.” Ienzo asked, the scientist in him kicking in.

“It depends on the boy. Some guys realize pretty quickly that the girl’s in love with him, so the girl only has to feel those conflicting feelings for only a little bit. For other guys it could take a little while or they may never notice it all, leaving the girl to face the bitter sweetness in her heart forever. Finding out she’s in love is one of the most dangerous things that can happen to a girl.”

“What happens if the guy isn’t in love with the girl?”

“If the guy tells her he loves her, then the sadness goes away and happiness fills her heart. But if the guy doesn’t love her back, her heart fills with sadness.”

“So girls hate falling in love?” Ienzo asked. All of this was starting to confuse him.

Dusk shook her head. “Every girl can’t wait for the day she falls in love.”

“I don’t get that.”

“You’re a guy. You’re not supposed to understand.” Dusk said in an I-give-up tone.

Ienzo was about to ask what that was supposed to mean, when they heard “Dusk! Dusk, help!”

They both looked around the tree and saw a girl younger then themselves running towards them.

Dusk immediately got up and said, “Lily? What’s wrong?”

“Th-they’re hurting big brother!” Lily sobbed, burying her face into Dusk’s side.

“C-calm down Lily.” Dusk stammered, “Who’s hurting Aaron?”

“Those mean boys!”

“Show me!” Dusk said, then she remembered Ienzo, “Sorry Ienzo but I got to help them.”

“Uh…” was all Ienzo managed to say as he watched Dusk and Lily go.

He stood there for a minute before a tiny voice in his head said “go after her”. Ienzo didn’t know where this voice came from, but he
decided to listen to it.

It took him a while to catch up; being a scientist had its physical disadvantages. When he did catch up to them, Dusk was confronting the boy’s that were picking on Lily’s brother. Ienzo recognized them as the very same boys that hap almost beat them up. Ienzo also saw a few of them holding another boy that looked a little worse for wear.

“Let him go.” Dusk demanded in an evil voice.

“No. We’re tired of being pushed around by you. We’re taking a stand.”

“Please stop, you’re making me feel so bad for helping the people you bully.” Dusk said sarcastically.

“Dusk, save yourself. Forget about me, I’ll be okay.” The boy who they were holding said.

“It’s too late for that Aaron, they already made me mad.” Dusk told him.

“Are you kidding? They out number you! They’ll pumble you to a pulp.”

“Oh believe me, someone’s going to get pumbled and it’s not going to be me.” Dusk told him coolly.

“Dusk…” Ienzo started, not really sure what to say.

Dusk turned around and smiled at him.

“You did come. I was hoping you would.”

“You were?” Ienzo asked, confused.

“Yeah, I didn’t think you were the type of guy to just watch a girl go fight a bunch of idiotic guys.”

“So you want me to help you fight them?”

“What? Heck no.” Dusk told him in a are-you-crazy tone, “I need you to get Lily out of here.”

“But-” Ienzo stated to protest, but dusk stopped him.

“I’m sorry Ino, but I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Awww, how cute. Okay guys, let’s get them!” The ringleader of the boys shouted and charged at them.

“Get out of here!” Dusk yelled, pushing Lily in Ienzo’s direction.

So, not knowing what else to do, Ienzo grabbed Lily’s hand and ran.

They had gotten ten feet when Ienzo stopped and looked back. Dusk looked like she had everything under control, she had her staff out and was whacking the boys like there was no tomorrow. Still, a voice inside of him told him to go back, and he wanted to listen to it.

“Wait here.” Ienzo told Lily, and then started towards the fight.

He was near the edge of the fighting when one of the boys managed to knock Dusk’s staff out of her hands and Ienzo managed to catch
it. Everybody paused, possibly shocked that someone had been able to that, but that wouldn’t last long. Ienzo knew what he had to do.
Each one of the apprentices knew how to wield a weapon, even Even. The only exception was Ienzo, but that didn’t stop him from watching the others practice. He had watched Dilan more closely then the others lately because his weapon, a lance, was a lot like Dusk’s staff. Ienzo may have never have used a staff before, but he could try to apply what he learned by watching Dilan into a way to beat the boys.

The boys paused when they saw Ienzo raise the staff up to them. The lead boy brought them out of it by saying, “He’s nothing! Get him!”.

Ienzo didn’t retreat. He just tensed, ready to swing, thinking, ‘This is for Dusk!’.
“Ino?” A voice called to him.

“What?” Ienzo asked, opening his eyes. He saw Dusk looking down on him, concerned. He hadn’t seen that expression on her face since they had first met. Wait…why was she looking down on him?

“Ino, are you okay?” Dusk asked him. Was it his imagination, or did Ienzo hear her voice tremble?

“Yes.”

“Oh thank goodness.” Dusk sighed, leaning her head back.

‘She was worried about me?’ Ienzo thought.

Dusk, without warning, reached forward, grabbed Ienzo by his short collar, jerked him up into a sitting position, and yelled “You idiot!”

“W-what?” Ienzo was so close to Dusk’s face their noses were almost touching. He had never felt more scared, and strangely, more excited in his life.

“I told you go with Lily. Not come back here just so they could knock you out!”

“So that’s what happened.” Ienzo said to himself.

“Man I thought they had, like, killed you or something! What makes you think you have the right to play the hero?”

“My heart told me to come back and help you.” Ienzo murmured. At least, he thought it was his heart. It certainly wasn’t his head that told him to do something so insanely stupid.

“Your heart? If your heart told you to jump to off a cliff, would you do it? You know what, you probably would, because what you just did was the about the same on the stupid scale!”

“I thought you were big on following your heart.” Ienzo retaliated.

“So I’m a hypocrite. I don’t care. If something happened to you because of me, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself. Then I would hate you because it would partly your fault that I would feel bad.” Dusk said. Was Ienzo seeing things, or were their tears starting to form in her eyes?

“Uh, Dusk?” Aaron interrupted from behind them.

“What?” Dusk asked, letting go of Ienzo.

“Maybe you should take it easy on him, he did risk his life to help you and you would have been toast if it weren’t for him.”

“I can’t help it. I just don’t like it when people risk their necks for me. I can take care of myself. Heck, I even knocked out a pirate!”

“Briag isn’t a pirate. How many times do I have to tell you that?” Ienzo said.

“Hey, you agreed to call him one-eyed-Braig, so from now on he’s a pirate in my book.” Dusk told him.

“What the heck are you guys talking about?” Aaron asked.

“Oh hey, I haven’t introduced you guys yet. Ino, this is Aaron.”

“Nice to meet you.” Ienzo said politely.

“Aaron this is Ino.”

“Nice to meet you too. Any friend of my future wife is a friend of mine.” Aaron said back.

“Your what!?” Ienzo exclaimed.

“That’s funny Aaron, seeing how I never agreed to marry you in the first place.” Dusk said, almost hissing.

“Oh, you’ll come around eventually.”

“Feel free to ignore what he says and does. I do most of the time.”

“Hey!”

“And you meet his little sister, Lily.” Dusk continued.

“Thanks for helping us.” Lily said shyly.

“You’re welcome.” Ienzo told her.

“So where are you from?” Aaron asked him.

“The castle.” Ienzo told him.

“So you must be a child genius then. But what are you doing out here then?” Aaron asked, and like Dusk, jump to a conclusion of his own before Ienzo could tell him. “Your after Dusk too aren’t you. Admit it.”

“No, I’m not.” Ienzo told him.

“Why else would you be out here then? Of course, why should I be worried. A guy with a silly name like ‘Ino’ wouldn’t be able to win the heart of fair Dusk anyways.”

“Ino is a nickname that I gave him because I can’t pronounce his real name.” Dusk told him.

“What! You gave him a nickname? I’m losing my fair maiden.” Aaron cried dramatically.

“You never had her in the first place.” Dusk and Lily said together.

“My own sister is going against me. What a cruel world I live in.”

‘So this is how regular kids act. It’s so strange. But it’s fun to be apart of it all.’ Ienzo thought.

“Hey, what are you smiling about?” Aaron asked Ienzo.

“Hmm, oh, nothing.” Ienzo said, then he noticed what position the sun was in, “Oh no!”

“What is it Ino?” Dusk asked as Ienzo jumped up.

“The suns setting. I’m going to be late getting back to the castle.”

Dusk sighed and said “I guess I see you in a few days. Oh, and thanks for helping me.”

“Uh, you’re welcome.” Ienzo said, blushing slightly.

“Be prepared to duel for Dusk’s love the next time we meet.” Aaron told him.

“Bye.” Lily told him.

“Goodbye.” Ienzo called over his shoulder, already running, and thinking what he would tell Ansem when he got back.

Well, even if he had been knocked out and got into to trouble, he couldn’t say it was to bad of a day. He had learned more about the heart, he guessed he made some new friends, and Dusk had thanked him for helping him. Actually, when he thought about it, that last thing made him as happy as when Braig came back to the castle with the big bruise of where Dusk had smacked him upside his head with her staff.

Of course, Ienzo still couldn’t figure out why Dusk was making him feel strange, but that was a mystery for another day.

Awards
I'm not sure how I feel about the abundance of original characters... that's not a bad thing, just not my thing.

This is very sweet and cute, though! I like how foreign this all seems to Ino. C:

luna008

well, lily dosnt show up that much, and aaron is only there as ino's "rival"XD and thanks, i kind of wanted ino to kind of wanted to do what they kind of did with roxas in days, that is, discover certain emtions as he went along. now i have the next ch. ready, but theres kind of a problem with it...

luna008

well, i got fed up with having the ending of it in my head and i wrote it down and posted it as chapter 4 and posted on da that although it wasnt the ending, there was going to be more. so should i post it or wait till i get more chapters done?

Awards
Up to you. How do you want it done? Rushing the ending is probably a mistake, though, since it cuts off development and moments that could have made the story... fuller, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back