• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Swap Magic 3.6

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora18

Whats a really good website to get swap magic 3.6 I'm looking for the fastest way, any help will be appriciated.

Y

Yannis

Not if you use it correctly. You only need to follow directions. If so, you'll have no fear of screwing your Playstation up.

okay and could someone explain what is swap magic?? i mean what is it like, not what it does..

Last edited:

Sora18

swap magic allows you to play import games from japan

that's why I'm asking, because I have Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ and it was only released in Japan, that's why I need swap magic.

and hey Thraxe whats up man! :)

but does anyone know where I can get it? I'm trying to find the fastest way to get it.

Z3120

okay and could someone explain what is swap magic?? i mean what is it like, not what it does..

Swap Magic acts sort of like a cheat device like Gameshark 2 or Action Replay except, instead of uploading codes, it has the ability to allow you to play import games or cheats in some cases if you decide to get Swap Magic 3.8. What Swap Magic basically does is, let's say you've bought a PS2 from North America. The region code of a North American PS2, whether it's a fat or slim PS2, are generally NTSC. NTSC is the region code. The other two region codes are NTSC-J for Japan and PAL for Europe.

What Swap Magic does is bypass the region lock instilled automatically by your respective PS2 to not let you play games from other regions. In this particular case, your NTSC PS2 cannot play any NTSC-J or PAL games without any sort of modification like through the use of such devices like Swap Magic.

As for the specific technicalities, I don't quite remember how the exact files were set up in Swap Magic to do this since my trial version of Hex editor is over :glare: so no real answer about how it exactly works other than to say it works sadly. (too bad I can't recall it because I knew of it -_-)

And what is Swap Magic like? Well, just think of it this way. You need to load up your Swap Magic disc before you can play the actual game you wish to play. A little tedious but not awfully much as some have claim to warrant a mod-chip installation. Anyway, you either need the use of a slide card or magic keys depending on what type of PS2 you have. If you have a fat, bulky PS2, then you need the slide card. For the slim PS2, for both the black and silver PS2s, the magic keys.

You need to use the slide card or magic keys, depending on what type of PS2 you have of course, because you need to swap to the game you want to play without the PS2 detecting the swap from taking place, otherwise, you'll end up with the red screen of invalidness, making the import game not work since your PS2 will deny it from loading.

You have to do this, properly and correctly, because if you merely press the eject button on the fat PS2 and swap to your import game, it'll trigger the PS2 into reconfirming the game's authenticity (since Swap Magic can play backups also) and region. For the magic keys, you basically install them in 3 defined locations and don't worry about opening or closing the lid as, when installed correctly, should hold the security sensors in place so it cannot detect the swap from happening.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Why dont you try something like ebay? It usually dosent take that long. Plust if you're worried about getting ripped off, just use paypal. I think that if something happens, your're covered and you can get your money back.

Yay 100 posts!!

Sora18

umm I don't have paypal, and I don't like it, I just need to know a site that you guys used to get it, so that way I can get it. alright.

Z3120

I had a site I could recommend. A few really. But because of the raids a few weeks ago, those sites closed down for precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back