• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

suppose If Kingdom Hearts ever did go the Final fantasy route...(Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I have no idea where to put a discussion like this, anyway, how would that work, I mean like changing the main characters for every game, with different continuity's, especially with the Disney characters, obviously you have to keep the main Disney characters of Mickey and the rest, and change there history because it wouldn't work for a different continuity, and you'd have to figure out how to explain the Disney worlds in this hypothetical new continuity, otherwise it's the same story's, what are your thoughts?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh, this would be such an interesting idea~! It's just neat to think of them being able to do something entirely different with the Disney characters from game to game, as compared to a long series where they've already established them in a certain way. Perhaps have one game where certain (good) Disney characters leave their world, a la the early concept of Hollow Bastion having all the princes there. A game where Hades is the main villain, one where Maleficent's story is completely different (maybe she's more of a primordial source of darkness rather than a world-specific character), etc.

I don't think it would be too difficult to give each continuity its own rules about how different worlds work / world travel / the source of Heartless and KH and so on. It's sort of the way FF functions, where summons, combat, and the crystals are explained in a different way for every game.

KHRULER

Awards
I like the idea but the more I think about, I don't know if the variation would be as exciting/original as Final Fantasy.

FFVII is very different from FFX which is very different from FFXIII which is very different from FFXV. The only restriction is that Final Fantasy has to be...fantasy. Easy. Seemingly, KH would have to be tied to Kingdom Hearts. Which isn't the worst thing. Several Kingdom Hearts already exists in the series...unironically...lol but I struggle to imagine if that variation could compete with FF's in an entertaining way. or even exist distinctly outside of FF's variation

I think the only way it could compete would to just become...Final Fantasy but with Disney, which already is Kingdom Hearts but even more so. Plots with Gods, Royalty, Dystopias. It might feel a little TOO similar to Final Fantasy. I would still play it regardless! Sounds fun!

vaderskywalker

Awards
I forgot to mention I've had this thought in the back of my head for years.
Oh, this would be such an interesting idea~! It's just neat to think of them being able to do something entirely different with the Disney characters from game to game, as compared to a long series where they've already established them in a certain way. Perhaps have one game where certain (good) Disney characters leave their world, a la the early concept of Hollow Bastion having all the princes there. A game where Hades is the main villain, one where Maleficent's story is completely different (maybe she's more of a primordial source of darkness rather than a world-specific character), etc.

I don't think it would be too difficult to give each continuity its own rules about how different worlds work / world travel / the source of Heartless and KH and so on. It's sort of the way FF functions, where summons, combat, and the crystals are explained in a different way for every game.
Okay, but that still leaves the matter of Disney themselves not letting Disney characters interact with other Disney characters, hence why we have the "World order" thing Donald is always going on about, not against it, just Disney won't let us have any fun with this concept, then again, this all hypothetical anyway, and the thing with Hades and/or Maleficent being the main bad guys, is an awesome concept, that could work for something like this, Maleficent is already not confined to her world in the main continuity anyway, so it wouldn't really change much for her, except that she would become a serious threat.
I like the idea but the more I think about, I don't know if the variation would be as exciting/original as Final Fantasy.

FFVII is very different from FFX which is very different from FFXIII which is very different from FFXV. The only restriction is that Final Fantasy has to be...fantasy. Easy. Seemingly, KH would have to be tied to Kingdom Hearts. Which isn't the worst thing. Several Kingdom Hearts already exists in the series...unironically...lol but I struggle to imagine if that variation could compete with FF's in an entertaining way. or even exist distinctly outside of FF's variation

I think the only way it could compete would to just become...Final Fantasy but with Disney, which already is Kingdom Hearts but even more so. Plots with Gods, Royalty, Dystopias. It might feel a little TOO similar to Final Fantasy. I would still play it regardless! Sounds fun!
This is true, but there, are ways around the Kingdom Hearts thing, for example, there is a fanfic on fanfiction.net, that takes place after KH2, except, aside from the main characters and what happened to them previously, it has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts doesn't even show up anywhere in the story, aside from some references, and Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald and Goofy are still the main characters, with some OCs (original characters) thrown in, and the story is called Prince of Heart Final Mix, and just Prince of Heart Final Mix, instead of KH3,but that's essentially what it was, and BBS didn't come out yet, nor did days, and the recompletion process hadn't been thought of yet, so when Xehanort and his Nobody were destroyed, they were truly dead in the story, that's essentially what it was, and I know, a fanfic is different from an official product, especially when it comes to marketing, because a random name could cause confusion, my point is, taking a name that sounds like it could fit with the lore is an idea that has merit, that is if you want to get away with calling it something other than Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I have no idea where to put a discussion like this, anyway, how would that work, I mean like changing the main characters for every game, with different continuity's, especially with the Disney characters, obviously you have to keep the main Disney characters of Mickey and the rest, and change there history because it wouldn't work for a different continuity, and you'd have to figure out how to explain the Disney worlds in this hypothetical new continuity, otherwise it's the same story's, what are your thoughts?
The Disney worlds are just worlds Sora visits. So you wouldn't reuse the worlds in each game. For example, Sora fights Maleficent while Yozora fights Facilier.

The Disney castle characters have a similar solution. You just use different characters. For example, Riku travels with Mickey while Ephemer travels with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. You might have to give them a different home other than Disney castle so you could use the Wasteland of Epic Mickey.

You could redo movies with different aspects but you could introduce the worldline aspect sooner. Or acknowledge that they are fictional stories like Once Upon a time did in its final seasons.

Ff13, Type 0 and 15 originally shared a mythos with the Crystals and the Fal'cie. So you'd have Kingdom Hearts and the Keyblade pop up but each new continuity uses them differently.

Another option would be like the Pokémon Adventures manga. Unlike the anime, they swapped out protagonists every region. They kept the same world and continuity so it felt like a better approach than just creating a new continuity each entry.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaderskywalker

Awards
The Disney worlds are just worlds Sora visits. So you wouldn't reuse the worlds in each game. For example, Sora fights Maleficent while Yozora fights Facilier.

The Disney castle characters have a similar solution. You just use different characters. For example, Riku travels with Mickey while Ephemer travels with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. You might have to give them a different home other than Disney castle so you could use the Wasteland of Epic Mickey.

You could redo movies with different aspects but you could introduce the worldline aspect sooner. Or acknowledge that they are fictional stories like Once Upon a time did in its final seasons.

Ff13, Type 0 and 15 originally shared a mythos with the Crystals and the Fal'cie. So you'd have Kingdom Hearts and the Keyblade pop up but each new continuity uses them differently.

Another option would be like the Pokémon Adventures manga. Unlike the anime, they swapped out protagonists every region. They kept the same world and continuity so it felt like a better approach than just creating a new continuity each entry.
I'm talking about if Kingdom Hearts hypothetically changed continuity's similar to Final Fantasy, you know, an entirely different main character and cast (aside from the Disney characters), and they get changed out in every game, that's what I mean.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm talking about if Kingdom Hearts hypothetically changed continuity's similar to Final Fantasy, you know, an entirely different main character and cast (aside from the Disney characters), and they get changed out in every game, that's what I mean.
I know and I explained how I thought that would work. FF did have recurring elements and characters between games. Such as FF13, Versus and Agito sharing the Crystals and I'cie. So KH would probably be the same with the Keyblade and Kingdom Hearts itself being the main constants.

I don't think you need to reuse the Disney worlds or companions. So Yozora hanging out with Oswald and fighting Dr. Facilier in Verum Rex would be a valid approach. Or in this case KH4: Verum Rex. ;)

vaderskywalker

Awards
I know and I explained how I thought that would work. FF did have recurring elements and characters between games. Such as FF13, Versus and Agito sharing the Crystals and I'cie. So KH would probably be the same with the Keyblade and Kingdom Hearts itself being the main constants.
Oh.
I don't think you need to reuse the Disney worlds or companions. So Yozora hanging out with Oswald and fighting Dr. Facilier in Verum Rex would be a valid approach. Or in this case KH4: Verum Rex. ;)
The thing is, it would still have ties to the first continuity because it would be a spin off, so it wouldn't really be a change in continuity, after all, FF8 doesn't tie into FF7.

D

Deleted member 246005

Oh.

The thing is, it would still have ties to the first continuity because it would be a spin off, so it wouldn't really be a change in continuity, after all, FF8 doesn't tie into FF7.
It's an example to use of how that approach would work. Yozora is the easiest to use because he's the easiest to seperate from the other characters.

vaderskywalker

Awards
It's an example to use of how that approach would work. Yozora is the easiest to use because he's the easiest to seperate from the other characters.
Fair enough, actually, come to think of it, aren't The Final Fantasy games basically reboots (aside from a few exceptions), I mean with the sequels?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Fair enough, actually, come to think of it, aren't The Final Fantasy games basically reboots (aside from a few exceptions), I mean with the sequels?
Each numbered title is seperate. There are a few fan theories about which of them could be connected. For example, people believe FF10 is the distant past of FF7.

The numbered games starting get direct sequels but those are considered spinoffs. So we'd probably see the Xehanort saga happen but in a more limited fashion.

@KHRULER is right as they would end up using more RPG tropes to flesh out each entry's specific story.

But I've seen a fan rewrite that add Cosmo and Chaos to KH. And the Xehanort saga is a much weaker version of the FF7 spinoffs that came out around the same time. So I don't think it would be that out of place.

An easier way is just to make it an FF sequel by having Sora and the other new characters be related to an FF protagonist. I joked about doing a fanfic where Sora was Squall and Rinoa's son. So that would be an easier template to use.

Or just having Mickey team up with a younger version of Squall would work too. It would be like the new Bayonetta spinoff "Cereza and the Last demon".

Just with Squall and Mickey. ;)

vaderskywalker

Awards
An easier way is just to make it an FF sequel by having Sora and the other new characters be related to an FF protagonist. I joked about doing a fanfic where Sora was Squall and Rinoa's son. So that would be an easier template to use.
You're kidding about Sora being Squall (Leon) and Rinoa's son, right? because I see more Cloud and Arieth in him then those two.

D

Deleted member 246005

You're kidding about Sora being Squall (Leon) and Rinoa's son, right? because I see more Cloud and Arieth in him then those two.
It was a joke but I like it as a reboot pitch. I preferred Ven as Cloud and Tifa's kid and I wanted to do a fanfic where he learns that during BBS.

Edit- I'd probably connect Roxas and the Organization to FF9 and Yozora with FF10.

But those are flexible as Yozora could be related to FF4's Kain.

Back