• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Everyone is Here! | December 7th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Smash Bros?

Votes: 44 11.3%
  • Melee

Votes: 115 29.5%
  • Brawl

Votes: 231 59.2%

• Total voters

Megavoltage

Awards
Yeah, they didn't put in the extra effort but I'm happy he got in at all. Could Mallow work as a Mii fighter?

Awards
I remember the meltdown over the Three Houses rep xD

Yeah, Byleth is pretty badass!

Nintendo picked the DLC, not Sakurai.

bm5z83lwrf561.png

They would so do it.

Ah, I see!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, they didn't put in the extra effort but I'm happy he got in at all. Could Mallow work as a Mii fighter?
Mallow's way too weird for that. Too short for a mii's body and while they could go swordfighter with a froggie stick, it wouldn't scratch the surface of Mallow's movepool. With Geno, he mostly just shoots a lot anyway so it's not as big a lost imo.

isakiri

Awards
OMG! Super Smash Bros. x Super Mario RPG!! Geno!!! EVERYONE REALLY IS HERE!!!!!
Wasn't Geno already a mii costume in Smash 4?

Honestly though, I'm very thankful that Sakurai did not give in and make Geno a playable character. There's absolutely no reason for a character from an RPG that very few people have actually played to be put into Smash. There's so many better choices that will bring in new players. In my opinion the DLC characters need to appeal to a broader audience to pull in new players.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wasn't Geno already a mii costume in Smash 4?
True, didn't know. Guess they just made a presentation, but it's oddly that they specifically made a small deal out of it with the "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Super Mario RPG". Something tells me they'll reveal the game for the Switch Online eventually.

Other than that, there's a meltdown over the Geno character. Seriously, there are some peeps that think they're entitled to get X character into Smash just because they're organized and vocal about it.

Perkilator

Awards
2 more slots left...I'm not mad if Sora doesn't make it, but I still got hope for Crash!

Maybe at E3, we'll get the last 2 fighters?

disney233

Awards
Honestly, I shouldn't even be disappointed or hate Pyra as Twitter probably does (just like any other fighter.). Kinda hypocritical to hate an anime swordswoman...or sword, when you want someone who is technically an anime swordsman.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm trying to remember, but all the Fighters been chosen or does Nintendo choose them and then Sakurai develops them? I forgot about that detail. The only one I know is that Nintendo chooses them.

Other than that:
Eggman > Crash >>> Sora

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
The way I've been told (could be completely wrong, of course) is that Nintendo gave Sakurai a list of let's say 20 characters they thought could work in Smash, and Sakurai would get to choose the allotted amount of fighters from that list, chosen based on which characters he thought could have the most unique and/or interesting moveset.

As to whether or not they have all been chosen? Yes. Considering that fighters pass 2 is to be completed by December at the latest, yes.
I think it was an interview with some Mojang employees, where they mentioned Nintendo had spent nearly 5 years negotiating for Steve/Alex's inclusion in Smash, and considering that FF7 barely had anything before Sephiroth's release, it's very possible that (pre)development on him had started before the release of base game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The way I've been told (could be completely wrong, of course) is that Nintendo gave Sakurai a list of let's say 20 characters they thought could work in Smash, and Sakurai would get to choose the allotted amount of fighters from that list, chosen based on which characters he thought could have the most unique and/or interesting moveset.

As to whether or not they have all been chosen? Yes. Considering that fighters pass 2 is to be completed by December at the latest, yes.
I think it was an interview with some Mojang employees, where they mentioned Nintendo had spent nearly 5 years negotiating for Steve/Alex's inclusion in Smash, and considering that FF7 barely had anything before Sephiroth's release, it's very possible that (pre)development on him had started before the release of base game.
Didn't know about Steve. Wow, thanks for sharing!

Back