• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Smash Bros. Brawl General Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee Fan Corner

My preferred character is Mario/Dr. Mario. I can overpower the competition with the doc, still be able to move at decent speeds, and throw pills. Plus, I get to say things like "The doctor is in!", "Take two and call me in the morning", and "An apple a day can't keep me away." I like to use the plumber Mario when I want to be a little quicker, but I have to sacrifice those one-liners.

Lately, I've tried my hand at using Ganondorf. He's actually pretty fun to use. It can sometimes be hard to hit, but when you do connect it's so satisfying.

Anyway, if anyone in the game is overpowered, that character would be Fox. It's not because he's fast, but it's because of his damn smash attacks...every one of them. Forget trying to sidestep then attacking while he recovers, because he recovers the very instant his attack stops, and each one hits everywhere around him.

Master Correa

Where my band lives! We are the Pyrokinetics!

JcMunny153 said:
This is a place where you can talk about anything Super Smash related (the one for gamecube). Please ask questions for help and post hints in the Q and A thread

Cool. Ok, here's a thing I found out in all Nintendo games about mario. In SSBM you see Bowser like a more savage and deadly beast due to his appereance, but in other mario games; Luigi's Mansion in the Final boss fight with King Boo and Bowser for example; you see Bowser like more different than his SSBM counterpart.

Maybe some of you have noticed this, it's just a reminder that keeps being stuck in my head.

yado

I taste delicious

^not sure what u talking about

Even though every1 hates him i like laying a smash with ness and his YO-YO OF DOOM

yado

I taste delicious

Ya what game is our giga friend from and why does he controll the elements.

Tsuki-chan

つきこ
Awards

my favorite char. would be probably kirby ( i usually suck the people then walk over a edge but before i reach the bottom i let go of them and float up). do any of ya like to use roy or marth?

yado

I taste delicious

Im ok with roy but marth isnt as cool because he cant use fire. I like how mister game and watch uses pancakes as a weapon though.

TTBK2

Awards

I like using Mr. Game and Watch, but it's so rare to get a 9 from that B attack of his(forget which direction it is). I got it once and I instantly killed my friend. So much fun. But I use Fox and Falco. Fox is super fast and Falco has a high jump. It's so fun to keep my friends in the air with both of them and then finish them off with the upwards scissor kick. They get so pissed off. :D

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

My preference in combatants would have to be Luigi/Falco.

Luigi's faster than Mario, can jump higher, and his taunt hurts people! It only does one damage, but boy do you love it when it connects. Plus, you get an award for it. The only problem with Luigi is that he slides around way too much. He gets great hangtime with his jumps, but if you're trying to get an item on a lower platform above you before someone else, it can be a problem.

On to special moves. The Luigi Tornado (down+b) is a great way to scatter opponents, and you can move a lengthy distance horizontally. The Jumping Uppercut (his up+b, aka Flaming Fist of Fury) is your win button. If you use it while inside the opponent, it turns them to flames and makes a pleasurable "Cring!!" sound, like a home-run bat. It's not uncommon to see your opponent fly after they only have 80%. Then you have the Fireball (neutral B). I love this pic:

ssbmluigi3.jpg

Next the Green Missile (side+b). A great recovery move, and damage maker. It has a 12.5% chance of misfiring, shown here:

ssbmluigi5.jpg

God, I love that move. On to Falco.

Falco is fun to use. I like him better than Fox, maybe because he's harder to use. I don't know, that's just me. But he does have advantages over Fox. His side+A charge smash does 1% more damage than Fox's. That's it, though. He also has longer reach, and his aerial down+A is the best spike/meteor smash move in the game. Falco is very agile, and he can jump to amazing heights. But he has low endurance, weak first strikes, and he falls very, VERY quickly.

Special moves. His Falco Phantasm (side+B) not only sounds cool, but it can be a helpful recovery move, and it's very fun to use in a place like Fourside. Why? Because when you use it in midair and it connects, it sends your opponent straight down! The Fire Bird (up+B) sounds cool as well, but it's practically worthless compared to Fox's Fire Fox. It doesn't travel as far, as well as it doesn't do damage to those around him. It still does good damage, though. The Reflector (down+B) is, well, a reflector. It's also good when there's a giant orgy around you, just use the reflector, and it hurts everyone touching you. Now for the COOLEST move Falco has to offer, the Blaster (neutral B). To illustrate my point:

ssbmfalco3.jpg

Oh yeah. It's also the niftiest edge-guarding tool in the game.

So there you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back