• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Crazy Keyblade Theorizing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I posted this over on a smaller site, and got few replies, so I wanna post it here so the experts can tear apart the things within which have been officially disproven, if there is anything. D:

Beware as it's VERY unorganized, due to being three distinct posts.

Basically, we know that Sora and Riku's Keyblades have Keychains. It has been confirmed that Terra, Ven, and Aqua have no Keychain on their respective Keyblades. Basically, what I'm feeling here is this.

Every Keyblade Wielder, when they reach a certain level of power, literally crafts a Keyblade with his/her own heart, thus it would be an extension of oneself. This would be your Keyblade's base form, only usable by the creator. When the Creator dies, his/her heart would become a Keychain, housing the powers and abilities of his/her Keyblade within it, allowing novice Keybladers to utilize the power in their own, non-specific Keyblades until such time as they can craft their own, unique Keyblade. Perhaps old wielders pass on their power to a Novice of their choice when they pass on...

---

Keyblades such as the Oathkeeper~ Basically, every Keychain is simply the extension of the heart of a certain individual. Some come from Wielders in the past who manifested the power as a Keyblade while others are simply the power of a strong heart (such as Kairi's or Riku's) manifesting itself in a tangible form; the Keychain.

They may also be related to memories. Memories, as seen in CoM are all located within the Heart, so the Keychain may be a physical manifestation of particular memories. When the Heart is one such as that of a Keyblade Wielder, their heart may literally manifest itself as a Keyblade. When the Wielder passes on, their memories would manifest similarly in a Keychain, which could be passed on to lesser Keybladers to use the weapon.

---

So, after reading stuff about Keyblades on the KH wikia...

The common consensus seems to be that "zomg Riku and Sora are epic so they must be the greatest Keybladers in history!"

In other words~ People are all over assuming that a Keyblade without a Keychain is a false Keyblade rather than a true Keyblade (which makes MUCH more sense, imo)

Because of this, they have also speculated that the Keyblade of People's Hearts (Dark Keyblade) was incomplete which is why it had no Keychain... >_>

Notice something. The Dark Keyblade was crafted directly from the Hearts of the Princesses... It had no Keychain. Durp durp, it's a real, true Keyblade; an extension of the Heart.

A novice Keyblader would still have his/her unique Keyblade, no? That Keyblade would NOT have a Keychain, though the novice is clearly not enough in control to wield that weapon, due to it being literally an extension of his/her Heart. Thus, they would need to borrow the powers of others' Hearts [Keychains] to combine with their own Heart [Keyblade] in order to wield it efficiently. Let me use Sora as an example here so I don't have to keep using indefinite descriptions...

Perhaps, when Sora obtains a Keychain from an old Wielder (Kingdom Key's Keychain) and hooks it up to his own Keyblade, it doesn't manifest itself necessarily in the exact form of the older wielder's Keyblade, but rather a form which channels his memories with Sora's Heart to create a whole different weapon [Kingdom Key]. As such, all Keyblades would be unique. This would also make a bit of sense within KH1/2, since just about none of the Keyblades in KH1 carried over to KH2. Most worlds had a NEW Keychain, due to Sora having NEW experiences there. The Oathkeeper and Oblivion, since they channel Sora's own memories of Kairi and Riku, respectively, obviously would not change form, since they are parts of Sora himself.

I'm thinking the main reason everyone is calling Keyblades sans Keychains fake is due to the Way to the Dawn Keyblade of Riku. This can easily be explained using my above examples as well~ Now, consider this.

Terra wanted to pass his on to Riku, but Riku fell to darkness. Fearing the path he would take, Terra instead passed his on to Sora.

Aqua held on to hers longer, waiting for the right person to come along and ended up passing it on to Kairi, through Riku, because, perhaps, her powers could not reach into the depths of the World That Never Was, where Kairi was. Also, because Kairi has never been in one place for too long, locating her to pass her power on could prove quite difficult.

Ventus passed his power on to Sora as well, hence Sora's ability to Dual Wield Keyblades.

"What about Riku?"

He delved into darkness, even taking Xehanort's form at one point. He has Xehanort's Heartless within him. Who is to say that his Keychain which allowed his Soul Eater to change form to the Way to the Dawn was not gifted to him from Master Xehanort himself?

Keyblade Graveyard~

Hammerspace. It's where the form of each Keyblade rests when it is not in use by its respective Wielder. There are hundreds because, as seen with Sora, any one Wielder can have dozens upon dozens of distinct forms for his/her Keyblade, all of which would be unique to that individual user, as outlined in my speculation. You know, with how the memories of the giver of the Keychain mesh with the Wielder's own Heart [the Wielder's Keyblade] to spit out a unique Keyblade form, wielded by that Wielder. o-o Lots of "wield" words lawl. Basically, the Wielder would channel the memories of a certain person and then call upon his/her Keyblade and thus draw out whichever one they want at whichever time they wish.

Terra's shapeshifting Keyblade can be directly related to this as well. Due to his status as a Master, he could theoretically be consciously switching the form of his Keyblade in accordance with his memories of different people and situations from throughout his past, manifesting each memory into a different form of his Keyblade. Perhaps when you achieve that level of mastery over your Keyblade, Keychains no longer are necessary to change the form of your Keyblade, as every memory is a part of you instead and you can thus call upon any memory at any time to use a different Keyblade.

So yeah. Thoughts?

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Interesting and I've heard stuff like this before, just not said in this way. I like the idea of "true keyblades" and them being manefestations of the heart makes the keychains {memories} make sense. Some parts are iffy like the ones with VAT, since we don't know for sure yet, but other then that, this is a good theory.

peachie

Keyblades such as the Oathkeeper~ Basically, every Keychain is simply the extension of the heart of a certain individual. Some come from Wielders in the past who manifested the power as a Keyblade while others are simply the power of a strong heart (such as Kairi's or Riku's) manifesting itself in a tangible form; the Keychain.

Problem with the heart thing is that we get keychains after encountering beings without hearts to manifest into keychains: Roxas (in KH2:Final Mix) and Axel come to mind. We also get pretty generic keychains at times, clearly not based on a single individual; but rather a world, or experience.

They may also be related to memories. Memories, as seen in CoM are all located within the Heart, so the Keychain may be a physical manifestation of particular memories. When the Heart is one such as that of a Keyblade Wielder, their heart may literally manifest itself as a Keyblade. When the Wielder passes on, their memories would manifest similarly in a Keychain, which could be passed on to lesser Keybladers to use the weapon.

Yes. Memories, however, work.

So, after reading stuff about Keyblades on the KH wikia...

:/ KH wiki is EXTREMELY unreliable and is a cesspit for false information.

In other words~ People are all over assuming that a Keyblade without a Keychain is a false Keyblade rather than a true Keyblade (which makes MUCH more sense, imo)

And they would be incorrect because..
Xion proved that wrong with Days. You can have a fake keyblade with a keychain. TAV are simply chosing not to accessorize for some unknown reason. No one said their keyblades were fake. We have no reason to believe they are.

Notice something. The Dark Keyblade was crafted directly from the Hearts of the Princesses... It had no Keychain. Durp durp, it's a real, true Keyblade; an extension of the Heart.

Nomura himself said it was an artificial keyblade.

Terra wanted to pass his on to Riku, but Riku fell to darkness. Fearing the path he would take, Terra instead passed his on to Sora.

Terra perhaps originally intended it for Riku, based on what he sensed in him or something, but the keyblade itself is the ultimately holds the final choice. Terra had nothing to do with the Sora taking it back, it went to him at the events of hollow bastion because Sora's heart was stronger than Riku's at that moment, and the keyblade migrated to him.

Aqua held on to hers longer, waiting for the right person to come along and ended up passing it on to Kairi, through Riku, because, perhaps, her powers could not reach into the depths of the World That Never Was, where Kairi was.

Kairi was never a wielder of the keyblade. Riku was dual wielding in that instance and the keyblade went back to him. It was Riku's choice and it was only temporary. Also I don't think Aqua would able to do anything like give a keyblade to Kairi during the events of KH2 because, as we've seen, she's either dead, or the remains of her are contained in that armor of her's in the underground labratory. Also Kairi had been in trouble when Axel tried to kidnap her on DI, why not give it to her then? What about Twilight Town, when Axel kidnaps her again? What about when the organization kidnapped her?

Also, because Kairi has never been in one place for too long, locating her to pass her power on could prove quite difficult.

Kairi lived on DI for 10 years...

Ventus passed his power on to Sora as well, hence Sora's ability to Dual Wield Keyblades.

We have nothing that would indicate the Ven passed down his powers to Sora. I don't see how that explains dual wielding.

He delved into darkness, even taking Xehanort's form at one point. He has Xehanort's Heartless within him. Who is to say that his Keychain which allowed his Soul Eater to change form to the Way to the Dawn was not gifted to him from Master Xehanort himself?

There is nothing to indicate the Master Xehanort EVER met Riku. Why would MX give it to him?

Perhaps when you achieve that level of mastery over your Keyblade, Keychains no longer are necessary to change the form of your Keyblade, as every memory is a part of you instead and you can thus call upon any memory at any time to use a different Keyblade.

Sora, Riku and Mickey are all keyblade masters and they all use keychains.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
>.> This is stuff I don't keep up on hence why it's all been so killed.

Also Kairi had been in trouble when Axel tried to kidnap her on DI, why not give it to her then? What about Twilight Town, when Axel kidnaps her again? What about when the organization kidnapped her?
Notice how she's never been in one place for a very long time, getting kidnapped all the time? >_>

Kairi lived on DI for 10 years...
When she was likely too young to wield a Keyblade. There's been nothing saying either way on that, so purely speculation as to the age at which wielding becomes necessary.

We have nothing that would indicate the Ven passed down his powers to Sora. I don't see how that explains dual wielding.
Nothing says he didn't. As for dual wielding, I just threw that in there because it still makes no sense to me how someone can have 2 Keyblades unique to his/her person. >_> Especially since in KH1, you change the Keychain on your Keyblade to use a separate weapon... At no point did Sora have more than one Keyblade in KH1. That may have been retconned in KH2, though, but I'm not sure on that.

There is nothing to indicate the Master Xehanort EVER met Riku. Why would MX give it to him?
Eh, yeah. I completely neglected that whole thing. >_>; It'd be more sensible that it was the Dark Soldier who passed it on to Riku IF Keyblades indeed work that way.

Sora, Riku and Mickey are all keyblade masters and they all use keychains.

Nomura stated that you must train in the Keyblade, being taught by a Master. 99.99% sure Sora has never trained under a Master Keyblader. >_> Sorry, I don't see how he could be a Master unless he like... channels Ventus' spirit or something. Even then, though... Terra, Aqua, and Ventus are all confirmed as Apprentices to a Master, too. << Sora is definitely not as good as any of those three with the Keyblade, judging by gameplay videos of the three of them... They're apprentices. Sora is definitely not a Master. I don't believe using a Keyblade = being a Keyblade Master...

There's nothing to confirm Mickey as a master either. If he isn't a master, there couldn't possibly be any way for Riku to have trained under a Master, either, thus... not a Master himself.

Abbot

I don't feel like going through this whole theory, though I read it, and I like it. A few things I found iffy, but I'm not pointing them out. What I would like to say, though, is, I hope Sora gains that 'level of mastery' one day. Why?

Perhaps when you achieve that level of mastery over your Keyblade, Keychains no longer are necessary to change the form of your Keyblade, as every memory is a part of you instead and you can thus call upon any memory at any time to use a different Keyblade.

Cause that. Would. Be. Hella. Fun.

8shortfuse

it sounds kinda cool whether it's fact or not. The part about the memories and the keychains is an interesting thought, and would explain why the games have different keychains based on Sora's experiences in each world. Not sure I agree with everything, but some of the info seems to fit.

Kitsune_XIII

I like this theory. There are a lot of things that make sense in it.

My only issue is that Nomura confirmed at some point that one member of VTAs group has zero connection to SRK. Terra and Riku obviously have a connection because of what LS said(battle =/= canon, what LS said = canon).
And Ven and Roxas have a connection, automatically making Ven and Sora connected.
That leaves Aqua and Kairi to be the ones who have no connection whatsoever to each other.

Other than that though, this makes sense and I like the idea of a true keyblade coming from a persons heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back