• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sunburned Albino's rant

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
[video=youtube;1Xr6WygXbDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xr6WygXbDE[/video]

I'm not sure I understand the point of this video... he's coming off as unbelievably bitter and harsh for no reason. What am I missing? The comments are making it sound like you're only allowed to dislike the game to a certain degree?

I'm enjoying the game but couldn't care less if other people are trashing it... I'm confused.

disney233

Awards

I'm not sure I understand the point of this video... he's coming off as unbelievably bitter and harsh for no reason. What am I missing? The comments are making it sound like you're only allowed to dislike the game to a certain degree?

I'm enjoying the game but couldn't care less if other people are trashing it... I'm confused.

Everyone's basically at war in the comment sections of almost every game. One side people loves KH3, other side people hates KH3, both sides are clashing and you get nothing more than a war. Most likely there are people spouting negativity about KH3 on his content. I know nothing about it...but yeah that's basically what's going on in the KH community. I wouldn't be surprised if people on the youtube side of the community would be in favor of Disney being scrapped out completely from the game, like I made a thread about so long ago.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
He seems very insecure about his enjoyment of KH3. Definitely teetering on the edge of coming to terms with his own disappointment. What a psychotic little video he's made here, honestly! If you like the game, just talk about that for shit's sake. I like the game myself, overall, but there's a ton wrong with it and it's fun to talk about that in all capacities.

2 quid is good

Awards
Yooo I'm 2 minutes in, and yoooooooo

Bruhhh I don't think anyone has trashed KH3 to the point of deserving death

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Honestly, some of y'all are too focused on hating the game, or are too observant of the negatives. I think overall the game is a C, but personally, it's a B.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Points were made, although I could have done without the parade of verbal diarrhea. He's fighting cynicism with cynicism?

Whether you're a fanboy or anti-fanboy, self-proclaimed or labeled, there's always going to be someone who disagrees with your point of view. Just enjoy what you enjoy, and if people don't like it (or like that you enjoy it), tough cookies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
who the fuck is this guy

Neo_

Awards
I dropped my dislike and left; I really wanted to comment, but why fight fire with fire (which is what he's already doing)? Seems like he has too much time on his hands. I don't think there's anything you can say to these people.

I wouldn't be surprised if people on the youtube side of the community would be in favor of Disney being scrapped out completely from the game, like I made a thread about so long ago.
Dude, literally no one wants this; like maybe two people do.

I've been following the guy for a while, this is just how he is. His opinions are raw and uncut, sometimes to the point of going way too far.
Me too, but even this video was an outlier compared to his already mostly brash content; this video screamed "get a life" to me. It's a weird type of video that you don't remember how bad it is until you start watching it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This is more just a general "don't hate on the game we're enjoying" video. He didn't say anything specifically. This is bad criticism.

Shiámano

He does cross the line some times in how he delivers his message, but I agree with him to an extent, I flat out don't understand like 80% of the criticism that seems to be prevalent for this game, yet I keep on seeing it over and over, word by word, and it seems more like parroting and to an extent vulturing, if that is a word, composed of nitpicks, unsubstantiated opinions or criticism with no logic behind it at all.

KH3 sorely lacks a Critical mode, and it should be added ASAP. KH original world exploration in this game was pretty atrocious. I disliked how the story was artificially drawn out with the whole Power of Waking thing. Also, the storytelling in a couple of the Disney worlds was confusing without movie knowledge. Not the best minigames, and very little to do in the post-game. And last but not least, there should have been more unique ways to engage with individual enemies, similar to the reaction commands in KH2, some of those really made for a more varied combat experience.
I... would be grasping for straws if I wanted to point out anything else, though. There are small things I would have liked done differently, but which don't really alter the game's quality to be fair.

Everyone's entitled to their criticism, but it's when I see people criticizing KH3's story for being... a KH story, or bashing what is essentially the best gameplay in the series (I am not speaking about the difficulty, I mean the general combat feel), with a ridiculous amount of well-executed (nerf Attraction Flows though) options in battle, the ending for being a "sequel hook" when we literally have KHUx ongoing setting up further plot points as we speak, I mean... that's when my eyes roll so hard they do a backflip.

Last edited:

Neo_

Awards
I think he transcended anything about the damn game when he told people to kill themselves.

Thorf

Everyone's entitled to their criticism, but it's when I see people criticizing KH3's story for being... a KH story, or bashing what is essentially the best gameplay in the series (I am not speaking about the difficulty, I mean the general combat feel), with a ridiculous amount of well-executed (nerf Attraction Flows though) options in battle, the ending for being a "sequel hook" when we literally have KHUx ongoing setting up further plot points as we speak, I mean... that's when my eyes roll so hard they do a backflip.

This is what surprises me so much. I've been into KH since the original came out, played almost all the games in both Japanese and English, and I keep coming back because I love Kingdom Hearts. But I've rarely delved into the online community, because it seems to be filled with people who... hate Kingdom Hearts.

What I really don't get is why people keep speaking about it if they don't like it. Now I'm in no way saying people shouldn't express negative opinions — that's not the point. Rather, I'm confused as to why so many people spend so much time talking about a game or games that they don't like.

So it was a complete shock to come to for example a site like this and find that many of the main posters aren't in love with the game. Why be part of a fandom if you don't even like the game?

I do get that some people are disappointed with III because it isn't the game that they wanted, but what I don't get is why they expected something else in the first place.

Personally I'm far more interested in talking about what is than what might have been. I came here to find discussion about the music, the story, theories about the secret endings, etc. Instead there's a massive pile of "what if it had been" and "why wasn't it" threads.

SerDuncan

His video is based upon a lot of classic Kingdom Hearts strawman arguments. Most people who criticize this game aren't coming from the places he criticizes.

I have many issues with his video, despite generally enjoying his style and content, because he really does seem to be very insecure about Kingdom Hearts 3 and lashes out in an incredibly aggressive way against people who have legitimate issues with what was unfortunately a subpar game.

One part I really find fault with is the the difficulty concern. I hate this argument. If a game has poor difficulty balancing... it is not the job of the player to fix what is a developer mistake. Doing challenges, or not using triangle commands to make the game harder does NOT fix the issues the developers made. As people who purchased a product, we have a consumer right to have expectations of quality, and considering that Nomura at one point in an interview claimed there would be a critical mode (and this part of the interview was deleted later) we have a legitimate criticism. Simply brushing these concerns aside by saying that previous Kingdom Hearts games were also easy and making generalizations that "everyone used strike raid on Sephiroth anyways" isn't an excuse either. It's frustrating.

soratothamax

Its like the Keyblade war...the ones on the side of darkness, and the ones on the side of light. It was all a set up by Nomura...

soratothamax

Well, SirDuncan, I understand his feelings. When people are constantly insulting you for liking the game, wouldn't you want to defend yourself. You must not understand but he has a lot of people who watch his content. When he gave his review people were ragging on him, calling him another fanboy who can't give constructive criticism.

People defend what they love. I loved KH3....that's why I will defend it. Especially because I want a KH4. :p

Last edited:

soratothamax

Thorf, exactly! I agree with you. Like what were they expecting. Nomura basically said everything that would be and not be in the game. I didn't expect Final Fantasy because Nomura stated that there would be more focus on KH based characters and the story. I didn't honestly want an entire world of Coliseum because I liked the exploring aspects of worlds. What bugs me even more is that people compare KH3 to KH2...interestingly enough when KH2 came out before final mix the fans were divided then too. :/

Last edited:

soratothamax

Its because when you love something you fight for it. What people don't understand is the bad criticism affects the future of the game in sometimes negative ways. I loved the game...and I have defended it myself. I agree with him. I'm not saying that he went about it the right way. What you don't understand is that its hard for people to actually LIKE the game without someone calling me a blind fanboy/girl.

Neo_

Awards
Its like the Keyblade war...the ones on the side of darkness, and the ones on the side of light. It was all a set up by Nomura...
Except this guy is supposedly on the light side but he's acting darker than anyone else.

Back