• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Summer Writing Prompts!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
12 Prompts!
No Rules! No Restrictions!
Let your Imagination run Wild!

---

Healing: Everyone heals physically and mentally. Some are still recovering from injuries that are years old. Perhaps from a broken arm or leg that acts up when it rains. How did you get it? What's the worst injury you've recovered from? What was the journey like to get back to normal? What obstacles did you overcome to keep going, when you're in a dark place? What helped heal you to make you stronger? Or how did you cope if you lost the ability to walk on two legs? Or did you help someone else's who's recovering from their own injuries?

Gamble
: The stakes are high as you gamble to rise to the top of the ladder to be rich, to be powerful, to control the world, or perhaps something even more. What would you do to those who got in your way? What is the price you would pay to reach your goals? Who would you sacrifice? Or would you be one of the people who helps along the way? Or someone who wants to see the mighty fall like a stack of cards despite the price on your own life?

Lost/Left Behind
: Have you ever gotten lost in your life? Write about how it felt, what you did to be reunited with those you care about. Or how you got accidentally left behind at a party, at a high way, at a store. Or about purposely getting left behind, so you could chill out in your room all summer instead of being in a camp without electronics and plumbing.

Myths/Legends
: Have you heard of the legends of Sasquatch or Big Foot? If you have, this is your chance to write about one of them! Or perhaps a local legend/myth you've heard about from a place you've visited! You could even make up your own legend or myth. Or you could write about what you'd do if you were to catch one of the legendary beasts! Perhaps they turn out to be fake, what would you do after searching long and hard for said beast?

Memory
: Take a memory that means the world to you and write about it. Perhaps it's something you still think fondly of. Or perhaps it's something you wish you could have a do-over in? Or write about what you would do, what you would say, if you were about to lose your memories, your sense of self.

Eros/Agape
: Have you ever felt an unconditional love for a friend? Have you ever felt seduced for something more deeper than an innocent kind of love? Have you ever loved two people at once? Love makes us blind. What would we do in the name of love? Is too much love a poison? What would you do to escape being choked by love?

Robots
: We live in a generation where robots are getting very close to our every day lives. We have cars that can drive us around. We have devices that can change the music for us. What if we tried to become something more than human? What if we started to become robots ourselves? Would we succeed? Would we ruin the world? What if robots tried to take over the world, where it's humans versus robots, what would you do? Would you fight back?

Utopia
: We all crave a world that is perfect and fair. A world that isn't corrupted. A world much better than ours. Tell us what it'd be like to live in a utopia of your own making. If you'd rule over it. If you'd want to live in it yourself. Or if you'd be the kind of person who rebels among those who want control over their own lives without following the rules and being told what to do.

Stealing your Heart!
: Do you know someone who's heart you want to change for the better? What would their twisted desires be like? As a phantom thief, how would you confront that person's wrong doings? What if you were too late to change their heart? What would happen next?

Failure/Achievements
: What's something you've achieved that you're proud of? Did you get something out of it? What did you end up failing to do? Did you keep going to get better at something you failed? Did you reach a personal goal that changed your life? Did you learn anything from your failures? Did you make a mistake?

Say Something!
: Have you missed your chance to say something to someone who meant the world to you? What if you said something you regretted, what would you do in that exact moment to make it right? Sometimes words have impact on those we know. Sometimes they change the world. What would you do with the words you have to say? What if you couldn't say anything at all, how would you convey what you felt?

Summer
: We all that one summer where everything changes. Where we go through a rite of passage of becoming adults. Or we experienced something life changing that we can never forget. Something we hold onto as we start our lives. Or something we wish to forget.

Extra Prompts

Space: Have you ever wanted to visit another planet or the moon? What do you hope to find out there? What's on the other side of a black hole? How long as an astronaut have you been traveling for? Is time warped, where you leave the present and come back years ahead of time; where you remain unchanged, but everyone else has aged drastically? What if you ran into a god or goddess from another world? Or came back to Earth only it's not the same?

Honey, I shrunk the Kids!: You wake up one day to find that you've shrunk down to Woody's and Buzz Light Years size. You don't know how it happened, but you must navigate the floor as the size of a toy! How to get to school? How do you tell your family?

Impossible Situations: Have you ever been stuck in a situation you've never ever wanted to be in? Or where you wished the ground would open up and swallow you whole? If you've ever been in such a situation, you could make it comedic! Or perhaps it's over a dare and you get caught; where you give yourself up or your friends that told you to do it. What would you do?

Real Life: Write something that matters to you. Something that actually happened. Something that happened in the world. (Just remember to keep it PG-13. And please put up a warning for any potential triggers.)

---​

And as a friendly reminder, you can do anything you want with these prompts! They don't have to be literally what I suggested! :)

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Yeeeessss!!!! <3 <3 <3
Now I can finally do it! (last year I didn't have internet basically the whole summer)
I wonder what prizes shall await? Or... is there any?
Space: Have you ever wanted to visit another planet or the moon? What do you hope to find out there? What's on the other side of a black hole? How long as an astronaut have you been traveling for? Is time warped, where you leave the present and come back years ahead of time; where you remain unchanged, but everyone else has aged drastically? What if you ran into a god or goddess from another world? Or came back to Earth only it's not the same?
I know what I'm doing for that already. ;D

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
12 Prompts!
No Rules! No Restrictions!
Let your Imagination run Wild!

---

Myths/Legends
: Have you heard of the legends of Sasquatch or Big Foot? If you have, this is your chance to write about one of them! Or perhaps a local legend/myth you've heard about from a place you've visited! You could even make up your own legend or myth. Or you could write about what you'd do if you were to catch one of the legendary beasts! Perhaps they turn out to be fake, what would you do after searching long and hard for said beast?

Eros/Agape
: Have you ever felt an unconditional love for a friend? Have you ever felt seduced for something more deeper than an innocent kind of love? Have you ever loved two people at once? Love makes us blind. What would we do in the name of love? Is too much love a poison? What would you do to escape being choked by love?

Robots
: We live in a generation where robots are getting very close to our every day lives. We have cars that can drive us around. We have devices that can change the music for us. What if we tried to become something more than human? What if we started to become robots ourselves? Would we succeed? Would we ruin the world? What if robots tried to take over the world, where it's humans versus robots, what would you do? Would you fight back?

---​

Oh boy, these ones smells for another set of [A/A] canon side-stories. Ho ho ho ho... yes, yes I can make these work.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Inquires about if this is a contest or not, please go here!

Yeeeessss!!!! <3 <3 <3
Now I can finally do it! (last year I didn't have internet basically the whole summer)
I wonder what prizes shall await? Or... is there any?

I know what I'm doing for that already. ;D

I do look forward to seeing whatever prompt you choose to write, Howler. :) I can't promise any awards beyond reading it and leaving my thoughts about it. But we'll see!

Oh boy, these ones smells for another set of [A/A] canon side-stories. Ho ho ho ho... yes, yes I can make these work.

In that case, I eagerly await to see what you write. I still have to read all of your stories you've written thus far. xD

Methods of Delivery? I've got a few i'd be willing to finish in the next 2 days or so.

Simply post it on the forum! And I'll get around to reading it! I'm sorry for the delay of response, allergies have been kicking my butt these past few weeks.

Lingering Will

Awards
Undyne said:
Real Life: Write something that matters to you. Something that actually happened. Something that happened in the world. (Just remember to keep it PG-13. And please put up a warning for any potential triggers!

Oh boy, I already got an idea, loosely based off a situation that occurred a year or so ago, that's good, but rather heavy. Prepare yourselves, this one's gonna be an emotional ride.

Jacky

Oh boy, I already got an idea, loosely based off a situation that occurred a year or so ago, that's good, but rather heavy. Prepare yourselves, this one's gonna be an emotional ride.

Failure/Achievements:

A wonderful, most valuable gift is given to man - the ability to love. And each person in his own way understands what love is, what it is expressed in, in what actions, emotions, actions. For some people, it is a source of inspiration: for many poets, writers, composers, and artists, love became an incentive for creativity. Most of the songs, poems, poems, and films are about love. For others, it is a destructive force, exhausting, not bringing joy - unrequited love. For the third - this is a complete blissful dissolution in another person. About love and beauty, we can write endlessly.

Jacky

" Honey, I shrunk the Kids!: You wake up one day to find that you've shrunk down to Woody's and Buzz Light Years size. You don't know how it happened, but you must navigate the floor as the size of a toy! How to get to school? How do you tell your family? " This one is also useful

Last edited:

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
Stealing your Heart!: Do you know someone who's heart you want to change for the better? What would their twisted desires be like? As a phantom thief, how would you confront that person's wrong doings? What if you were too late to change their heart? What would happen next?

I think one of my older poems would work perfectly for this prompt. Feel free to look back and read "Chained By Heaven" In this piece, I talk about an abusive relationship between two people that has a balancing act of a child and a parent. Lmk what you think~!

Alexxio M.

Awards
Awesome would this kh fan fic I made count for this prompt? It’s not about me but it is about someone trying to reach an achievement in this case summoning a keyblade for the first time. Also send any criticisms of the story to this thread here this story is part of an Kh second generation anthology series I’m writing and I’m a little desperate for replies 😀.

https://www.khinsider.com/forums/in...-a-kh-2nd-generation-anthology-series.227388/

Spar for the course

It’s a glorious spring day in Radiant Garden. The sun shines in an azure sky and makes the edges of the two clashing keyblades of two brothers in arms glisten and shine. The sparks from their clashing keyblades fly in spectacular bursts leaving small smolders on the training grounds. I watch with wonder and awe, my heart burns with excitement and inspiration. Determination surges through my body, a will I’ve had for as long as I can remember to become a wielder and a guardian. I mimic every stance and every strike or at least I try to with a wooden mock keyblade that Terra made, one of many I strike with untrained hands. Ventus goes for a flurry attack but the flurry’s too quick for me to mimic. I watch as the flurry finishes and Terra goes in for a counter, after parrying all those jabs and slashes almost perfectly. I marvel at how Ventus is so fast with his blade, holding it backhanded like he does. However he pulls it off, it looks cool.
My father sits beside me on a bench near a tree and like me is absorbed in the battle. He’s here to be the referee but I know he’d rather be sparring with them instead. However, you can tell he is still enjoying the match as an unmistakable grin is stuck to his face. I start to wish that I too could battle and remember the bag of true keyblades, made out of magical metal, slumped by a statue at the corner of the grounds. They brought extras just in case they wanted to switch things up but the bag remains untouched. Because my father is too focused on the match, I’m able to sneak by the statue and open the bag. The match rages on, strikes clash in a tug of war back and forth back and forth, until Ven uses some wind magic to get some distance and go in for an aerial attack. As his blade smacks down to the floor narrowly missing its mark, I reach for the kingdom key, my father’s first keyblade. My hands fill the hilt almost perfectly and it feels so natural to hold. Before picking it up, I whisper “may my heart be my guiding key” and slowly lift the blade. It’s a bit heavy but I manage to raise it to shoulder level and attempt to copy another one of Ventus’s strikes. I mimic the strike almost perfectly and continue the combo, but the final strikes’ impact causes me to lose balance and with a thud land on the ground. Hearing the thud, my father turns around and comes to help me up. But I recover and try to swing again, the heaviness of the blade weighs me down once again and I fail to keep my balance.
“Xaveor be careful with the keyblade. Why don’t you practice with your wooden one instead I don’t want you to get hurt,” my father says as he helps me up.
“I won’t get hurt then. I lifted the kingdom key. I can learn to keep my swing in control. How can I learn to wield a keyblade in battle if I don’t hold it first?” I say, lifting the blade to prove my point. But it wavers and my arms struggle to keep it upward and level. He responds, “Xaveor, it’s clear you’re not ready yet you're struggling to keep the blade upright.” I lower the kingdom key and with a nod say, “I know but when will I be ready? I’m 9 almost 10. I’ve studied and practiced with the wooden blade and I know my heart is strong enough, I feel like it should’ve happened already.”
Having heard our little argument, Terra and Ven stopped their sparring session and came over to the statue. “Well those dents in your wooden blade are certainly proof of your learning,” says Ven. “I second that you definitely have the makings to be an apprentice, even a master with some experience Xaveor,”says Terra.
“But I want to be a guardian like you guys and help more on missions involving combat. I wanna be a guardian that can overcome any darkness!” I exclaim.
My father smiles and says, “and we’re sure you can become one but that doesn’t mean you have to rush. Take your time Xaveor. Not doing so might lead you to some dark dark places. Where the darkness may overpower you and leave you with remnants of it when you escape. We still have our remnants etched into our hearts I don’t want you to repeat our mistakes.”
“Like siding with master nort and Vanitas’s situation.” I remark. As a flash of shock runs through them before I step in again, “I may have read a few reports from Jiminy’s journal for uh let’s just say training purposes so that’s how I know.”
They exchange some glances before my father asks, “Were you looking for it specifically or did you just stumble upon it?”
“I was looking to see if there were any secret keyblade techniques recorded in Jiminy’s journal when the capital X caught my eye.” He sighs with notable relief. “Don’t go looking in Jiminy’s journal without his or my permission until you summon your first keyblade understand, Xaveor.”
“Yes dad. I guess I’ll look for a different book for keyblade techniques then and speaking of techniques you guys were spectacular!” I explain, motioning to Terra and Ven.
“Thanks Xaveor,” They say in unison.
“That flurry attack was awesome, Ven that move must’ve been hard to pull off especially because you hold your keyblade backhanded. How did you do it?”
Ven responds to my query with a slightly unsure tone to his voice “Well holding my keyblade backhanded has always felt natural to me and the flurry technique came from practice. A technique I know you probably already learned about while training so I can’t really help you with that.” I nod understanding with a determined smile. “I’ll learn it myself then I promise I’ll be a guardian who is able to wield a keyblade both backhanded and front handed. I bet with that skill I’ll be able to defeat any darkness that may come to destroy the worlds.” Ven smiles and so does my dad, ruffling my hair, saying “enthusiastic as ever Xaveor. I’m sure you can do it but first my little guardian you’ll have to summon your keyblade.”
“Good point. I wonder when the day will come...” I longingly look at the kingdom key wondering just wondering. Then as if reading my mind my father motions Ven and Terra to move out of the way and takes his spot behind me smiling.
“Well what are you waiting for, why not give summoning it another shot?” He asks encouragingly.
“Will do!”
As my father starts to raise his arm straight in front of him, hand outstretched,inviting me to mimic him. I do and he continues “Now imagine the kingdom key.”
“Got the image.”
“Good. Now you may need to close your eyes and that’s fine. All I want you to do is change the image of the kingdom key to what you desire your blade to look like. Got it?” I nod. Closing my eyes I try imagining my keyblade and the kingdom key starts to morph in my mind. A small confident smirk starts to crawl to my face as the keyblade finalizes it’s form “I have it!” I exclaim.
“Can you describe it to me?” He asks encouragingly and I say “Yes, yes I can. The hilt is a nice bright royal blue with a red and gold hand grip and has a wing-like design on the sides similar to the blade of wayward wind just smaller. In between the blade and the hilt lies an orb, the same color as the hilt with a white stripe through the middle and a gold crown on top which has a fancy looking X engraved on it. As for the blade itself, it's silver and hasn’t changed much from the kingdom key, the only difference being a hole in the middle of the crown shaped like the kanji for light hikari. Finally for the chain it’s platinum and has a diamond colored crown on the end almost translucent.”
“Sounds amazing now concentrate, steady yourself and with all your heart, will and soul call to the blade to appear in your hand,”he responds with a tone of hope,pride,wonder and joy.
I take a deep breath, concentrate and then whisper “May my heart be my guiding key.” Reaching out my hand as far as I could I continue to call my blade. It takes a while but I start to hear a slight whirring sound and then small little chimes ringing. I feel a bit of light touching my outstretched palm and I slowly begin to open my eyes. As I do, the warmth from the light starts to fade and is replaced with a cold metallic feeling. “You’re doing it Xaveor you’re doing it keep going I see the blade summoning itself!” My father says delighted and ecstatic. As I fully open my eyes and see everyone’s amazed faces, I see the light rays shooting out to infinity spinning and spinning and see that in the cloudy mist of the light that the hilt has formed in my hand. In amazed disbelief the only words I manage are, “I’m doing it I’m really doing it.” I continue to call the rest of the blade but it doesn’t form. I continue to call for it but still only the hilt is within my grasp. Then my strength finally gives out and the light disappears “I... I almost had it” I say defeated. My father comes over to comfort me. “Well you gave it your best shot and having the hilt is a good start but pulling a keyblade straight from your heart is a hard thing to do. It hasn’t been done since the age of fairy tales ,but I’m sure you’ll get it soon Xaveor. A great guardian doesn’t gain his worth through his blade but through his courage and his will to act in the face of evil.” I nod and determinedly say, “If the hilt is a good start, I’ll make it a great start next time.”
Then I pick up the wooden blade and say “This is good enough practice for now. Speaking of practice it’s time to start holding this back handed.”
Ven steps up, “Let’s get started then.” He takes my dad's place now going slightly more behind me “Now one thing you must remember about holding a keyblade backhanded or any blade backhanded for that matter is that the tip should be facing opposite your thumb so instead of the blade pointing in front of you it would be pointing behind you. Got it?” I nod and he smiles. “Great now hand me your blade and keep your arms and hands to your side just like normal.”
I hand him the blade and keep my arms to my side. Then after turning the blade in the right direction. “Ok now I’m going to slide the keyblade in between your hand and side all you need to do is grip the handle. Are you ready?” Ven then starts to slide the blade past my hand “1 2 3. grip!. Do you have it firmly in your grasp?” He asks.
“Yes I do.”
“Amazing now I’m gonna let go of the blade. Just control your grip on the handle and don’t squeeze too tight or else you’ll end up straining your wrist. Got it?” I nod. He lets go of the blade and after a bit he asks, “How does it feel?”
“Awkward but overall pretty good.” I say “Great now I want you to count in your head and I’ll count with you. I want to see how long you can last without resisting the urge to turn the blade front handed okay.” I nod and he says, “ready,set, count!”
I count with my left hand silently trying to resist the urge to spin it back around 5 seconds. 10. I make it to 15, but start to lose my grip. 20 seconds. My grip loosens gradually the urge gets louder and just as my counting reaches 25, I loosen up and flip the keyblade to its front hand position. Ven smiling and surprised says, “25 seconds not bad. Do you want to free your wrist a bit or should I keep going?”
I switch hands for a bit, quickly shake the tension off and say with a smile, “I’m ready bring it on Ven.” He smiles back as I flip the blade again “ It would be my pleasure Xaveor. Now when striking backhanded you can’t up slash do you know why?”
I become pensive for a bit and then say “Because you’d be hitting your opponent with the hilt and bridge instead of the actual blade.” “Bingo that’s correct so your only options are normal slashes and down strikes.” Ven then starts to demonstrate with his own keyblade as he talks.
“Normal slashes are pretty easy you just need to twist into it and back slashing just comes naturally when returning to your default stance.” He demonstrates and invites me to give it a shot. I follow the slash perfectly.
“Well done Xaveor!'' Ven exclaims resetting himself so he can show me the down strike and continuing the lesson “Compared to normal slashes though, the down strike even though it may be the stronger of the two is a bit inconvenient due to its easily predictable windup and the difficulty of said wind up having to pull off a big side swing and trying not to twist your arm too much as that may cause strain for your forearm and would put you in an uncomfortable and awkward position. The key is making sure that side swing is as close to you as possible and happens as fast as possible but to get the form down we should practice slowly first.” He pulls off a fast one and then a much slower one encouraging me to follow. I try to pull it off but the swing ends up being too wide. I try again and the swing stays the same. Ven comes closer unsummoning his keyblade and offering to guide my swing a little. I allow it and he guides me through the steps tuck back tuck in raise to the side then slash tuck back tuck in raise to the side then slash. After a bit I start to tap to the steps it’s become a sort of rhythm tuck back tuck in raise to the side then slash tuck back tuck in raise to the side then slash. I get faster tuck back tuck in raise to the side then slash the cycle repeats itself over and over in my head tuck back tuck in raise to the side then slash. Ven then asks “are you ready to try it on your own?” He sees my determined expression and then slowly backs away knowing that the pattern has been cemented in my heart without even a word. I take a deep breath and start the cycle a new tuck back tuck in raise to the side then slash the strike was fluid and smooth but still a bit wide my grip is starting to get strained but i still push forward I start the pattern again faster this time tuck back tuck in raise to the side then...
“Sora, Xaveor, Ven, Terra lunch is ready Aqua and Chirithy made sandwiches for everyone.” Calls my mom cutting me off, breaking my concentration and causing the strike to go way off course.
“Aw man I almost had it.” I say disappointed, flipping the keyblade back to normal as my mom comes closer. “It’s lunch already dear? Wow time sure did fly.” Says my dad going over to greet her. “Time flew, you say well you’ve been sparring practically all morning I’d say time has landed a while ago.” responds my mom. Ven shrugs and puts his hands behind his head “Sorry about that Kairi but it couldn’t be helped.” He says as Terra adds “Yeah it definitely couldn’t be helped because as guardians we need to keep our skills sharp and to do that we must spar.” Then responding to both mom says “Well if that’s the case you guys must be hungry after your matches today. Right.” I pipe up “I’m not hungry I want to continue training I wanna practice wielding backhanded so I could help save the worlds from darkness quicker I’ll eat after I master it.” “Wielding backhanded huh sounds daunting my little guardian are you sure you don’t want to have some lunch.” I nod and with confidence say “I’m absolutely sure.” “Really even if a certain someone’s famous jelly tarts were on the menu.” She says causing both Ven and I to perk up “Jelly tarts!?” “Yep jelly tarts and galactic pound cake are both on the menu.” My mom says with a nod. However I’m able to snap out of my amazement to refuse the deal “Nope I’m gonna stay here and train. I'm definitely gonna stay here and spar. I’m not even hungry I could spar for another hour if I wanted to actually I could spar for as long as it takes to master backhand wielding I would starve for that and summoning my ...” I almost finish with my spiel before a big loud grumble pierces through the air. I’m defeated and beet red I finish my sentence “Keyblade.” as laughter soon replaces that grumble and mom says “ You can’t save the world on an empty stomach.” I nod “Yeah I know.” I pout. Seeing this my father comes over and says “Hey, you did outstanding today and we have time to perfect it. Just look skyward and never forget what you’ve learned and you’ll summon your keyblade in no time, okay.” I look towards the sky then to the keyblade reassured now I nod “yeah that’s enough sparring for one day, and dad don’t worry I won’t forget and I will stay the course.” My dad smiles “I knew you would.” He ruffles my hair as we walk inside together.

Failure/Achievements: What's something you've achieved that you're proud of? Did you get something out of it? What did you end up failing to do? Did you keep going to get better at something you failed? Did you reach a personal goal that changed your life? Did you learn anything from your failures? Did you make a mistake?

Last edited:
Back