• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Subtle difference I noticed.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandymint

Awards
If there's a thread for this or it had been mentioned, I apologize.

Started up KH1 on the 4.0 collection and I get to free reign over Destiny Islands and go to Wakka to start my levelleing tradition. Generally never leave until around level 15. But.... it's different. His blitzball throws never hit me, their range is always just short. And any I donhit back for the Tech Points are a garunteed hit on him. They changed it , maaaan

Muke

whatever
Awards
Really strange they decided to change anything. I wonder if they changed more.

Pandymint

Awards
Yeah it's super weird and unexpected. But I highly doubt going staff and shield for the first time changed the game that much for me. I did it so much, I know how that fight should feel. It definitely got altered a bit.

appleboy82791

Awards
If there's a thread for this or it had been mentioned, I apologize.

Started up KH1 on the 4.0 collection and I get to free reign over Destiny Islands and go to Wakka to start my levelleing tradition. Generally never leave until around level 15. But.... it's different. His blitzball throws never hit me, their range is always just short. And any I donhit back for the Tech Points are a garunteed hit on him. They changed it , maaaan

Please allow me to make a recommendation. Leveling on Destiny Islands with Tidus is so much faster and easier than Wakka. You get 2 tech points with Tidus rather than 1 with Wakka. And Tidus attacks much more consistantly than Wakka. It's also much easier to figure out the timing for Tidus's attack. With Tidus, you'll get 2 tech points every 5-6 seconds or so.

By the way, "4.0 collection"? I mean, we know what you mean but that's definitely not what it's called... at all... not even close...

Last edited:

Xera Highwind

Please allow me to make a recommendation. Leveling on Destiny Islands with Tidus is so much faster and easier than Wakka. You get 2 tech points with Tidus rather than 1 with Wakka. And Tidus attacks much more consistantly than Wakka. It's also much easier to figure out the timing for Tidus's attack. With Tidus, you'll get 2 tech points every 5-6 seconds or so.

I always fight Selphe. You get 2 tech with every hit, and her second attack gives 3. She's also much easier to deflect than both Tidus AND Wakka.

Pandymint

Awards
By the way, "4.0 collection"? I mean, we know what you mean but that's definitely not what it's called... at all... not even close...

I mean it's a damn sight better than saying Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 ReMix or whatever the proper name actually is.

You can probably thank the untested 60fps for that.

Yeah that definitely seems to be what it is. Still a shame, though.

THat being said, I feel like it has taken to 60fps much better than 3D did.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

1.5+2.5= 4.0. I also use the abbreviation KH4.0, makes typing it out easier than KH 1.5+2.5.

THat being said, I feel like it has taken to 60fps much better than 3D did.

I agree. I'm no expert on frame rate, but DDD just felt far more rushed and jarring than these do. From the little I've been able to play so far of KH1, this has certainly felt a lot more natural.

appleboy82791

Awards
I always fight Selphe. You get 2 tech with every hit, and her second attack gives 3. She's also much easier to deflect than both Tidus AND Wakka.

So... I tried to figure out this Selphie method. I could not figure it out. It seems the window of opportunity to parry her attack just right is very very small. Much smaller than the window of opportunity for Tidus. Also, when you successfully parry her attack, you only get 1 tech point and sometimes when you're lucky it seems to give you another tech point for some reason. Although, most times it's just the one tech point. So I really don't know where you get 2 tech points from, let alone 3 tech points. Could you reference a video that shows your technique?

By the way, I've actually gone ahead and timed the Tidus method. It seems I overestimated before when I said once every 5-6 seconds. I successfully blocked/parried his attack 100 times in a row. It took only 4 minutes and 43 seconds. That turns out to be a block/parry every 2.83 seconds, on average. I am by no means an expert gamer and I did 100 times in a row without missing or screwing up even once. That's how easy this method is. And considering that you get 2 tech points every time, that means you get 42 tech points every minute.

And if you can even do better than this too. If you choose the dream shield as your weapon in the start of the game, you can get a tech boost ability at level 12 which doubles to tech points you get. This means that you actually rake in 84 tech points every minute starting at level 12.

So... I find it very hard to believe that Wakka or Selpie are better for leveling on Destiny Island. I just can't see a scenario where you can beat 2 tech points every 2.83 seconds (4 tech points every 2.83 seconds with Tech Boost ability). But I still don't understand how blocking could be easier or faster with either of them. I've tried to figure out a strategy with both of them. They just don't work. Blocking has proven to be much harder to do the timing right, they don't give as much tech points, and they don't recover from the block fast enough to attack again. And I still have no idea how you figure 2-3 tech points for her each time. I've never seen that happen.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
If I want to grind on Destiny Island I just use the Shadows that spawn after you get the keyblade. Just clean the island, go inside the shack and save, not sure if you have to soft reset or they just spawn again but it's really quick anyway. You get 1 exp each kill and there are tons, it's pretty fast too and I find it more fun than messing around with the FF kids. But out of the three Tidus did always feel easiest because from Wakka you get the points much slower, and Selphie is honestly the most annoying. She'll chase you with that rope till the end of the world.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I know it's a different difference, but did anyone else like how they replaced the line "this world is just too small" in BBS with Ben Diskin saying it instead of David Gallagher? Now Xehanort doesn't sound like Riku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back