• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Styx

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni Terra

Awards
I had an idea and I wanted to see if anyone thought it was plausible. Now anyone with a hint of knowledge of Greek myths should know that to reach the Underworld you must (other than dying) travel on the river Styx. Styx leads straight into the Underworld. Now in KH2 when traveling to Hades there is a specific "hall" Sora needs to go through. In that hall there is a lot of green mist stuff flowing down like a river. Do you think this could symbolize Styx? If no one remembers what I'm talking about the scene where Demyx shouts Run Run away is the same place this river is. It would make sense this mist stuff symbolizes Styx because it leads to Hades' chamber. Now does anyone else think this is true...or am I just thinking too much? Still I thought you guys might want a break from the constant 14 member and Terra/Xehanort theories.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
I had an idea and I wanted to see if anyone thought it was plausible. Now anyone with a hint of knowledge of Greek myths should know that to reach the Underworld you must (other than dying) travel on the river Styx. Styx leads straight into the Underworld. Now in KH2 when traveling to Hades there is a specific "hall" Sora needs to go through. In that hall there is a lot of green mist stuff flowing down like a river. Do you think this could symbolize Styx? If no one remembers what I'm talking about the scene where Demyx shouts Run Run away is the same place this river is. It would make sense this mist stuff symbolizes Styx because it leads to Hades' chamber. Now does anyone else think this is true...or am I just thinking too much? Still I thought you guys might want a break from the constant 14 member and Terra/Xehanort theories.
Umm, I guess it could be. I think you are thinking too far into it, but good observation.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Now in KH2 when traveling to Hades there is a specific "hall" Sora needs to go through. In that hall there is a lot of green mist stuff flowing down like a river. Do you think this could symbolize Styx?

Except for one problem, the river Styx IS there. The surface of the river, both in the mythology and in-game, is incredibly slow moving. It's that massive, watery expanse at the entrance to the Underworld. Hell, you even have to ride the boat (although I can't remember if the boatman is there or not) to get to the Underdrome.

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
Hm... I never knew that. I'd always wondered why at one point in a speech bubble he said "Styx and stones"; I figured it was some strange typo or something.
But yeah, it's probably the river you ride on in the boat.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Zero Inferno is talking about the actual boatman, Charon, who carried dead souls across the river to the Underworld. Not Pain or Panic.

Um... if anything, I should think that the Styx was near where the top of Olympus Coliseum and the beginning of the Underworld was. You know, what should have been the Styx but was, in fact, a flight of stairs.

Sheesh, drama there.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Just watch Hercules, that'll answer your question.

The level designs in KH2 are straight from the original movies, in contrast with KH1, where the levels were made with random ideas the designers had.

WantaSoraplushie

Yay for Greek mythology! :cool: It's a good idea, but you travel over the river to get to the Underdrome. I've always wondered about the misty stuff though.

Muse

you look atrocious
Except for one problem, the river Styx IS there. The surface of the river, both in the mythology and in-game, is incredibly slow moving. It's that massive, watery expanse at the entrance to the Underworld. Hell, you even have to ride the boat (although I can't remember if the boatman is there or not) to get to the Underdrome.

I agree with this. It's the water leading to the Underdrome.

No, Charon, the boatman doesn't appear at all, not even in the original movie. That role is played by Pain, though, when going to the Underdrome.

Hm... I never knew that. I'd always wondered why at one point in a speech bubble he said "Styx and stones"; I figured it was some strange typo or something.

No, it wasn't a typo, it was a pun. :/

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We didn't even get to hand him a coin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back