• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stupid things that happened to you

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Muke

whatever
Awards
I cut myself with a pen some mins ago.
What are some stupid things that happened to you?

Veevee

Awards
I got a kitchen knife for my birthday last year. The first thing I cut with it was my finger while asking "Oh, nice, is it sharp?". Yes. It was sharp. And it hurt not only in my finger, but in my brain too. :D
By the way: I used the very same knife thinking I could pry open a coconut with it. Spoiler alert: I couldn't, but now it has a big fat nick in it. Plus an additional one because I dropped it once. If I think about it now, it was stupid and unnecessary to buy a coconut in the first place ... :'D

Btw, how is it even possible to cut yourself with a pen?? :D

Muke

whatever
Awards
VeeVee, I… I honestly don't know xD I was bored in class so I just played with my pen and somehow broke it -> the sharp part cut my hand XDD

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Most stupid things that happened to me were under the influence of alcohol, like forgetting how to walk or how to stand. Silly me.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I remember last summer right before Memorial Day weekend, I was hauling mulch off a truck and into flower beds. I went to spread it out with a rake, which was fine and dandy until I set the rake down to take a break. I came back and stepped onto the rake by accident and the handle came flying me right at me and struck me hard in the forehead. And this happened to me twice. I was that unlucky.

The most recent thing I can think of is yesterday, where I accidentally caught my foot against the corner of a wall and stubbed my toes real good. I've had worse, where I've knocked into the edge of a counter top and bruised my hip last week. I think I'm accident prone sometimes.

EDIT: I keep forgetting my passwords. It's the stupidest thing in the world that I have to keep resetting them. -_-

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
K so I was with this my dear childhood friend n neighbour, Claudia, yeaaaars ago and, since she is not a gamer at all, I wanted to show her how she can try some GBA games easily on the Vizzed website, cuz back then I just discovered the Vizzed room for playing Pokemon games conveniently. I already got a FireRed game started there with quite a lot of progress, so I chose to show her around the world of Pokemon using that file. Except that with one wrong button press, I deleted all my progress and had to start over................ I felt my heart shattered in just as many pieces as there were minutes in that one gameplay I just deleted... One foolish thought crossed my mind: that she, unintentionally, brings me bad luck in gaming.
One year later or so, I invited her over to my place again and wanted to show her my Professor Layton and the Unwound Future game, again, not completed but with just enough progress for me to cry over when my emulator decided it's time for my saves to get rekt...... and again she was present, and she joked about her bringing me bad luck in this kind of stuff, AND I FELT MY HEART SHATTERED I, AGAIN, JUST AS MANY PIECES AS THERE WERE PUZZLES SOLVED IN THAT GAMEPLAY, LIKE, 100 AT THAT POINT..............................................
Things like these never happen to me, I rarely rarely even overwrite the wrong save files in games and even when I do, I always got a backup save file in a different slot. I CALL BULLSHIT
Since then I keep my games and consoles away from her. She understands. AND I SURE AS HELL UNDERSTAND AS WELL
_undertale_gif__angry_papyrus_by_sallaria-d9esrvc.gif

Veevee

Awards
While planning to cosplay Trunks from Dragonball I had lost the shirt I wanted to use for him, so I went to some cheap clothes store and bought a new one. Waiting at the counter I saw that the shop offered some kind of candy, one of which was a candy spray that was supposed to taste like bananas. Needless to say I grabbed it and gave it as a gift to a friend of mine at a party because he loves stupid stuff like that. I don't know what went wrong, I was definitely sober, but at the same time spraying said candy into my nose and immediately felt brain-damaged. This was ... questionable.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Me, I just came up with high blood pressure..the trouble is we don't have my meds right yet.

The most recent one they put me on is making me really tired. I'm hoping we can A. get rid of it or B. lower the dose more. This is just stupid..

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Most stupid things that happened to me were under the influence of alcohol, like forgetting how to walk or how to stand. Silly me.

Can't disagree.
I also once smacked my hand into a pencil looking for said pencil. Still have a grey mark in my hand from that.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
well if we really wanna talk about stupid stuff that happened, we have to start with the fact that I was born

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
While planning to cosplay Trunks from Dragonball I had lost the shirt I wanted to use for him, so I went to some cheap clothes store and bought a new one. Waiting at the counter I saw that the shop offered some kind of candy, one of which was a candy spray that was supposed to taste like bananas. Needless to say I grabbed it and gave it as a gift to a friend of mine at a party because he loves stupid stuff like that. I don't know what went wrong, I was definitely sober, but at the same time spraying said candy into my nose and immediately felt brain-damaged. This was ... questionable.
I hope your friend liked the gift. I hope you didn't need to go to the hospital. A stupid thing that has happened to me quite a few times is getting a sprained ankle. I should really stop walking on my tiptoes, but seriously the unseen holes in the grass and large cracks might need to be fixed.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Oh, stupid things are just the definition of my life.

One that sticks out to me right now is last year playing in the pit orchestra for a performance of my college's musical. Right before a solo, I was sitting there relaxing and had my oboe sitting horizontally on my lap. For some reason I moved my arm right next to the reed. My sleeve rubbed up against it. I lifted it up and looked at it... I had created a huge crack in the reed.

Me being horrible at life did not have another reed with me (my reed provider lives about an hour away, so I can't get them as regularly as I'd like to). The next time I would be playing was the solo. I wanted to die, because I didn't know whether it wouldn't work at all or if it would squeak, or if it would miraculously play. I had to try. It didn't work at all. And I had to embarrassingly express what happened to my band director. Thankfully it was actually more of a duet and I just thought it was a solo and he told me the most important parts I had already played. The rest of that performance I didn't get to play at all and it was sad because it was a fun musical. :(

I'm the only oboist at the school, that's probably the only reason I survived that. At a bigger school that would have been such a big no-no, and I understand. (But also at a bigger school I would have a full-time oboe professor on staff who wouldn't have allowed this scenario to happen to begin with, so there is that)

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
One that sticks out to me right now is last year playing in the pit orchestra for a performance of my college's musical. Right before a solo, I was sitting there relaxing and had my oboe sitting horizontally on my lap. For some reason I moved my arm right next to the reed. My sleeve rubbed up against it. I lifted it up and looked at it... I had created a huge crack in the reed.
I feel your pain, I've done that so many times, though I play the saxophone

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I've cut myself with a plastic knife before. I've also dropped a heavy kitchen knife on my foot once. Luckily the handle was the part that connected with my foot so there wasn't any damage but it was still a stupid moment for me.

More recently, I keep skipping out on my studying when I really should stick to it.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I've cut myself with a plastic knife before. I've also dropped a heavy kitchen knife on my foot once. Luckily the handle was the part that connected with my foot so there wasn't any damage but it was still a stupid moment for me.

More recently, I keep skipping out on my studying when I really should stick to it.
I've cut myself with the hole in a soda can. It wasn't pretty bad.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I completely forgot the stupidity that led me to the scenario that played out in my last post to begin with.

So I had an oboe stand, which would have prevented the musical disaster from having occurred if only I had used it then. The problem was... I left it in the band room sometime before and it was gone. Someone took it.

So, yes, this was just stupidity on top of stupidity.

I feel your pain, I've done that so many times, though I play the saxophone

Oh god, single reeds. I remember when I was learning clarinet, I'd set it on the bed when I had to take a break and sometimes I'd come back and the reed got chipped from the sheets. D:

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I might as well share something, too.

A couple years ago I managed to trip over nothing (inside my own house to boot) and sprained my ankle badly enough that I ended up on crutches for about 3 weeks.

It sucked.

Back