• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Studio Chizu - The Mamoru Hosoda Appreciation Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Led by the mastermind who I am convinced is going to be the next Miyazaki in the anime industry, Mamoru Hosoda has created and directed several films with his own studio since being taken off the Howl's Moving Castle project at Ghibli Studios, which he was poised to direct.

Here's his catalog so far with the studio:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also a fun fact, he was the director for Digimon: The Movie back in the day.

Anyway, I wholeheartedly recommend watching all of these films if you are at all a fan of anime. The links above go to their respective wikipedia pages if you wanna learn more. They are currently all released on blu-ray at this time, The Boy and the Beast just released last week as well as The Girl who Leapt Through Time re-releasing on blu-ray after a very limited run in 2006.

I hope I'm not the only fan of these films on here, with Ghibli on hiatus right now, I'm definitely turning to this guy for some amazing anime experiences.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've seen both The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. I loved both films with a great passion. Even if The Girl Who Leapt Through Time made me genuinely sad, when it got to the part where she couldn't go back in time to stop both of her friends from dying until the guy she liked did it for her. Seriously, it was both messed up and amazing at the same time. Summer Wars I watched on toonami. It was phenomenal and appeals to me as far as slice of life goes. The art was outstanding and the family drama was hilarious. So yeah, I'm a big fan of these two films, and I've also been recommended to watch Wolf Children by spirit-of-light. I knew about The Boy and The Beast but, haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back