• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Strict parents!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

taa

Okay, my parents have been strict ever since I was a kid. But now that I'm going to be 18, they set the following limits/restrictions:
- no more buying games. I HATE that. But oh well....
- strict limits on manga buying.
- they won't let me buy ANIME DVDS!? I haven't purchased one in YEARS!
- won't even let friends over at my house unless they don't curse!

They do this because they want me to be a "successful adult"....but they seriously need to loosen up! How can I get them to do so!?

ok, i WISH my parents were'nt that strict! my p rules:
no going to any of my friends house, EVER
no tv unless its spongebob or any of that baby shit
i'm not aloud on the computer unless its for school (yes, i'm here without anyone knowing)
i'm not aloud to go to school because ppl are "bad" so i'm homeschooled (and going to a christian school next year)
i cant see my friends for more than one day a week
no anime
no manga
no FF
no video games ecept KH and disney
and thats just the begining

Miss Ninja

ok, i WISH my parents were'nt that strict! my p rules:
no going to any of my friends house, EVER
no tv unless its spongebob or any of that baby shit
i'm not aloud on the computer unless its for school (yes, i'm here without anyone knowing)
i'm not aloud to go to school because ppl are "bad" so i'm homeschooled (and going to a christian school next year)
i cant see my friends for more than one day a week
no anime
no manga
no FF
no video games ecept KH and disney
and thats just the begining

You're also (according to your shown information) fourteen, and not about to turn eighteen.

Master Hearts

Relax. As soon as you turn 18, there's nothing you're parents can do about it. You'll be a legal adult, do anything you want, y'know? Your money is your business, not your parents.

But your parents care, so try not to stress them out anymore than they might already be. Show 'em that you're responsible. Maybe they'd chill out a little.

And if you tell your friends not to swear whenever they're at your house, there shouldn't be a problem. If they do swear even when you tell them not to, they must not be good friends, either that, or they forget easily. >.>

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
Well, I suggest what has been suggested before. Your parents may be overbearing, but not necessarily strict. Some Strict!! parents might tell you that you couldn't have any friends over, there could be no television, and you could only read 'intellectual' material that might bore you to death. So just talk to them and see how anything about those could be bad. When they bring up points, you just tell them that what you'll buy will be suitable to those rules.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
you all say she can do whatever she wants because she's 18, but the thing is, she still lives with her parents. I happen to believe in "My house, my rules." I'm a hypocrite for this, but meh. you can't really argue with your parents unless your grades are good enough for a scholarship, otherwise, no matter what, they will be right.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Yeah I'd try to move out, but as long as you live in their house, you have to abide by their rules. If the rules and regulations gets more difficult to bare, which is not usually suppose to happen as you get older, I'd get a nice paying job and work at it for a while. Perhaps you and a friend could split rent and live in an apartment. Maybe your parents could help you out a little, I don't know, I'd try it though, but I'd asked them for help. But I'm on good terms with my parents and I won't be out until around the ages of 18-21.

Last edited:

Jopari

I'd have to agree with the people who say, "They're house, they're rules." I only believe that applies to the friends cursing. Otherwise, if you spend your money then they can't control what you buy. For example, if you buy your own manga with your money, then they can't do much. The anime/game thing might be harder because they'd say something like its "our TV" or "our electricity" you're using.

The best way to get past it would be to talk to them. If that doesn't work then sneak it around them. If all else fails, move out when you're able to.

chico21

Okay, my parents have been strict ever since I was a kid. But now that I'm going to be 18, they set the following limits/restrictions:
- no more buying games. I HATE that. But oh well....
- strict limits on manga buying.
- they won't let me buy ANIME DVDS!? I haven't purchased one in YEARS!
- won't even let friends over at my house unless they don't curse!

They do this because they want me to be a "successful adult"....but they seriously need to loosen up! How can I get them to do so!?

thats stupid. ur 18 years old. its time for them to stop treating you like a child and more like young adult.
anyways...

1.they said you cant BUY them but they never said you cant rent them lol
but if your gonna games keep them at a friends house

2.buy, hide at friends house

3.blockbuster

4.go to there place, the mall ,or the arcade

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
That's not too bad.

my friend has parent who:

if he's late to dinner grounded for 2 months
if his lights are on after bedtime grounded for 2 months
if he curses, goes BACK TO THE PHILIPINES
if he gets a B in a class grounded for 3 months

he's not allowed to invite anyone over
he's not allowed to go anywhere with friends without his parents

grounded means:
NO tv
NO video games
EARLIER bedtime
NO going out places

he's 16. That's harsh.

I'd say you're lucky.
they don't want you to buy anything so you can save money because you're an adult now.
they don't want you to be influenced by your friends if they cuss.
it's harsh because you're 18, but it's not too too bad.

XigbarGun!

However, if you pay rent, then you can buy whatever you like, play video games etc.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
That's not too bad.

my friend has parent who:

if he's late to dinner grounded for 2 months
if his lights are on after bedtime grounded for 2 months
if he curses, goes BACK TO THE PHILIPINES
if he gets a B in a class grounded for 3 months

he's not allowed to invite anyone over
he's not allowed to go anywhere with friends without his parents

grounded means:
NO tv
NO video games
EARLIER bedtime
NO going out places

he's 16. That's harsh.

I'd say you're lucky.
they don't want you to buy anything so you can save money because you're an adult now.
they don't want you to be influenced by your friends if they cuss.
it's harsh because you're 18, but it's not too too bad.
man...is he allowed to date? from what I hear...he's most likely not...

anyways, I know people hate this solution, but if ya hate being there THAT much, run away until you can't run anymore, and run fast...if you HATE having them as parents...leave a note as to why...if they truly love you, they'll change...and sound a little harsh...if you dislike them that much, they deserve to feel depressed...

But only do that if you seriously can't take it anymore, a last resort

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
notice I said as a last resort...don't go all crazy just cause you have limited manga...you don't NEED any of the things you listed pretty much...

T

Tyler Durden

Wow...this thread is obscenely old, and there is really no issue here, which most of you have pointed out already.

Stop posting in really old threads, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back