• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Strelitzia and Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Does anyone hope that KH4 will develop these two and give more prominent development for their female characters? I haven't played or seen Union X, so I don't know how Strelitzia (and the other female characters for that matter) are developed there. I'm just hoping MoM will be the pavement to better development for Kairi. Her path is pretty simple: she has a motivation to save Sora, she's now training under Aqua, and now we have more information about her past.
(Also I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but one of the biggest reasons I hate the under-use of female characters in this series is because... they're such a waste of cute character designs T-T)

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Strelitzia was created just to die, at least in UnionX. I wish they had spread out her story maybe a little more, have her more prominently around before killing her off but whatever.

I'm actually really interested in where they're going with Strelitzia since she's in the same place as Sora.
Still very confused why they decided to bench Kairi AGAIN though... I just don't know what they're going to do with her. No doubt she's going to be offscreened again for the majority of the next game.

Weirdly enough, I'm expecting Strelitzia to get some significant screen time and stuff to do. It kinda feels like every female protagonist introduced after Kairi (whether you like em or hate em) has had significantly more stuff to do and attention given to them so.... Strelitzia will probably follow the same pattern.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Strelitzia was created just to die, at least in UnionX. I wish they had spread out her story maybe a little more, have her more prominently around before killing her off but whatever.
Jesus. Well... actually, that's pretty in-line considering the roles of KH female characters.
I'm actually really interested in where they're going with Strelitzia since she's in the same place as Sora.
Still very confused why they decided to bench Kairi AGAIN though... I just don't know what they're going to do with her. No doubt she's going to be offscreened again for the majority of the next game.
Sadly, that's true. It seems Nomura wants to develop any other female character BESIDES Kairi. Ironic how Namine and Xion are both reflections of her, but have more development than her. Aqua as well having the most development out of them all. So I can understand why someone would expect Strelitzia to have a bigger role than Kairi. She IS in the same area as Sora for now, so she might naturally have a bigger role.

Sonofjafar

Awards
How much you wanna bet Strelitzia is gonna develop feelings for Sora and try to make him lose his memories faster (provided that theory remains true)?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not sure what to expect from Kairi at this point. Be nice if she put whatever training she gets from Aqua to use and finally gains the chance to explore Disney worlds. Which would end with her somehow in Quadratum ready to help Riku save Sora.
How much you wanna bet Strelitzia is gonna develop feelings for Sora and try to make him lose his memories faster (provided that theory remains true)?
So basically a CoM plot again? Really hope that isn't the case

Chie

Awards
The similarities are there but in this case Kairi is slightly more prepared in case she has to have a cat fight for her man
Ok stop talking about women please

Anyway I think even if Strelitzia just explains the situation to Sora and hangs out at home (which is what I'm expecting) that will still be more than Kairi's ever done so I'll still be happy to see her.

Of course there's no reason she can't be a party member either, but this is a series where Kairi needs literally greater than infinity """training""" to appear in one (1) gameplay sequence before she has to go to """""training""""" again. So, I'd be very, very shocked.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Seriously, where did this losing memories in unreality thing even come from? nothing in the games even says anything about it, there's nothing in the trailer that indicates that, not even a Nomura interview, seriously where did it even come from? if it came from UX, as a line from MOM, then I can understand why I missed it.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Seriously, where did this losing memories in unreality thing even come from? nothing in the games even says anything about it, there's nothing in the trailer that indicates that, not even a Nomura interview, seriously where did it even come from? if it came from UX, as a line from MOM, then I can understand why I missed it.
No clue. I just saw a lot of web comics online about it and assumed it was at least somewhat justified in canon

vaderskywalker

Awards
No clue. I just saw a lot of web comics online about it and assumed it was at least somewhat justified in canon
If this idea just came from a bunch of non-canon web comics, then no one should be taking it seriously.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If it's the comics I'm thinking about, it's the ones where Sora is typically working a retail job. Riku usually finds him and Sora has no idea who he is and treats him as a regular customer. They range from serious angst to completely comical. There is no canon justification. Just headcanon.

I can see their memories will become a little hazy (like, maybe Strelitzia remembers she has a brother and how important he is, but doesn't remember his face or name). In that way, it still wouldn't make sense for there to be a "catfight" or whatever. That's straight up silly.

I do like the theories that float around sometimes of Strelitzia trying to get Sora to stay there though. Not because of love, but maybe just loneliness. She's always been lonely, just like Namine. But it would be a fun turn around if Sora is like, "I can't stay here, but you can come back with me instead!" Sets up the potential for her to reunite with her bro.

All that said... dunno how Kairi fits into all this.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
If it's the comics I'm thinking about, it's the ones where Sora is typically working a retail job. Riku usually finds him and Sora has no idea who he is and treats him as a regular customer. They range from serious angst to completely comical. There is no canon justification. Just headcanon.
It sounds like a comedy, I'm all for a good laugh every now and then, but I do like the serious stuff too, and yeah that sounds completely fan made, now I don't have a problem with fan made stuff, sometimes the fan made stuff is better than the official stuff, but I prefer the official stuff.

D

Deleted member 246005

I can their memories will become a little hazy (like, maybe Strelitzia remembers she has a brother and how important he is, but doesn't remember his face or name). In that way, it still wouldn't make sense for there to be a "catfight" or whatever. That's straight up silly.

I do like the theories that float around sometimes of Strelitzia trying to get Sora to stay there though. Not because of love, but maybe just loneliness. She's always been lonely, just like Namine. But it would be a fun turn around if Sora is like, "I can't stay here, but you can come back with me instead!" Sets up the potential for her to reunite with her bro.

All that said... dunno how Kairi fits into all this.
That reminded me of how Once upon a Time started. All the fairy tale characters were living fake lives.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That reminds me of Tenchi in Tokyo, when Tenchi is separated from the rest of the usual characters in a more urban locale and Sakuya is trying to lure him away for good. I always hated her.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I personally wouldn't want OUAT considering how awful I found that show to be. It went to crap after season 4, I believe. Would at least prefer it to be based on the first season only.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I personally wouldn't want OUAT considering how awful I found that show to be. It went to crap after season 4, I believe. Would at least prefer it to be based on the first season only.
I haven't seen the show yet, so please no spoilers, the only reason I haven't seen it yet is because I keep putting it off.

Back