• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Street Fighter × Tekken

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Redemption

last in line
re: Street Figher-chan ♥ Tekken-chan

Since the previews we saw were for Street Fighter X Tekken, I'm guessing that Tekken X Street Fighter will be based on the Tekken 6 Engine, since SF X Tekken looks like it's based on the SF4/SSF4 engine.

Looks promising. Probably going to pick up the Tekken X SF version.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Being a fan of most fighting games, I'll probably end up getting both. Although I have a feeling SFxT will be played the most.

street-fighter-x-tekken-20100724020834095.jpg

street-fighter-x-tekken-20100724020910922_640w.jpg

street-fighter-x-tekken-20100724020920125_640w.jpg

street-fighter-x-tekken-20100724020947515_640w.jpg

Sempied

I'll probably go with the Tekken version. Compared to games like Guilty Gear/Street Fighter/King of Fighters fighting engines Tekken always seemed the most simplistic to me.

I'd love to see Devil Jin vs. Akuma however as a guilty pleasure.

Wait..........Why does Kazuya look like he's on steroids with an enhancement overdose? lol

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Wait..........Why does Kazuya look like he's on steroids with an enhancement overdose? lol

The SF4 engine does that to everyone. Even Dhalsim, the skin and bones Indian man, is buff now. Don't worry, though, you'll get used to it.

That trailer was so badass. I'm such a huge Kazuya fan, and the trailer really had so much narrative without any actual...story. If just in the way that Kazuya is pretty much everything Ryu fears he will become. He started out in Tekken as a hero type character, and over the course of the series became more and more brutal/evil.

I'm probably going to enjoy Tekken X Street Fighter more, as the Tekken engine is more friendly towards button mashers like myself.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this game. The crossover with the Tekken series just seems somewhat off to me (although I guess since there was already that Namco X Capcom game once, they probably had limited choices) and I'm not so sure about splitting the whole idea into two games. Not to mention that, after all those recent crossover titles, they'll probably have to come up with a way to mix things up and make it unique compared to the other titles as well.

This should be interesting. :3

Classic example of someone who doesn't know jack shit about fighting games, yet tries to talk about them like they do. First off, who the fuck said anything about Chun Li? I don't know about you, but no one here besides yourself has even mentioned getting hype over Chun Li. Even then, Chun Li in a game based on the T6 engine is drastically different then the one in Super SF4, 3rd Strike, Alpha 3, Super Turbo, CvS2, MvC2 and any other games she's appeared in. Just because a character is a recurring character in a game series, ESPECIALLY a fighting game series, does not mean they are the same throughout. Similarly, Tekken characters being modeled in a SF4 engine are so different than their T6 counterparts, it's not even funny.

No one here is getting fucking hype about the characters. They're getting hype about the game and how the characters potentially play, rather than if the character is making an appearance. This is one of the first times where a versus game crosses over a 3D fighting game (Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, etc) with a 2D fighter (Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, etc). This kind of crossover is almost unheard of, so kindly sit down and shut the fuck up because you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Honestly, I doubt the initial thoughts that ran through any of our heads here after seeing the trailer were anything like the insight you just said. Chill out. :l

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

First Nartuo, now Street Fighter lol Tekken is getting everywhere. This looks beast though can't wait.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

and I'm not so sure about splitting the whole idea into two games.

Personally, I thought that was a good idea on their part. Given the fact that they are specifically crossing over a 2d fighting franchise with a 3d fighting franchise, it makes since that they would make a game for each of the gameplay styles.

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com

I love how the art will be different in the two games....it was cool to see Kazuya SF4 style...now i cant wait to see Ken T6 style....it will be cool....i really hope lars is in the game....he is my favorite...followed closely by Raven

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

Honestly, I doubt the initial thoughts that ran through any of our heads here after seeing the trailer were anything like the insight you just said. Chill out. :l
Nope, that's how everyone pretty much thought. You may not think it to the same degree depth as I do, but you sure as hell are thinking along the same lines.

What else are you fucking getting hype over, if not that? You ain't getting hype about that Ryu. Who the fuck cares about Ryu? He's generic shoto-gayshit, ultimate frown character. Nah, you getting hype about how you gonna pull off stupid as fuck air juggle combos with Ryu in TekkenxSF. Then you gonna complain about fireballs in TekkenxSF and be all like "mang that so cheap".

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this game. The crossover with the Tekken series just seems somewhat off to me (although I guess since there was already that Namco X Capcom game once, they probably had limited choices) and I'm not so sure about splitting the whole idea into two games. Not to mention that, after all those recent crossover titles, they'll probably have to come up with a way to mix things up and make it unique compared to the other titles as well.

This should be interesting. :3

Actually.....thats exactly what i thought when i saw the gameplay.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

Itt: no one understands fighting game design

It's cvs2/svc all over again. Sfvt will be the decent one, and the tekken one will be terribad and everyone will stop playing it shortly after they find out it's garbage.

Curious to see how those tekken-esque crouch dashes work

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Then you gonna complain about fireballs in TekkenxSF and be all like "mang that so cheap".
I actually doubt that. The fireballs will become the most useless moves in the game, due to the fact that the opponent can just side strafe out of the way. I am curious if Capcom is going to give the Tekken characters ways around the fireballs, like Abel and Zangief have, or if they're going to get projectiles of their own.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

jesus i am just making fun of scrubs because they always complain about long ranged attacks everywhere

NO NEED TO SPIT HATERADE

*crosses arms*

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

Tekken X Street Fighter will show up at GAMESCOM

Yoshinori statement:
"Our gathering of Street Fighter fans at the special occasion of ComiCon in San Diego was marred when Harada pathetically attempted to bribe everyone present with free copies of his games." said Yoshinori Ono, Street Fighter Series Producer, Capcom. "Capcom, however, is an honorable company. We don't just crash other companies' events. So I've properly notified in advance that I will participate in the TEKKEN fan event planned for GamesCom. Since it is by invitation of the TEKKEN team, I expect Harada to have various underhanded surprises planned. Knowing this, I still plan to participate in the event while overcoming any obstacles he may have planned so that I can show them what a real fighting game is all about. I'll also take with me the shaving oil I received from Hakan and the shaving razor from Vega so that I can erase that overgrown beard of Harada's, exposing that baby face to go with his childish actions. It should turn out to be a great party!"

And here is Harada's statement:
"After releasing Street Fighter III: Third Strike in 1999, Ono disappeared from the fighting game scene. Even though there were many requests for a sequel from fighting game fans, and even veteran fighting game developers like myself, Ono, Ryu, Chun Li, and crew failed to show their faces for 10 years". said Katsuhiro Harada, TEKKEN Series Director at Namco Bandai Games Inc. "When they do finally show after a blank of 10 years, they don't even bother to say a few words to the Mishima Zaibatsu, who helped maintain the fighting game scene for the 10 years they were gone. Not only that, they flee Japan to have their little gathering of fanboys at ComiCon in San Diego. So I made a sudden appearance at their little event, handed out a few free games to gain favor, and delivered a challenge to Ono. Unfortunately, we weren't able to settle things at ComiCon but I'll face him again this time in Europe � at Cologne! Blows are exchanged in place of civilities � that's how it's done at the Mishima Zaibatsu. "

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

[VIDEO=YOUTUBE;a4Ks6Tq-_ew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Ks6Tq-_ew[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO=YOUTUBE;hyL_JsNolSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyL_JsNolSU[/VIDEO]

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

I'm definitely getting Tekken X Street Fighter.

And Yay, 1000 post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back