• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Strange, but effective way to beat Mystereous Figure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
I finally beat MF last night!

I couldn't beat him back in November and took a break until yesterday. I Googled "easy ways to beat MF," but all that most people said was "Thunder Surge," "Don't equip abilities," and "Mash [ ]!" Then I found it.

Someone recommended using "Unison Rush" to dodge the barrage of shooting spheres; the attack that always kills me. So I game it a shot using my Lv 70 Ventus w/ Ultima Weapon, Thunder Surges and Curagas and Pulse Bomb. When I used Unison Rush to dodge the attack, it not only let me dodge it, but it also took down 1 WHOLE BAR OF HP!

So I thought to myself, and bought a Voltage Stack (I was out of medals for another Unison Rush), and my deck looked like:

-Unison Rush
-Voltage Stack
-Curaga
-Curaga

Weird looking, but the beauty of it is that UR and VS provide long invinciblity frames, and are safer to use than Shotlocks. They hit harder (although MF my heal off your UR if you use it too fast) and are safe to transition back in to dodging. The only downside is that UR and VS take a while to reload (equip Reload boost b/c VAT will be constantly at 1 HP), but [ ] mashing is pretty useful. They can also be used defensively. Be cautious not to be too close to MF or he'll cancel out your attack before the invincibility starts!

I began the battle and rolled around until VS fully charged. I unleashed it on MF and he lost about 1/4 of a bar. Good damage, and by the time it was done, UR was finished charging. I unleashed UR and took down roughly 3/4 of the HP bar. Then I rolled around until VS was recharged (using UR actually gave VS a good amount of time to start recharging) and repeated the cycle. When he had two bars left, he turned invisible, and I just rolled around until he appeared again (I lost once due to a stray Chain of Death/Tornado combo). Then, when he had 1/2 a bar left, he hit me and reduced my HP to 1. My two Curagas were both recharging, so I quickly used Unison Rush, which its invinciblity period saved me from the clones, and its finisher KO'ed him! He never even got a chance to cast Megaflare or Doom, and the battle only lasted ~3 minutes.

I cannot believe this method worked! Less button mashing, quicker win!

I attempted this as Aqua, but Unison Rush only took out about 1/10 of a bar. She's only Lv 46, so I'll level her up in Radiant Gardens to 70 at least. Levels must be important.

Give this a try, or at least your opinion!

Crystal

Silver Member
o.o I'm gonna try that. But do you have other way for Terra and Aqua in beating MF since these two are the hardest in beating him.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I have something to add to this possibly...
Don't use Shotlocks like Pulse bomb or Absolute Zero, The best Shotlocks for MF are of the 'Sphere' Variety, Bubble blaster, Dark volley etc...

Crystal

Silver Member
I have something to add to this possibly...
Don't use Shotlocks like Pulse bomb or Absolute Zero, The best Shotlocks for MF are of the 'Sphere' Variety, Bubble blaster, Dark volley etc...

If use shotlock, he will guard himself and thus healing?

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Wow, now that's a cool find. You don't often think about using the friend commands outside of the Arena. Nice to see you've found an awesome application for them. Might come in handy for Terra players, if Unison Rush's long effect does help reload the bar faster. The more invincibility for him, the better.

MasterAqua

Website
www.facebook.com
And to think that I went under the pain of defeat him with Terra praying the whole match "don't use the sphere thing, don't use the sphere thing, don't use the sphere thing". >_<
Well done tough, that's an awesome way to make up for Terra's terrible dodge move against those floating orbs of death!

Swordsaint

o.o I'm gonna try that. But do you have other way for Terra and Aqua in beating MF since these two are the hardest in beating him.
?

aqua has the easiest time beating him O-o

And to think that I went under the pain of defeat him with Terra praying the whole match "don't use the sphere thing, don't use the sphere thing, don't use the sphere thing". >_<
Well done tough, that's an awesome way to make up for Terra's terrible dodge move against those floating orbs of death!

if you bring a long an extra couple curagas (about 5 curagas) you can just outlive it.

Swordsaint

B-but that wouldn't be in my style! *cool attitude attempt*
I never tried to just stay put and outlive it tough ^^"
it was the only solution I could think of...every other time i died.

its really annoying though

1hp

heal!

1hp

heal!

1hp

heal!

1hp

heal!

-_-

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
noobish question but what is UR and VS? and is Union Rush a friend command? if not, how do I get it?

US= Union Rush
VS= Voltage Stack

You can get Union Rush by going to the Moogle Shop in the Mirage Arena.

But anyway, nice find. I'm lvl 65 with Ventus and I can't beat him with the Thunder Surge technique, but I'll give this a try.

Swordsaint

I really hope this works for Terra because i'm fed up with the thunder surge/hoping not to die but then dying 5 seconds later approach that ISN'T WORKING AT ALL!! So thanks for posting this!
i was able to beat MF with terra (critical) at level 65 with the thunder surge trick.

my deck was

thunder surge x 3
curaga x 5

just gotta outlive him and be more aggressive than Ven or Aqua. You can't afford to be patient and wait until the easier moves like the wind shuffler or x-blade. gotta attack after like every move AND attack him while he's invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back