• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Story Mission Guide - Updated to Beast's Castle END [Check OP]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Re: Story Mission Guide - Updated to End of Mission 7-6 [Check OP]

The texts are stored separatly but I don't know exactly where or how they (or something different like a translation for example) can be put back into the scenes.

Yeah, there's so many ways this could have been done. It could be as simple as putting them in the right folder relative to the SWFs (so if the SWFs are in ../swf/ and the text files are in ../swf/text, all we'd have to do is restore the structure). Or there could be a manifest file telling the SWFs where to find the text, we'd have to copy that as well.

Those are the easiest ways they could have done things, but they could have done any number of alternatives, it'd be hard to say even if I had the files in front of me.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Mission Guide - Updated to End of Mission 7-6 [Check OP]

Finally started to proceed from 8-1 now... is Goldplanner not going to update the story guide anymore?

FUUUUUUUUUUUU, I knew I forgot something.

And back from August too!

Missions up to 9-1 are done. Kaz also kindly translated the anniversary event dialogue and those will be up by the end of the week.

With the release of 2.5 and the Memorial Ultimania this week, we're all going to be a bit busy. Will try to tackle as much as we can!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Re: Story Mission Guide - Updated to End of Mission 9-1 [Check OP]

Show! Hades! The power of a hero!

........Phil.

I asked that gentleman there to make a gate for you.

Who does Chirithy mean here? Hercules?

By the way, I took a look at some of the code, and the text is actually in the code itself, not external. Which means... I have no idea why the text isn't showing up? There's a font in the file, but it may be the wrong one. Maybe the main game provides the font, or it's external, that's my best guess. I can't imagine the code is broken, considering we've seen these in working order. That means a resource has to be missing, and if it ain't the text, all that comes to mind is the font.

Sound and music are external.

Last edited:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

By the way, I took a look at some of the code, and the text is actually in the code itself, not external. Which means... I have no idea why the text isn't showing up? There's a font in the file, but it may be the wrong one. Maybe the main game provides the font, or it's external, that's my best guess. I can't imagine the code is broken, considering we've seen these in working order. That means a resource has to be missing, and if it ain't the text, all that comes to mind is the font.
You're right, I was confusing the scenes with the normal speech bubbles or mission texts of the game which are definitely out of reach even if they are basically just the JSON encoded UTF-8 characters. I also don't think that these files are broken, just interpreted differently by the game's main file (key.swf).

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

That sounds likely, yeah.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

OP updated!

I had a lot of fun with these.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Re: Story Mission Guide - Updated to End of Mission 17-4 [Check OP]

Great job, Goldpanner, thanks!

Hm, it occurs to me that since Ephemera's faction can vary, the line mentioning his faction should probably say "[rival faction]"?

"The perpetrator is also in the dark." I was surprised to read that. The Cheshire Cat seems to be implying there really is a single perpetrator, where I had assumed the Heartless came here just wandering out of the darkness, as they do? Hmm.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

Thanks Goldpanner, fantastic work, you even translated the Anniversary event.:biggrin:

The first link to the "tutorial and special events" has to be fixed in the worlds section though and the 1st Anniversary event can only be accessed via the side bar.

Aerora

The link to the "special events" section seems to loop back around to the world selection :(

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Great job, Goldpanner, thanks!

Hm, it occurs to me that since Ephemera's faction can vary, the line mentioning his faction should probably say "[rival faction]"?

"The perpetrator is also in the dark." I was surprised to read that. The Cheshire Cat seems to be implying there really is a single perpetrator, where I had assumed the Heartless came here just wandering out of the darkness, as they do? Hmm.

Oh lol you're probably right about the enemies. I made the assumption you picked out and defaulted to singular 'perpetrator' because the Japanese doesn't specify, but this might be one of the cases where plural might have been more accurate. I don't know though, and it could turn out that there IS an individual behind what's going on... It's hard translating WIP things!!

As for Ephemera's faction, I was just translating the Japanese that was there, but that's a good point, so I'll go fix it!

And I'll see about the other things...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Sorry guys! Fixed the links in the OP, added the 1st anniversary events, and changed Ephemera's "Leopardus" to "rival union".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back