• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Steven Universe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Anagram

Banned
media-8418526769763864872-edstevenuniverse_2x1__384087.jpg

In Steven Universe, the world is protected from evil by the Crystal Gems, a group of intergalactic warriors who draw their power from special magical gem stones. The four Gems are Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl and Steven. Steven is a boy who inherited a gemstone from his mother, a Crystal Gem named Rose Quartz. As Steven tries to figure out the secrets of his gem, he spends his days in Beach City doing activities with the other Crystal Gems, whether it's helping them save the universe or just hanging out.

*didn'tseeathreadforthissooooo*

Please tell me I'm not the only watching this beautiful show or it's latest episode today?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think I was going to make a topic on this way back when it came out but I got lazy and said "fuck it".

It's a show I like a lot though it can get a little slice of lifey (I don't think that's the right way to describe it but, meh) which makes it hard for me to rewatch some episodes. Not that they're bad but while I think the show is adorable it can be a little slow at times.

*waiting for everyone else to get new outfits, now it feels lopsided, lol*

Anagram

Banned
Yeah some I can't rewatch either without a decent amount of time passing. Most of the new episodes this week was gold though. Well except for todays. Was meh on that one. lol (not that I expected them to top yesterday haha)

Last edited:

12kez90

I thought today's episode was just as good as yesterday, okay maybe not as good but still good cause it deals with the aftermath of battle, which a lot of shows nowadays don't do after a big fight/war.

Anagram

Banned
That's true. Steven did have legit reason to freak out too given what just happened.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Yeah that song has been on repeat for me too lol

But on a semi-serious note: I almost didn't give this show a chance, my gf was watching it and told me that if I watched I would not be disappointed and man was she right. I agree that it can be kinda slow because of, I believe Ruran put it best, the slice of lifey feel that some episodes have so things sorta drag out a bit. But when it picks up it really throws you for a loop and you enjoy the ride. I'd watch of a few episodes and think "Wow...this is some pretty deep real shit lol" and its not over the top with the dark like Adventure Time has been dropping, its subtle things that leave you to think and wonder just how serious the situation or history behind it all might be. If anything this show is just so much fun to me.

/fanboy rant

Anagram

Banned
Make that a third. I've rewatched the clip way more than I should've. haha

I rewatched the Lion 3 episode today. It makes me wish we knew more about Rose.

Anagram

Banned
New episode wasn't to bad. Was definitely one of the slice of life episodes though.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Infinitely better than Adventure Time, which has clearly morphed into something imbalanced due to a lack of vision. Is it a comedy? Is it a drama? Is there a plot? Why does it always revert to status quo? Adventure Time had it's day in the sun when it came out and was a balls to the walls comedy, but now it's washed up. At least it paved the way for Steven Universe, which has much better pacing than any 11 minute cartoon I can think of.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Infinitely better than Adventure Time, which has clearly morphed into something imbalanced due to a lack of vision. Is it a comedy? Is it a drama? Is there a plot? Why does it always revert to status quo? Adventure Time had it's day in the sun when it came out and was a balls to the walls comedy, but now it's washed up. At least it paved the way for Steven Universe, which has much better pacing than any 11 minute cartoon I can think of.

ehh I woulndt say that way to early to tell. Steven is weird... a little to positive sometimes. The show does seem to be mooving at a faster pace since big conflict is here and open. Like avatar this show has an end you can see coming. But i am pumped to see where this all goes. Going further more episodes will have to deal with the homeworld knowing that the resistance is alive on earth..more gems will be sent down. Can steven persuade some to see the beauty of earth and to fight with him to protect it. Or will it just be the 3 gems facing a never ending series of clashes with incoming gems until the CO/Queen decided enough is enough and comes down.

Anagram

Banned
I definitely agree on finding it better than Adventure Time. Even with guessable ends possibly in sight.
AT lost my attention long ago.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I won't lie though, SU gives me some vibes that AT gave me back in its earlier days when mature/dark/intelligent themes were more subtle instead of blatantly in your face and trying too hard. Though I definitely appreciate the stories of SU more and the characters more interesting

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Ehh. It seems like it's on the same level as AT, just it's "fresh." Sooner or later it'll lose that "fresh" appeal. A lot of the things SU do, AT does, although I'm not undermining SU as it's definitely got it's own ish going down (ex: the mostly female protagonist team).

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I started watching it the other day and have been speeding through the episodes.

On about 28 now I think.

Garnet is best.

There are some really horrific episodes so far. Cat Fingers and Too Many Birthdays especially. Nightmare fuel.

But altogether I love it.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Ehh. It seems like it's on the same level as AT, just it's "fresh." Sooner or later it'll lose that "fresh" appeal. A lot of the things SU do, AT does, although I'm not undermining SU as it's definitely got it's own ish going down (ex: the mostly female protagonist team).

I agree, SU has the "fresh" appeal going for it. But I feel that they have a set direction that their going towards where as AT occasionally has the relevance of continuity and sometimes you really don't see the story going anywhere or if there even is a story their going towards. I don't know if I articulated that right but I guess what I'm saying is I can look at SU and say "okay this is where they've been, this is where they are, this is possibly where they are going or where I'd like to see them go" idk, definitely fresh though.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Now todays episode satisfied me. Usually thoughts like thease get ignored, but steven is thinking about them and has concerns and conflicted feelings. I was afraid he was gonna be like sora

Anagram

Banned
Anyone catch todays episode? I missed it but given it was some Uncle Grandpa crossover I can't say I'm eager to find it.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
It was a non-canon, confusing, strangely written, fanficy 12 minutes. I chuckled once or twice

Back