• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Status of the X Blade post KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This is something I've been thinking about for a while. Do you think the X Blade is still in Sora's possession or did it disappear after he sealed Kingdom Hearts? If he still has it will he ever use it again?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pretty certain Sora just has it. Unless Nomura says otherwise, there is nothing that states that once you use the X-Blade it disappears.

Every time it has disappeared in the past, it was because it was broken or incomplete.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Pretty certain Sora just has it. Unless Nomura says otherwise, there is nothing that states that once you use the X-Blade it disappears.

Every time it has disappeared in the past, it was because it was broken or incomplete.
Makes sense. If Sora still has it I think the Foretellers may try and take it from him to use for their own goals. Maybe MoM himself since he is currently in the same location as him

Obiewantsanipod

I'm worried Nomura will pull another one on us and have kingdom hearts buried behind another 7 darkness 13 lights war that will yield another X-blade to be clashed with the one we have in the name of unlocking the "true kingdom hearts". Never hoped to be wrong about something as much as I do right now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Makes sense. If Sora still has it I think the Foretellers may try and take it from him to use for their own goals. Maybe MoM himself since he is currently in the same location as him

I doubt the MoM NEEDS the X-Blade tbh.

I'm worried Nomura will pull another one on us and have kingdom hearts buried behind another 7 darkness 13 lights war that will yield another X-blade to be clashed with the one we have in the name of unlocking the "true kingdom hearts". Never hoped to be wrong about something as much as I do right now.

You know it’s happening. It’ll be like a “reverse X-Blade” where it’s coloring is the color of reverse medals in UX while the X-Blade is the color of upright medals lololol

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

But if Sora still has it, why didn't he use the power of Kingdom Hearts itself to save Kairi?

I'm hoping that whatever the next big weapon is or whatever is redesigned completely. I secretly hoped that Nomura would pull a redesign for the X-Blade in KH3 and say that it looks different because it is the "true" version compared to what we saw in KHBbS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But if Sora still has it, why didn't he use the power of Kingdom Hearts itself to save Kairi?

That'd be too easy 8D

I'm hoping that whatever the next big weapon is or whatever is redesigned completely. I secretly hoped that Nomura would pull a redesign for the X-Blade in KH3 and say that it looks different because it is the "true" version compared to what we saw in KHBbS.

They can still do that later on in the 7 Darknesses vs 13 Lights story 8D

There's just something I find amusing in Sora casually carrying around the allegedly all-powerful weapon.

Same xD It'll be one of those things where somebody goes "Sora, don't you still have the X-Blade?" and he looks and goes "...u right u right"

Or it'll be this super badass moment where he thought he didn't have it anymore and he's at one of his lowest moments again, and then suddenly he calls upon it and rains down the power of KH on his greatest foe yet......or at least that is something I can imagine Nomura doing because he likes using these shounen tropes.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
A bit off-topic but I always felt that 7 lights versus 13 darkness were way too many people to really build a dramatic fight. It just felt on the darkness side, especially you are just putting some fillers to make up the numbers. I know Nomura likes his number symbolism and all but it just felt too much. Especially since Sora kills most of them anyways or already did it once in the past so there is no drama on can Sora defeat Marluxia/Luxord/Larxene.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A bit off-topic but I always felt that 7 lights versus 13 darkness were way too many people to really build a dramatic fight. It just felt on the darkness side, especially you are just putting some fillers to make up the numbers. I know Nomura likes his number symbolism and all but it just felt too much. Especially since Sora kills most of them anyways or already did it once in the past so there is no drama on can Sora defeat Marluxia/Luxord/Larxene.

Yes, it was too many people. It’s not appealing at all and it lead to these unbalanced fights and a very messy climax with artificial stakes.

Sora should not have been involved with most of those fights, but Nomura made it so because the game is mostly in Sora’s point of view. You can’t have him skipping out on the action and not have him witness key moments.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
At least Nomura gave reasons for Sora to be present for most of the clashes.

1. Luxord gave Sora the wild card which will be important in the future.
2. He had to be there for Saix and Xion in order for Xion to regain her memories and Roxas' return
3. Young Xehanort's last act before returning to the past was cursing Sora to his demise, which was built up from previous scenes.

Maybe you could have cut him from Riku and Aqua's fights but even then he may of had need to be present. Sora never had the chance to see Vanitas' face

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards

I see what you are saying, and this is kinda why having so many of the old Organization being in the new one bothered me. Sora's already beaten like most of them already, minus five of them. After DDD I thought most of the new Organization would literally be alternate versions of Xehanort from different stages, including the often forgotten apprentice Xehanort. I felt that one could have filled the Vexen role of scientist of the group. I love Larxene and Demyx but neither these two or Marluxia should have even been considered options given Xemnas's line in DDD about the old org. But this is off-topic and I might give my full opinion on it in the unpopular opinion thread later.

Now on-topic about Sora with the X-Blade? I think it would be awesome for him to still have it. It's basically two Kingdom Keys right? How awesome would it be if when Sora is returned in KH4 he's actually not reset for once and has the X-Blade in hand and ready? This would probably require another KH character to be the playable weak tutorial one until he comes back though.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
There's just something I find amusing in Sora casually carrying around the allegedly all-powerful weapon.
Lol Like how it breaks the stakes and tension even more than the Power of whatever the hell Nomura wants Waking already has?

Sora never had the chance to see Vanitas' face
Sora had zero reaction to Ventus looking like Roxas when he first saw him (or at all really). He didn't need to see or react to Vanitas' face either. If it was just to so he could learn about the important connection between himself and Ventus- first of all that should've already been distinguished after Re coded, but more to the point, he already had that discussion with both Vanitas (in Monstropolis) and Ventus (in LoD) by that time anyway.

In regards to interactions, there are a lot of far more important ones that we didn't get. Riku and Terra, Roxas and Namine/DiZ/Sora (as in some actual, tangible diologue after all the build up in the beginning of the game), Master Xehanort and any of the BBS trio, etc.

Last edited:

Obiewantsanipod

Sora never had the chance to see Vanitas' face

And when he did it was beyond underwhelming.

To be honest the characters from the dlc should have been playable in the war segment of the game for more concrete storytelling. We could have fought against the UX trio alongside mickey, then Riku leads the way against Xigbar with Mickey by his side. We could have started the fight against Saix as Sora and then got Roxas as a neat surprise while Sora goes after Xemnas.

That would have given us more comprehensive representation of the cast, while allowing room for more meaningful cut scenes and dialogue. I still can't wrap my mind around Sora being the one to bring Terra back. It was too casual, like he was exchanging a can of tomato sauce at the supermarket.

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
You know it’s happening. It’ll be like a “reverse X-Blade” where it’s coloring is the color of reverse medals in UX while the X-Blade is the color of upright medals lololol

I do sort-of have a theory about this, yet I am cursed. Every time I have free time, I'm consumed by FFXIV. Every time I'm working or away, the theories repeat in my head endlessly. I have to somehow get myself to write, it burns!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I liked the 7 lights vs. 13 darknesses concept, but I think the execution in KH3 could have been way better. I loved that Xehanort was planning to put himself into Organization XIII, however I feel that the actual "war" shouldn't have been built up as such. It should have been the 13 darknesses (that are relevant to Sora) attacking the Disney worlds and forcing Sora to clash with them, hence scoring 1 fragment of the X-Blade. Other darknesses attack the other groups that they have more history with (like Vanitas vs. Aqua or Ansem vs. Riku), to give them closure and you control those characters during the fight (and include a mode after you beat the game where you can fight them as Sora). Lastly, I would have planned it out to justify the Kairi kidnapping/New 7 Hearts. You have Sora and the gang contemplate not going to Master Xehanort, since he only needs one clash left. Kairi senses that Rapunzel/Anna/Elsa are in danger and insist to visit their world. When you visit, you see Xehanort kidnapping them (since the last clash needs to happen at the Keyblade Graveyard). You stop Xehanort, but then he sneak attacks and takes Kairi.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I liked the 7 lights vs. 13 darknesses concept, but I think the execution in KH3 could have been way better. I loved that Xehanort was planning to put himself into Organization XIII, however I feel that the actual "war" shouldn't have been built up as such. It should have been the 13 darknesses (that are relevant to Sora) attacking the Disney worlds and forcing Sora to clash with them, hence scoring 1 fragment of the X-Blade. Other darknesses attack the other groups that they have more history with (like Vanitas vs. Aqua or Ansem vs. Riku), to give them closure and you control those characters during the fight (and include a mode after you beat the game where you can fight them as Sora). Lastly, I would have planned it out to justify the Kairi kidnapping/New 7 Hearts. You have Sora and the gang contemplate not going to Master Xehanort, since he only needs one clash left. Kairi senses that Rapunzel/Anna/Elsa are in danger and insist to visit their world. When you visit, you see Xehanort kidnapping them (since the last clash needs to happen at the Keyblade Graveyard). You stop Xehanort, but then he sneak attacks and takes Kairi.

I think there are some good ideas. One of my biggest complaints is that not all the darknesses had keyblades! Like this is supposed to be a keyblade war and Luxord is messing around with his cards. At least if some of the geeks in the darkness group acquired a keyblade then maybe you can say they got stronger so maybe Sora can't beat them this time but nope.

It's literally beating Ansem Sod for like 6th time but this time I am supposed to think Sora and Riku can't beat him.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Speaking of the X-Blade's design I'm surprised the fact that it was made up of two Kingdom Keys was never addressed. You'd think that would mean something in regards to Sora's Keyblade

Veevee

Awards
I hope we never see the X-Blade again. It is visually atrocious and I've always hated "this is the ultimate weapon ever made!" tropes.

So true. It looks like something a grade schooler drew because he thought it would be cool. Also, I've always hated that of all the names they had to call it x-blade in a way that it sounds exactly like the regular key-blade. Honestly, you have some dumb-looking weapon made of two keyblades and basically call it keyblade, can it even be worse.

Back