• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Status Affecting Skills

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

waterhai

So I know the passive skills such as attack up and defense up can be passively activated when I tap, flick, or use a special ability. But when it comes to status affecting skills such as poison and sleep, I do not know whether flicking or using an aoe special ability would passively activate the skill. So far I have only seen it activate by taps and I cant test whether it works on single special attack because all the skills are on characters with aoe specials. I would like someone to clarify this with me. Thank you

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Status-affecting skills only activate with tap attacks.
Attack Up (Attack Boost) skills activate with abilities, taps, and swipes.
Attack Up Whole (Attack Up All) only activates with swipe attacks.
Guard Up (Defense Boost) has a chance of activating at the end of a turn.

waterhai

awh thats lame. I was hoping I could poison all the monsters. So what would you recommend which character would utilize the poison skill the best.
And sleep is so counter intuitive because if they are on the last slot and manage to put the monster to sleep, you still have a friend's monster to attack which wakes it up. Is there a good way to use it?

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I ended up just selling poison/sleep/paralyze Scrooge medals in my JPN file, attack up/ability prize up skills are much more useful late-game.
If you're bent on using Sleep, then it's best to have a partner medal with it.

Edit: On that note, don't sell them until you're absolutely sure that you won't need them. You'll have to paralyze/poison some story bosses the first time you do them, like Cerberus later on, if you want to clear the quest without a continue, unless you've been burning money for strong medals in the jewel draw.

Last edited:

waterhai

Havent burned much money but I think I got a great team. Got diz, king mickey, riku, limit form sora, and black coat riku on my treasure trove keyblade. Think I might put poison on king mickey, riku or sora

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Havent burned much money but I think I got a great team. Got diz, king mickey, riku, limit form sora, and black coat riku on my treasure trove keyblade. Think I might put poison on king mickey, riku or sora
Stick poison on DiZ, if you're not going to stick a Guard Up/Defense Boost on him, since he's primarily a support-type medal (just note that poison will not activate if you use DiZ's attack buff ability, which is why I recommend sticking Guard Up on him over poison/paralyze). KH1 Riku and Sora could work too, since you'll most likely swap them out for a better medal later on in the game.
King Mickey and Black Coat Riku can last you a bit longer past early-game, so I'd stick an Attack Up/Boost on them instead.

waterhai

Yea I put an att boost on black coat riku and will need to find another one for king mickey. I really thought limit form sora was pretty good because it is similar to black coat riku but I could be wrong. Guess ill put poison on riku since i only use his skill against a mob of enemies.
Thank you for the advice btw. Very helpful!!

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
So do you have any opinions of which medals are the best currently?
DiZ, speed Aerith, Vivi, for their +1 one-turn neutral attack buff. They are the only medals currently in NA that I still use in my JPN game.
King Mickey and Black Coat Riku are currently the best medals, in my opinion.
For speed medals, KH2 Sora ver.B and Limit Form are okay, KH2 Riku is better but I don't think he's in NA yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back