• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stations of Awakening: Remind vs Smash Ultimate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Okay, now I'm confused about the stations of awakening. Excluding the censoring of pre-established Disney characters (still laughing about that to myself 😂), several of them were changed between remind and smash.

I can't make sense of said changes.

Terra's- now has Ventus and Aqua

Simplest one. Why weren't they there before? Maybe the person needs to remember them, and Terra's memories were negatively affected while trapped inside Guardian? That's my only guess. And the memory thing would explain why Ventus' is still blank.

Xion's - shows The World that Never Was

The world in the station is supposed to be one's world of birth. Xion was "born" in Castle Oblivion, not Org 13's HQ. Sora's has DI and, as shown by Riku in DDD, the environment beneath the station is a cognitive recreation of said world. This isn't affected by memory. Xehanort's cognitive world was Scala because he was born there. However, he thought he was born on DI up until the end of KH3. And besides, Xion already knows she was born in Castle Oblivion. So.... why isn't Castle Oblivion on her station of awakening?

Roxas'- has Xion on it again

Roxas' station originally had Xion on it. Then her portrait vanished after her memory-heart thing was absorbed into her new body. Roxas remembered her at that point in time, as evidenced by his voice calling out Xion's name through Sora. So then, why did Nomura remove her portrait only to put it right back in Smash?

Zackarix

Awards
Without getting into specifics the reason these new heart stations don't follow what seemed to the rules of stations is that they weren't originally designed with the intention of being heart stations. They were originally created as stained glass clocks for a promotional event. Then when ReMind was created they decided to reuse them instead of creating new images, likely because they didn't see the point of creating new images when they could recycle something that already existed. Then with Smash the precedent for using the existing images with minor edits has already been established.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Terra's- now has Ventus and Aqua

Simplest one. Why weren't they there before? Maybe the person needs to remember them, and Terra's memories were negatively affected while trapped inside Guardian? That's my only guess. And the memory thing would explain why Ventus' is still blank.
They were there; in fact, they were the only other characters on Terra's platform:

Terra.png

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
As others have pointed out Terra's already had Aqua and Ven on it in Re:Mind.

I don't think the world depicted on the station has to be their home world, it just have to be a world significant to them, which The World That Never Was would be to Xion. I mean Ven's depicts the land of departure and that doesn't seem to be his home either. Also you could argue that Xion's home world should be Twilight Town, seeing that's where she formed her identity.

Honestly I don't think Xion was permanently removed from Roxas' station, I saw it more as a visual representation of her Heart leaving his.

As cool as seeing the Stations in Re:Mind was I still wish they had made new ones instead of reusing the ones they made for a previous event.
They don't seem as cohesive, seeing now a large chunk of them were created with reused art assets, that don't quite follow the design philosophy of Sora and Ven's. Though Sora and Ven's also differ from the KH1 ones so who's to say what rules these Stations even follow.

Zackarix

Awards
I mean Ven's depicts the land of departure and that doesn't seem to be his home either.
That's a funny way to spell the Keyblade Graveyard:
As cool as seeing the Stations in Re:Mind was I still wish they had made new ones instead of reusing the ones they made for a previous event.
They don't seem as cohesive, seeing now a large chunk of them were created with reused art assets, that don't quite follow the design philosophy of Sora and Ven's. Though Sora and Ven's also differ from the KH1 ones so who's to say what rules these Stations even follow.
I agree here. The stained glass clocks were okay for promotional images, but they very clearly didn't follow the rules for heart station design. So seeing them become the canon stations feel lazy, especially when you compare them to how thoughtfully designed the world stations from the revisit-the-worlds-and-resurrect-everybody sequence were.

Awards
Without getting into specifics the reason these new heart stations don't follow what seemed to the rules of stations is that they weren't originally designed with the intention of being heart stations. They were originally created as stained glass clocks for a promotional event. Then when ReMind was created they decided to reuse them instead of creating new images, likely because they didn't see the point of creating new images when they could recycle something that already existed. Then with Smash the precedent for using the existing images with minor edits has already been established.
Oh. ..... Well this is embarrassing 😅

Thanks though.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That's a funny way to spell the Keyblade Graveyard:
Haha, would you belive me if I said you are right and I did intend to say Keyblade Graveyard.

Back