• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Static Shock - Michael B Jordan to produce Static Shock film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
“I’m proud to be a part of building a new universe centered around black superheroes; our community deserves that,” said Jordan in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “Outlier Society is committed to bringing to life diverse comic book content across all platforms and we are excited to partner with Reggie and Warner Bros on this initial step.”

Outlier will be in the creative center of the Static feature and for Jordan, a comic book fan, this is an opportunity for not only for some world-building but to be directly involved in franchise-building. Should the first movie spark a hit, a multi-platform franchise could be born.

Michael B. Jordan, Outlier Society to Produce DC Movie 'Static Shock' (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

Soldier

Awards
Holy shoot, a Static Shock movie? I'll admit I learned about static shock maybe about 2 years ago, and legitimately enjoyed it. Phil Lamarr gave him a unique identity rarely seen, and I loved watching it online. Hated how it ended though, could've used a better wrap up.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
About time! I never understood how Shazam got a movie before Static Shock. Now I’m definitely going to rewatch the series and crossover episodes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm definitely hyped. Static is one of my favorite heroes and I've wanted a film for him for years. I am also going to rewatch the series because man...it's been awhile.

Holy shoot, a Static Shock movie? I'll admit I learned about static shock maybe about 2 years ago, and legitimately enjoyed it. Phil Lamarr gave him a unique identity rarely seen, and I loved watching it online. Hated how it ended though, could've used a better wrap up.

No shame in that! Static Shock is accessible no matter when you are coming into it.

Yeah, it was a weak ending but it was because the show got cancelled due to low merchandise sales. It was an absolute shame because it was clear Dwayne McDuffie had so many more ideas to explore (considering he hadn't even touched storylines from the original comics and he definitely was interested in bringing some of that to the table)

Hopefully this will bring some new life to Static. It took awhile for Milestone and DC to work out their issues again, but I'm glad this time around they seem like they are going to try and do right by them.

Soldier

Awards
I'm definitely hyped. Static is one of my favorite heroes and I've wanted a film for him for years. I am also going to rewatch the series because man...it's been awhile.

No shame in that! Static Shock is accessible no matter when you are coming into it.

Yeah, it was a weak ending but it was because the show got cancelled due to low merchandise sales. It was an absolute shame because it was clear Dwayne McDuffie had so many more ideas to explore (considering he hadn't even touched storylines from the original comics and he definitely was interested in bringing some of that to the table)

Hopefully this will bring some new life to Static. It took awhile for Milestone and DC to work out their issues again, but I'm glad this time around they seem like they are going to try and do right by them.
I know right, god, so many shows went belly up just because of low toy sales. If you're not a money making juggernaut like Ben 10 (another one of Dwayne McDuffie's projects) you're getting the shaft. I think what made me like Virgil the most was that he realized the practical applications of his powers and used them with his environment, as opposed to just repeatedly zapping his foes to unconsciousness. Plus a lot of his rogues gallery consisted of enemies that were immune to him (Aquamaria, Rubberbandman, etc.) and watching him deal with that was always great. I'm glad they're showing more attention to C list heroes in the DC universe. Yeah, Virgil Hawkins is also in Young Justice, but because of the overwhelming amount of heroes, he's not featured that often.
(also, I hope they bring back the aluminum disk he uses for transportation, it's too iconic).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Hell yes. I've wanted a live action Static Shock for ages. I'm hoping Hot streak is the main villain. Or better yet Holocaust.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This sounds interesting. I always like Static Shock from way back in the day. I hope Ebon is the villain. Just as long as Richie is there.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Oh this is great news, I know Static is one of those heroes many people had been hoping to get the spotlight again.

I hope now that DC and McDuffie's widow have worked out a deal, we'll get more of Virgil. Maybe even a new Static Shock animated series? Though I am a bit worried, if anyone else than McDuffie can quite capture the character's spirit.

Back