• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Startup Programs?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I've been looking around, and I know I've had a program for it before, but I cannot for the life of me find a program or software that takes care of unnecessary startup programs that slow down your computer when booting up.

Something free would be nice. Then again, I'm starting to question whether this particular program even exists.

Thanks!

1+1=FISHXD

well you can use task manager to close all unnecessary programs that are running in the background that helps speed up your computer hopes that answers your question xD

Marly

Awards
Hrm, I know I can do that, I guess I thought there would be a program that would be able to differentiate between necessary and unnecessary. Maybe if I could find a list of what I need to make sure not to disable. . . if such a thing exists.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
The list of programs you can disable at startup probably depends on your computer. Best bet would be to probably just run msconfig, disable the programs you know you don't need, and maybe google the ones you're not sure about.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
windows key + r (run function), type in "msconfig"

there, under the "startup" tab, you can browse through all items that start up in your computer. Uncheck all of the ones you don't want/don't think you'll need. Under the "services" tab, check "hide all microsoft services" at the lower right hand corner (you'll need those), and just do what you did with the startup items.

If you find something you're unfamiliar with, gts mayne. At the end of all of this, your computer should be running at least a little bit faster.

edit: Just to let you know, you may have to try it out a few times before you get everything working the way you want it. Just experiment a little bit, because sometimes you'll disable things that you find you'll need. On my laptop, for example, if I disable my touchpad driver (which seems pretty useless, I'll admit) I can't use the scroll part on the side of my touch pad to scroll up and down on pages. It's a small thing, so I keep it running because I enjoy the benefits.

Like I said, just play around and see what's right for you.

Marly

Awards
Thank you all for the help :3 much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back