• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Starborne: The Vendetta - Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearheart

Note: I apologize for the following double-post, but it was made apparent to me, due to certain errors on the forum's server, that making long posts is difficult/impossible to do. As a result, I had to split up the introductory post into many smaller ones.

Inspired by shoot'em ups such as Gradius, R-Type, Galaga, and many of those smaller, obscurer ones, as well as the large hadron collider.

Five hundred years ago, our civilization was at the beginning of a new era. We fully understood the laws of nature that governed our world, and we had turned to the cosmos, to further our understanding of the starlit void. We began to recreate the stars on the surface of our planet; they would usually be short lived, burning for a few hours, before growing dim and quietly dying into a small, but dense ball of electron-degenerate matter. All of this changed when we created star SB-2312-0007.

During the studies of SB-2312-0007, or Wyrm, as we now call it, the star inexplicably collapsed on itself, creating a miniature black hole. This small black hole sank to the center of our world and began to consume it; we had only two decades before the black hole's consumption of our planet would cause it to collapse on itself. The technology to leave the surface of our homeworld would naturally arrive very quickly, after all, necessity is the mother of invention. Unfortunately, there was a problem, the technology was expensive, and difficult to produce on such great scales. A select few were chosen by our world's governments, and allowed to dwell in large, orbiting colonies around our dying world.

The foretold day of destruction at last came, and the planet caved in, disappearing into the unseen maw of the black hole. The colonies still orbited the black hole, spared the complete and instant fate billions more had suffered. It seemed our end had been delayed just that much longer.

Gearheart

It is Astral Year 500, and the fifth centennial of our home planet's destruction. Since the calamity centuries before, we have met other races that dwell throughout the universe, and achieved even greater and more advanced technology through our meetings with them. Many have chosen to leave the colonies to live amongst our interstellar allies, but the colonies and their remaining inhabitants still peaceably orbit the black hole of Wyrm; well, until the arrival of the Wyrmians. They arose from the dark heart of Wyrm, and attacked the colonies without mercy.

The Wyrmians, the creatures born of the black hole, were very alien in appearance. These creatures all share similar characteristics: a humanoid, bipedal structure, a hard, black, metallic carapace with a deep blue shimmer, semi-translucent blue eyes that seem to glow, and no orifices of any kind. They speak our language fluently, yet how they speak is unknown since they have no moving facial parts such as mouths or nostrils. Attempts to dissect captured Wyrmians result in tragedy, as at the moment any surgical tool penetrates their carapace, they are completely incinerated in a small but potent explosion.

Now, only one force can stop the total destruction of the colonies by the Wyrmians: the elite Starborne wing. They are a hastily made coalition of the universe's most skilled pilots, fliers of great innovations in military technology. Starborne is our only hope against these Wyrmians.

I assume you all understand the rules already set up, so all I can say is use some common sense. Now, keep in mind Bios for characters and their vehicles are two different things.

Character Bios should follow the below.

Name: (Full name, including nicknames and titles.)

Race: (Race, not limited to Humans or Wyrmians, feel free to make your own.)

Physical Appearance: (All physical details such as height, weight, body structure, clothing, etc.)

Bio: (All biographical details such as personality, history, etc.)

Bios for your vehicles should be as below.

Name: (Full name of the vehicle, including production numbers and aliases.)

Type: (General purpose of the vehicle, I.E. bomber, fighter, interceptor, etc.)

Physical Appearance: (Physical Details such as wingspan, length, height, design, color scheme, etc.)

Armament: (Equipment and weaponry, usually things such as aiming computers, sensors, communication systems, guns, missiles, bombs, etc.)

Bio: (General information on the vehicle, such as production history, overall performance, etc.)

My bios will be up shortly, I thank anyone who decides to contribute to the RP.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Okay, I'm confused. You got two different setups for two different topics for this thread. Is this also the sign up? Oh well, I'll just post a temp just in case.

Template:

Name: Lt. Barntai "Reaper" Erenos

Race: Caltorian

Caltorian: Though Human in appearance, this race has a different begining and evolution path. This has led to a set of abilities not yet attained by humans and will probably take another set thousand or even million number of years. Those born of the Caltorian race each have the ability of telepathic communication between those of the same race within a set distance and even advanced physical attributes. What is average for a very fit human male, an average Caltorian is equivalent to three times as much. This features enhanced strength, reflexes, sight and hearing. Homeworld is Caltoria III of the Parntanies System.

Physical Appearance:
guys225.jpg

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 139 lbs

Clothing: On-duty uniform seen above.

Off duty: The clothes, not the guy.

Bio:

Personality: A fun-lover that would much rather go to a bar than to pilot his Starborne vehicle. He prefers to take things easy at one point but if given enough alcohol will love to start a fight in the bar that he is in. Other than the fights and loafing around he also finds it enjoyable to read from a paper-filled book, something that not many like due to the ability to just download the material into a personal datapad and read it from there and have a light included. Has a habit of saying quotes from his favorite works.

Starborne Vehicle:

Name: Starborne Fighter Unit Xr-361. AKA "Deathscythe"(I did not rip this off from Gundam Wing! It just happens to fit.)

Type: Fighter

Physical Appearance:

Wingspan: 35 ft

Height: 15 ft

Length: 58 ft

Color: Black with the exception of the cockpit windows which are a dark blue.

Design: Sword

Inspired by the shape of the sword with the wings set in the back next to the primary thrusters.

Armament:

Bio-sensor: A sensor designed to detect any type of life-form within a 500 mile radius but is ultra-sensitive.

Radar: Self-explanitory.

Infared: A system to turns the color of the windows a deep read that enables the pilot to see in the infared spectrum.

Infared Targeting: A targeting system that allows the user to pick the target based upon heat signature. Can be used for all missle-type weapons.

Phonic Sensor: A sensor that picks up on the vibrations of objects within a 300 mile radius. Highly accurate but limited range.

Phonic Targeting: A targeting system designed to use the phonic sensor.

Stealth: A system that supresses any sign of action to aid in going through hostile territory unoticed.

Weaponry:

Missle-type:

Vortex Missle: A missle that uses the technology created for the stars of old. Upon detonation, a black hole forms for a set time of three seconds that compresses any matter in the reach of 10 miles into an energy state. Carries two at a time.

Creeping Fire: A missles that utilizes the natural force of fire. Upon contact the target is covered in a higly potent excelerant that ignites on its own. The fire speeds across the surface of the target and overheats the system while melting all circuitry. Mostly used to capture live specimens. Carries two at a time.

Voltage: A missle that utilizes the abilities of electricity. Upon detenation the system inside the missle creates a small lightning storm to disable the systems of the target and attack the engine itself that causes an explosive reaction. Carries two at a time.

Ballistics:

Vulcan Cannon x2: A bassic turrent type machine gun placed inside of the device. Able to fire 400 rounds per second but has very limited ammunition. Carries 5000 rounds.

Plasma Blaster: A blaster system that is twice as powerful as the Vulcan Cannon. Uses the natural heat of the system and electrical power of an onboard battery so is capable of infitite rounds. Quickly overheats so rapid-fire capabilites are limited and takes a total of 10 seconds to cool down thanks to a liquid nitrogen cooling system.

Bio:

I'll finish the rest once I can think of it. The vehicle itself took alot of effort.

Last edited:

Gearheart

Sorry, I'm confused now, what do you mean by two different topics and setups?
This is the sign up thread, as well as discussion.

(One of my characters's bios was formerly here, but I've decided against posting it right now, since I would have to make a string of FIVE posts to post it all, and that's just too much.)

Last edited:

Gearheart

(Deleted because the forum's just too screwed up to handle a post any longer than three paragraphs.)

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Well, esentially you asked for feedback on the idea AND templates. But I ain't gettin' any problems with the limit. Only times I had problems with a type of limit is when I tried to copy and paste some abilities. Are you gettin' the 404 Error page?

Gearheart

I don't remember asking for feedback, maybe you were referring to Leonheart? He recently posted a topic asking for some help on the issue of creating an rp.

Also, I am getting the 404 error page, it generally only appears when I make too long a post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back