• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Square Ninja said:
Am I the only who had a problem with the Yoda/Sidious battle? They're both the most powerful of their respective orders, yet they still fight like any Jedi knight. To me, Yoda and Sidious seemed powerful enough not to use their lightsabers. They're both essentially one with the Force. I think it should have been more about a struggle between their will, not just jumping and throwing the occasional seat. If Sidious is so powerful and willing, shouldn't he be able to use the Force to crush the Senate building or start raining down ships on the city? He could have used that to make a deal with Yoda: leave or I'll demolish this city/planet.
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's quite sad, the plot-holes and disappointment George Lucas has wrought.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I love all six Star Wars films but my favorite out of the six is still Empire Strikes Back. The whole Vader/Luke saber fight in the film was excellent. My second favorite would definitely be Revenge of the Sith, which had some of the best lightsaber duels I've ever seen.

Evarae

Square Ninja said:
So am I the only one here that thinks that Episodes I-III were crap? They're not necessarily crappy movies, but they suck at being Star Wars films (though I did enjoy Episode III more than the other two). First, there were all of these contradictions in the first episode. Back in when Episode IV was made, Obi-Wan said that Yoda was his master. In Episode I, Yoda was not his master. In Episode IV, Obi-Wan said that when he met Anakin, he was a great starpilot. In Episode I, Anakin is a whiny little kid. The list goes on.

Secondly, George Lucas can't tell a good story to save his life. In the earlier trilogy, Lucas worked with other directors and writers. That's why they were so enjoyable. When Lucas made Episodes I-III, he went without aid. The evidence is in the dialogue, just listen. George Lucas may have created the Star Wars universe, but he isn't very good at writing a good plot. He's like the John Carmack of sci-fi films. He can create marvelous worlds, but can't do much with them.

Thirdly, the casting in Episodes I-III blow (aside from Ewan McGregor, he made a good Obi-Wan Kenobi). You don't believe me? Just look at Anakin, but I guess that ties in with the writing. Couldn't we get a little more of a "badass" for the guy who eventually became Darth Vader?

Lastly, I loathe Jar-Jar Binks.

I agree with you with the casting and almost everything you said, but the only thing that I don't agree with is the contradictions you said at the start.
When Obi-Wan referred Yoda as his master, he went by Yoda being the highest rank in the Order and when when Obi-Wan told Luke about when he met Anakin, he was reffering to the whole incident in episode 1.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
chaywa said:
Totally agree with u about all 6 films, although I did think Return of the Jedi the best, Ewoks rule!

EPISODE 3!!!!
EPISODE 3!!!!
EPISODE 3!!!!
EPISODE 3!!!!
EPISODE 3!!!!
EPISODE 3!!!!
EPISODE 3!!!!
EPISODE 3 IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EWOKS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Evarae said:
When Obi-Wan referred Yoda as his master, he went by Yoda being the highest rank in the Order...

So just because Yoda was the highest in the order means that he taught Obi-Wan by proxy? Please...

Evarae said:
...and when when Obi-Wan told Luke about when he met Anakin, he was reffering to the whole incident in episode 1.

Anakin in Epsidoe I was a star pilot when he met Obi-Wan?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Square Ninja said:
So just because Yoda was the highest in the order means that he taught Obi-Wan by proxy? Please...
You could argue that because Yoday taught Dooku and Dooku taught Qui-Gon, that Obi-Wan was indirectly taught by Yoda. But nyeh...

I'm not good when it comes to plot-hole and contradiction observations but one of the ones I was able to point out was that in RotS, Luke was born first, then Leia. Which totally goes against the whole Luke asking Leia what their mother was like in RotJ, which lead us to believe Leia was born first.

George Lucas f*cked up.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Johnny Stooge said:
...one of the ones I was able to point out was that in RotS, Luke was born first, then Leia. Which totally goes against the whole Luke asking Leia what their mother was like in RotJ, which lead us to believe Leia was born first.

No, it doesn't...unless they weren't twins in Episodes IV-VI. I always assumed they were twins.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Johnny Stooge said:
That's not what I mean. I know they're twins.

But when twins are born, one comes out before the other one does.

Yes, one twin is going to remember its mother that died shortly after it was born because it was born first.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Square Ninja said:
Yes, one twin is going to remember its mother that died shortly after it was born because it was born first.
Well, I don't know.

Why would Luke ask Leia what their mother like?

I just got the impression that Leia was the first one out. I know you're not going to be able to remember anything when you're just a couple of seconds old, but she gave an answer.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Johnny Stooge said:
Well, I don't know.

Why would Luke ask Leia what their mother like?

I just got the impression that Leia was the first one out. I know you're not going to be able to remember anything when you're just a couple of seconds old, but she gave an answer.

She could have heard about her mother before.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Ehh... Who really knows. But I found this:

http://www.supershadow.com said:
Great web site. I read the novel versions of Episodes 6 and 3 and sometimes Episode 6 contradicts Episode 3. Ex. # 1. In Episode 6, Luke Skywalker asks Leia: "Do you remember your mother, your real mother?" Leia: "Just a little bit. She died when I was very young." HOW COULD SHE HAVE! SHE WAS AN INFANT! (SuperShadow: Mega plot errors. 50 megatons lethal.)

TwilightGuardian

Star Wars Episode 3 is well good, cant wait till it comes out on DVD. I honestly think though, even if it has cool effects the originals are much better.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
TwilightGuardian said:
Star Wars Episode 3 is well good, cant wait till it comes out on DVD. I honestly think though, even if it has cool effects the originals are much better.
I wouldn't even go so far to even call the effects "cool" or "special". There was really nothing special about them, you realize that after you notice that they are in every scene.

Bear

Ouranophobic
lol Master_T...
The old movies were only 'cool' because it was the first real movie to have specail effects in it...It was amazing when it came out into theater
( I am asuming ) And is even better in the specail edition dvd's because he went back and fixed a couple of scene's.
star wars episode 1 was a litle disapointing...But not bad.
2 was okay, I still watch it every now and then.
3 was friggin awesome....But could have been better.
And as for goerge lucas deciding not to make 7-9....Shame on him!

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
blondehairedkidX said:
lol Master_T...
The old movies were only 'cool' because it was the first real movie to have specail effects in it...

No, it wasn't. They had some clever ways to make their special effects, but it's definitely not the first movie to use them.

blondehairedkidX said:
And as for goerge lucas deciding not to make 7-9....Shame on him!

No, I thank him for not continuing the story. It's already been done before. Haven't you ever heard of the "Extended Universe" books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back