• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Star Wars Film

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
As blasphemous as this sounds, I'm just glad we're getting something animated that hasn't been influenced by Dave Filoni. I need flavor, variety, new and bold perspectives.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So excited for all of the future non-film stuff. It’s going to be a god damn blast. This franchise has needed something fresh for awhile.

Mind you, I’ve enjoyed Mando and TBB but I am so ready to see a new take on the IP without the forceful hand of the current canon holding it down.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Visions turned out pretty cool. Not all of them hit the spot for me, but some of them really did work and I think their takes on the Star Wars mythos is almost better than some of the mainline stuff. The Ninth Jedi's handling of the lightsaber for example just really worked for me.

I'm rather surprised that many of them ended on an open note, I'm somewhat hoping we'll get another season to continue some of these storylines. Some of them feel like they could make for good mini series of their own.

I feel like I really got the most joy out of them when I stopped trying to imagine them as part of the greater Star Wars Universe and more like Final Fantasy instalments where a similar lore and mythology exists but it's all it's own thing. So while there are a Republic, an Empire, Sith, Jedi and so on, I felt it worked best when they were seen as their own things that are similar and represent the same concept but aren't exactly the same.

The Japanese steampunk aesthetic mixed with Star Wars-isms really worked for me. I guess it's not too surprising seeing Star Wars does take inspiration from Japanese culture.

One thing that did disappoint me was that they didn't really use this opportunity to examine the world from outside the Jedi focus. But I can't really blame the studios for making Jedi narratives. If I were allowed to craft my own story in the SW universe, I'd probably also choose to follow a force sensitive character.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Visions turned out pretty cool. Not all of them hit the spot for me, but some of them really did work and I think their takes on the Star Wars mythos is almost better than some of the mainline stuff. The Ninth Jedi's handling of the lightsaber for example just really worked for me.

I'm rather surprised that many of them ended on an open note, I'm somewhat hoping we'll get another season to continue some of these storylines. Some of them feel like they could make for good mini series of their own.

I feel like I really got the most joy out of them when I stopped trying to imagine them as part of the greater Star Wars Universe and more like Final Fantasy instalments where a similar lore and mythology exists but it's all it's own thing. So while there are a Republic, an Empire, Sith, Jedi and so on, I felt it worked best when they were seen as their own things that are similar and represent the same concept but aren't exactly the same.

The Japanese steampunk aesthetic mixed with Star Wars-isms really worked for me. I guess it's not too surprising seeing Star Wars does take inspiration from Japanese culture.

One thing that did disappoint me was that they didn't really use this opportunity to examine the world from outside the Jedi focus. But I can't really blame the studios for making Jedi narratives. If I were allowed to craft my own story in the SW universe, I'd probably also choose to follow a force sensitive character.

I agree with everything. While it’s great that Lucasfilm gave them complete freedom I would have given the studios a warning that the Jedi, Lightsaber and Force stories would be done by other studios.

They all do it differently and beautifully, but it really felt over saturated with it. Which is why I like Tatooine Rhapsody so much, it began with the lost Jedi trope and completely moved away from it.

Regardless of that negative, I deeply enjoyed this.

LostArtist

Awards
Just finished the 4th episode village bride:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Just finished the 4th episode village bride:

Spoiler Spoiler Show
That's something i also really liked. Rebels brushed upon it too once, but it was kind of nice, seeing how it was integrated into their culture.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Never considered myself a huge SW fan, just casually watching the theatrical releases. Blame it on lockdown, but I've been consuming more of its media as of late: catching up on The Clone Wars, High Republic (comic), Rebels (manga adaptation) and now this.

Just finished The Ninth Jedi, and I must say, I've been fully engrossed in these vignettes so far, despite not knowing (or caring to know) too much of the timeline or the lore.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
So, I got the book 'Light of the Jedi' for christmas, and I found myself hooked on The High Republic - have been binge-reading all of phase 1 these last couple of months.
There are so many different characters to keep track of, but it has felt so rewarding to see smaller side characters show up in several stories, and then you realise that in the overarching story that character is actually playing a much bigger role, than most of the novels' main characters are.
I have truly been enjoying my time with Phase 1, here as I am about to start reading my last book 'Midnight Horizon'. I am stoked for Phase 2, and curious to see how different the High Republic looks 150 years further in the past (ca. 382 BBY).

Anyway, 40 days until Celebration. Here's hoping for some news on movies and animation :D

For Light and Life

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
RUMOR: Season 2 of Star Wars Visions to release this fall.
I hope it's true. While not all episodes were my cup of tea, I did like seeing the different takes on the world and mythos. Hopefully with this being season 2 we might get other aspects of the universe other than Jedi and Sith.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Ireland, eh? I wonder which animation studios will be involved, maybe Studio Meala, Boulder Media, Brown Bag Films or Cartoon Saloon? 🤔

Looking forward to it 😄

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Well this has been an eventful week for SW! I'm loving Kenobi so far. The trailers for Bad Batch S2 and Andor have amazing editing, so I'm sold.

Back