• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Star Wars Film

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I just realized that concept art for episode 7 had Kira(Rey) going underwater and exploring the ruins of the Death Star. That’s obviously a piece of the laser dish at the end of the teaser.

“It’s like poetry, it rhymes.”
aB8YO4O_700b.jpg

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
personally, i'm not very optimistic about it after seeing the trailer and the title
but i'd love to be pleasantly surprised by the final film.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
A surprise to be sure but a welcomed one. I can’t wait to see the senate in action again.

I would sacrifice my first born to get an ahsoka mention or better yet a quick glimpse.

- I personally don’t think he’s a ghost cause that goes against old and new canon that Sith’s can persists past death.
Bringing Palpatine back fully might derail things something though as not only would it question Anakins sacrifice to finally free the galaxy of this guy it would also pit Rey and her friends against an evil the galaxy has already overcome.
Therefore I'll stick with the explanation that he's just a sort of specter or, like in some works already seen, a prerecorded message.

Heck, maybe Palps has his own Sith Holocron that can talk.

Ideally Ahsoka, Sabine, Ezra and Thrawn. But since they're all more or less completely confined to TV-esque work I don't expect them to show up in actual movie canon.
I'm content that we're finally getting Lando back.

Only in the movies though as even in the old EU there were dozens of dead Sith spirits roaming around, be it Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun, Palpatine himself or Vitiate/Valkorion, who persisted in some way for more than 1300 years.
The skill of consciousness transfer was also a thing in the old EU where the dark side of the force allowed to place your own essence into a new body/host upon death und Palpatine actually did this twice.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I just remembered in canon a Sith called Momin has his "consciousness" inside one of his artifacts. George views the Sith as worldly individuals and it makes sense that they would "cheat" death by using items and nexuses/nexi? of the force.

As for the Palpy scenarios:
  • Those sentinel contingency droids from Operation Cinder in Battlefront
  • An illusion of the Dark Side like Darth Bane in Season 6 of Clone Wars, maybe the death star became a Dark Side nexus.
  • ....C..clo...clon..clone. I pray they don't go there.
  • Flashback?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Finally, the cherry on top. New Clone Wars trailer. I can't wait for Siege of Mandalore.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
If I had to guess, I believe it will be revealed that Snoke was really a Force Projection of the Emperor's like Luke did in Last Jedi. Or he was possessed by Palpatine. And he set up Kylo to be the new Vader but tested him with Snoke to see if he'd also betray him. Or something.

I actually like the title and I agree with Spockanort, I think the New Order that Rey will build post-Jedi will be called the Skywalkers. And also:

Revenge of the Sith - Dark Side wins
Return of the Jedi - Light side of wins
The Rise of Skywalker - Balance, since that was the point of Anakin's prophecy.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
^ The light side being different from balance is a common misconception. The light side IS balance, the natural order of things. The dark side is a perverted and twisted form that clashes with the will of the force. There are force-sensitive characters that behave grey and complex but the force is a clean cut dichotomy(which then splits into the cosmic and the living).

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The shot with fleet of Star Destroyers...Stunning.
Do my deceive me or are those Imperial class Star Destroyers? They don’t seem like the model the First Order uses.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The shot with fleet of Star Destroyers...Stunning.
Do my deceive me or are those Imperial class Star Destroyers? They don’t seem like the model the First Order uses.

You are correct! They were supposed to all be destroyed but I’m assuming like Palpatine, these were hidden in some remote corner of the galaxy.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Makes sense seeing how Ol Palpy was obsessed with the Unknown Regions.

I just remembered that in Rebels the Temple Guards use the same lightsaber as Dark Rey.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Rey's lightsaber having an unstable blade like Kylo Ren's makes me think this is probably an illusion, dream, or vision.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Do I spot the Ghost from Star Wars Rebels among the massive fleet of the Resistance/New Republic?EPIX_Final_Trailer_Ghost_marked.png
It's definitely a VCX-100 Freighter, that much is clear.
If it is the Ghost, question is if it is still Hera flying it or if her son took over the cockpit.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
Do I spot the Ghost from Star Wars Rebels among the massive fleet of the Resistance/New Republic?View attachment 11993
It's definitely a VCX-100 Freighter, that much is clear.
If it is the Ghost, question is if it is still Hera flying it or if her son took over the cockpit.
I think the better question is does that mean we will get a live action grey master ashoka???????

Back