• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Star Wars Film

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: Star Wars Discussion Thread

If I have to like the phantom menace to be a true Star Wars fan, then I choose not to be a true fan. The phantom menace was a pile of poo with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and also has one of the most annoying characters in existence.

What was so bad about Qui Gon Jinn and Darth Maul?

Raebus

Jar Jar binks makes all good qualities associated with the phantom menace void/non existant.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

Ever notice how the lightsaber duels were actually interesting in the Old Trilogy? You could actually tell what the fuck was going on and they were tense. There may not have been fancy spins and flips, but the pacing was deliberate and fantastic. Each move was carefully calculated. They felt like how an actual duel works.

then again pretty much everything about the old trilogy is better so w/e

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

God I'm way too into star wars at the moment. I'm playing KOTOR and reading Shadows of the Empire haha,.

Best Star Wars games I ever played (besides battlefront). They were AMAZING =D

Aww...what are you doing George?

t1larg.light.saber.courtesy.jpg

I don't know, I can see the resemblance. Maybe they are trying to copy the design.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

wow i just saw the trailer for the Clone Wars Season 3....ill be in shock if (which they most likely will do) kill off a certain character.

The only thing i liked about the mini-series more is that they show you more of Anakins ambitions and hidden feelings.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

El Coquí;5195834 said:
wow i just saw the trailer for the Clone Wars Season 3....ill be in shock if (which they most likely will do) kill off a certain character.

The only thing i liked about the mini-series more is that they show you more of Anakins ambitions and hidden feelings.

I've been wondering actually...doesn't Asoka HAVE to die? She was never shown in Episode 3. I understand they didn't think of her at the time, but if she did survive after the clone wars and Order 66, where could she be? Hiding like Yoda and the others? Or did the clones end up killing her?

And yeah, Anakin doesn't SEEM like he's going to the dark side in THIS series, unlike the old one. But if Asoka died, that pain could help explain his fall even more.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

The Empire Strikes Back overall had the best story/plot-line. Episode III was just a soap opera I could have flipped up a few channels to watch; had it not been for Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Bail Organa's actors/characters, I would've changed the channel.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I'm suprised revenge of the sith have more votes then ep.5 but I cant disagree, it is the best of them
the second movie sucked most of the time but it had a great end (yoda fight etc)

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

the 2 best by far are Revenge of the Sith and the Empire Strikes Back. The reason I like Ep.3 more is because it shows Anakin's direct fall to the Dark Side. Also (since ive seen like every single SW documentary) George Lucas has stated that he wanted to make a story of a hero and that he wanted to show that the "Galaxy's greatest Villian was also it's greatest victim". That is why i love Ep.3 more.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

Cade Skywalker better been in the top 10.

And the old series was outstanding. The animation, the action, emotion, is what all contributed to its sucess. Genndy was a perfect choice in creating the series. I especially love Mace Windu vs Droids, and Anakin vs Asajj Ventress.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

Are you referring to Clone Wars (Cartoon Network), or The Clone Wars? If you were indeed meaning the former, then I'd agree with you on it greatly. The whole point that they made of short, sweet episodes that were rather action packed, yet still held enough storyline worth is what I loved about it.

ShylillinaX100

Star Wars Franchise

Early today, my little brother was looking at what new movies will be released for this year and next year. And he came arcoss Star Wars: Episode 1- The Phantom Menace in Feb in 2012. I don't know if they added anything to it or re-changed some of the graohics in the film =/ But it is going to be in 3D.

I want to know what you guys think of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Re: Star Wars: Episode 1- The Phantom Menace Re-release o_O

My question is: why? Nobody liked it.

ShylillinaX100

well I don't know O.O
It did kinda suck, I am a bit of a fan of star wars but I'm not that big into it and yes number one did suck-I liked it when I was younger but its rubbish now.

Even the Star Wars clone Wars suck but I watch it coz of the battle driods ^^ they're really funy. But I ask the same question as well D=? WHY?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

George Lucas was talking about rereleasing all 6 movies in 3D in theaters. I guess he's releasing them in chronological order.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

1) if jarjar was quieter the film wouldve been awesome...it was just great
2)why does everything have to be in 3D now a day so dumb
3)im a megaSW fan/nerd but im not going to see this in 3D it didnt need 3D to be great

Back