• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Star Wars Film

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: Star Wars: Episode 7

[video=youtube;_WFoddLKWlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_WFoddLKWlw[/video]

look at that variety

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I have a very high tolerance; I dont complain about Jarjar nearly as much as anyone.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

Yes, please keep Abrams away from this. He's worse than Lucas.

I'm honestly surprised Spieldberg isn't jumping at this job, considering how tight he is with George Lucas.

I think its cause they are suh good friends and Spieldberg probably did not want to tamper directly with Lucas' greatest work out of respect and friendship.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

This can't be the first time you've seen/heard Lucas-bashing before.

No its not and yet I see no reason for bashing the guy. SW was his creation and he is allowed to make as many revisions to the story before its completion as much as he wants right? On top of that while he always saw his works as 1 whole movie with 6 that told Anakin's story he had created early scripts, storylines, characters, etc for a sequal trilogy that he (at the time) decided against doing. So while some people are saying Lucas never knows what he is doing with SW 1) his stories and he can do what he wants, 2) he never ever though SW would be a hit to begin with but the man was prepared, 3) over 90% of the SW universe was on created to add to the Ever Expanding Universe he created. You think you can do better or add bette stories go pick up a pen and start writing like many SW fans-turned-authors have done. 4) he is not Kubo (Bleach). While he may not have planned on doing certain things right away he had plans.

Just some fun facts for those who didn't know Lucas' original script that he was writing in '73 had the events in all 3 movies placed into one movie that would end with the Empire's destruction and the destruction of the first (and only in that script) Deathstar. While i can easily go on with the changes made to A New Hope if he always saw the 6 movies as 1 film and story than its fair to say that the new Trilogy will be its on story that continues the Skywalker Legacy that began with Anakin Skywalker. Its the same as the KOTOR games and SWTOR that in a video game tell 1 story with many parts or the Legacy Comics that is one story broken up into 11 parts that is tells the story of the last living Skywalker. Once again i dont see the need or reason for bashing Lucas at the moment

JustSnilloc

[video=youtube;_WFoddLKWlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_WFoddLKWlw[/video]

look at that variety

I see nothing wrong with that... However, I don't see how anyone could seriously share the same opinion as the the people commenting. It would take having to just hate the character for the sake of wanting to hate the character to feel like that

>_>

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

SW was his creation and he is allowed to make as many revisions to the story before its completion as much as he wants right?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

lucas was allowed to do whatever he wanted with his movies

that doesn't make them good `3`

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Yeah his slang was cool. He was the like the Indian dude from That 70's Show except made for Star Wars. A lot cooler than C3P0.

The difference between the two of them is that Fez is actually funny.

Jar Jar Binks is that kid you knew in high school who was disliked by everyone but thinks he's the funniest clown in town.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Lucas did a great job setting things up with the first three movies.

But really, the fans have done so much with EU that the original lore is damn near trivial by comparison.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

Lucas did a great job setting things up with the first three movies.

But really, the fans have done so much with EU that the original lore is damn near trivial by comparison.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. <----- you must be a Jedi since you speak so much sense my good sir. Yet this is also very true and it at times make people question this that are going on in the Prequals and Trilogys (even I have to go back to reference things many times so I'm constatly learning more SW lore)

JustSnilloc

The difference between the two of them is that Fez is actually funny.

Jar Jar Binks is that kid you knew in high school who was disliked by everyone but thinks he's the funniest clown in town.

When did Jar Jar ever think of himself as funny?

Ezekiel

I don't see anything wrong with Jar Jar. I mean, he isn't that great of a character but I don't get why people hate on him so much.

And I agree with 'El Coqui'. I don't really see a reason to bash on Lucas. Yes, the prequels would have been better if he hadn't directed them but I still like them. Although the cheesy romance kinda sucked.

I hope they don't "resurrect" Darth Vader for these movies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I simply blame him for the Clone Wars. Thats about all the complaining I do.

Anyways what is with all the Lucasbashing going on here!?

Yeah, he started the whole thing after being pressurized a little bit. I forget the details, but he was the Gavel. the first gunshot in battle. etc.

Back