• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Star Wars Rebels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supermonkey64

Re: Star Wars Rebels to air in 2014 on Disney XD

It would be interesting to see Ahsoka Tano and Starkiller in the new show.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

This could actually turn out to be a really good series. Maybe even better than clone wars. The people who are working on this show have worked on Gargoyles, spectacular spiderman, and Young Justice, three crtically acclaimed animated shows. Though I probably should wait for a trailer before I get my hopes up

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Any Greg Weisman show is a show I will watch. I just want one show of his to break his two season curse.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

As long as it sells merchandise and brings in a lot of viewers, then it should do fine.

Disney is a bit different when it comes to these things. Star Wars already sells merchandise, so I doubt this will be a major factor to Disney because they have quite a few long-running cartoons that have little merchandising and are well on their way into a third or fourth season.

There are series that did fantastic and even had merch that were not renewed, and others that they cancelled because they didn't expect to bring in an older demographic. Or just cancelled them to cancel them. Like the Clone Wars, or Spectacular Spider-Man (a Greg Weisman show that had fantastic ratings :O ) or the recently cancelled Avengers show to bring in that new Avengers show despite the fantastic ratings. In the end it is more up to how much money Disney is willing to spend on a show and how they feel that day.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

i suppose with the cancellation of the clone wars and the new series taking place between episode 3 and 4, we are closing the chapter on the prequel saga for good

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I'm glad Weisman was able to find work again. Hopefully he'll be treated better by this network
Disney doesnt have a great track record for good treatment of employees, but here's hoping.

Clone wars had me hooked with the possibilities for storytelling, so id like to see what this new series brings.

My only potential problem is what it will mean for the DVD/Blu-ray.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

This show sounds pretty promessing I'm kind of hoping they'll kind of pick up where Clone Wars ended. I really want to know what happens to Ahsoka, I really grew to like her.

Any Greg Weisman show is a show I will watch. I just want one show of his to break his two season curse.

Yeah, I completely agree. I'd probably watch any show he would work on. Heck, one of the main reasons I'm giving "Beware of the Batman" cartoon a chance is because he worked on a few episodes and told his fans to give it a try. I really hope he can finally break that stupid 2 season curse he has going, I really want this one to have at least 5 seasons.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

This show sounds pretty promessing I'm kind of hoping they'll kind of pick up where Clone Wars ended. I really want to know what happens to Ahsoka, I really grew to like her.

Yeah, I completely agree. I'd probably watch any show he would work on. Heck, one of the main reasons I'm giving "Beware of the Batman" cartoon a chance is because he worked on a few episodes and told his fans to give it a try. I really hope he can finally break that stupid 2 season curse he has going, I really want this one to have at least 5 seasons.

the show is taking place between episodes 3 and 4.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

the show is taking place between episodes 3 and 4.

I didn't mean it as in right away, but picking up the threads left dangling from Clone Wars. Like the most obvious one what will happen to Ahsoka or now rather what has happened to her.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Re: Star Wars Rebels (2014)

I would like to hope that the art style for this is like the old 5-minute cartoons that came out on CN before Episode III was released in theaters.

This show will probably get good ratings and views because Star Wars, go figure. Just wouldn't hurt if it was somewhat dark and had good multiple-episode plot arcs running alongside the typical single-episode-contained one(s).

And gimme Yoda screen time represent the green Muppet, hrmph

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I would like to hope that the art style for this is like the old 5-minute cartoons that came out on CN before Episode III was released in theaters.

This show will probably get good ratings and views because Star Wars, go figure. Just wouldn't hurt if it was somewhat dark and had good multiple-episode plot arcs running alongside the typical single-episode-contained one(s).

Having the new show in the animation of the mini series would be great

while i am sad to see clone wars go, I really am excited for rebels. I've wanted to see the period between episodes 3 And 4 for a long time

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Personally I'd prefer the newer Clone Wars animation style.

Well seeing Greg Weisman is on board this is almost guaranteed to have multiple-episode plots, which still can be enjoyed as individual episodes.

Gram

Banned
Awards

^ I just hope this show survives Greg's two season curse. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back