• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: Everlasting Balance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

The First Fallen Angel
Website
www.tekcities.com
(People can still join after the RP is underway)

~*Rules*~
- No Godmodding
- No Powerplaying
- Romance Allowed/Encouraged (It adds a level of depth to the characters and their interactions)
- Have Fun
- No spamming

~*Storyline*~

Nearly 20 years after the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, peace once again reigns in the galaxy. The New Jedi Order has regained control in the galaxy. With the recreation of a Jedi Council by the Jedi Luke Skywalker, the Jedi have begun to retain an amount of their previous glory. The Jedi have been forced to operate seperately from the New Republic due to persecution and fear. The senators fear losing their power, and the Jedi are power. Even with all the good coming back to the galaxy, there must always be balance, and balance is returning to the galaxy in the form aof a darkness on the horizon of the force.

~*Saber Forms and Terminology*~

Since the birth of the Order of the Jedi, and the discovery of the Force, its wielders have used Lightsabers in battle. They are symbols of the Jedi, they strike fear into the hearts and souls of the many enemies the Jedi face, and instil pride in all those who wield them.
Through generations of using and wielding these arcane but elegant weapons, the Jedi have developed seven different styles of lightsaber combat, called the seven forms.

Form I - Way of the Sarlacc
The first form created a millennia before the Clone Wars, it covers all the basics such as velocities, attack and parry zones, etc. Used mainly in training today for novices with the lightsaber.

Form II - Way of the Ysalamiri
The best form for lightsaber vs. lightsaber combat. This form maximises precision with the blade, minimising movements so as not to exhaust the dueller, forcing the opposition to do all the work. Today it is considered an arcane Form, due to its inability to reflect blaster bolts or other projectiles and the fact that most Jedi enemies don't wield lightsabers themselves. However, for the Dark Side wielders, it would be the perfect form for those who wish to crush the light Jedi through the elegant duel. Darth Tyrannus was a master of this arcane form.

Form III - Way of the Mynock
This form was developed to counter-act the increasing use of Blasters in the universe. It is mainly used as a defensive style, in that the user is trained to reflect blaster bolts, it being a relatively open form. It is also a mirror to light side Jedi's philosophy, it being more in defense than attack. True masters of the Form III are considered by some almost invincible. After the death of his master, Obi-Wan Kenobi adopted form III as his chosen sabre style, believing that his master's demise was due to the inadequate defense of form IV lightsaber combat.

Form IV - Way of the Hawk-Bat
Form IV is by far the most acrobatic form of the 7, relying not on the strength of the user but rather the agility of the user. Masters of form IV use the force to augment not only their strength, but all aspects of their bodies so that they can pull off otherwise impossible feats. During combat between two Jedi, the user of form IV will be a blur around the opponent, dancing around in a deadly ballet. The revered light Jedi master Yoda was a user of Form IV, as was Qui-Gon Jin and Obi-wan in his early days.

Form V - Way of the Krayt Dragon
Form five is a stronger, more aggressive form to that of Form III. Instead of merely reflecting the bolts away. This form teaches the user to reflect the bolts back and the point of fire, so that the bolts may be used against the enemy. Its main philosophy is keeping the peace through superior firepower, and is one of the most aggressive forms there is. Perfect for a Dark Jedi, and the most well known and taught among the Ranks of the Sith, Obelisk, and Krath.

Form VI - Way of the Rancor
Considered the "diplomat's form". It is not as demanding as the other forms, and is more suited to allowing the user to allow training in other areas of the force, such as power usage, rather than intensive lightsaber training. A modern form, newly developed just prior the clone wars, it was fast becoming popular among the Jedi before they were all but wiped out.

Form VII - Way of the Vornskr
The most difficult and demanding of all the forms, only true masters of the force who have perfected self control and self discipline can wield this form. However, once mastered, this form can lead to fantastic power and skill. Form VII uses bold, certain, definite moves more open than form V, but not as complex or elaborate as form IV. In addition to the force assisted jumps and movements, form VII relies on confusing the enemy with seemingly unconnected movements, making form VII highly unpredictable in battle. The perception the user of Form VII usually gives off is one of calmness and serenity, verging on explosion just beneath the surface, a simmering well of emotions and energy is needed to use this, such is the demanding nature of it. This form cuts very closely to the Dark Side in its philosophies and representations, and therefore must be wielded with care. Mace Windu was a master of form VII, and was helping develop it as it is not yet perfected by anyone. Nicknamed "Vapaad".

Damage or Destroy Weapon (sun djem)
A goal of early Form I masters, sun djem ensured an opponent posed no further threat without harming them. However, with the advent of Form II, Jedi found it increasingly difficult to use sun djem, as emphasis was placed upon preserving one's weapon in a Form II duel.

Wound (shiim)
Any kind of wound with the edge of a lightsaber blade. Considered an inconclusive and inferior mark of contact against other marks that decisively end a battle, shiim expressed a struggle with a powerful opponent, or perhaps just torture by a confident dark sider.

Stab (shiak)
An honourable method of inflicting serious injury, according to the Jedi, shiak caused the least visible injury to an opponent. It thus showed the Jedi had respect for their opponent, even though the blow was usually fatal.

Cut Off Weapon Hand (cho mai)
Rather than use sun djem, some Jedi preferred to make sure an opponent couldn't use any weapon against them. The precision of cho mai in a fight showed the skill of the Jedi inflicting the wound.

Cut off Weapon Arm (cho sun)
A move which lacked the precision of cho mai, cho sun was nevertheless an effective way to disarm an opponent...literally. Cho sun was often used under surprise combat conditions.

Otherwise Maim (cho mok)
The cutting off of an opponent's leg or other limb or appendage with non-humans - such as a Twi'lek's lekku. Cho mok was rarely used by Jedi, as it did nothing but cause pain to an opponent, unlike sun djem or cho mai, which rendered an opponent defenceless without too much pain.

Behead (sai cha)
Sai cha, from the ancient words for 'seperate' and 'head' described the chilling ability to behead an opponent with a lightsaber. Jedi committed sai cha only when engaged in a deadly battle against an enemy considered dangerous even to a Jedi.

Cut Body in Half (sai tok)
Jedi consdered sai tok a form of butchery, and a Sith-like desire to destroy one's enemy. Usually the only time a Jedi used sai tok was against non-living opponents, or if in a dark side enduced rage. Sai tok was thus dangerous for a Jedi, as it could easily lead them down the dark path.

Using these forms in Jedi Academy is left to interpretation. Treat the above info as guidelines.

~*Template*~

Name:
Appearance:
Saber Style: (Single, Staff, Dual)
Saber Colour:
Saber Form:
Bio:

~*My Character*~

Name: Tai Skywalker
Age: Around 20(Anakin's age in ep III, I know it is 20 in II...)
Appearance: Black hair with streaks that resemble fire. His hair is medium-length and messy(messy like my sig, but about the length of Ep III Anakin). In every other way but his hair, he looks very similar to Anakin Skywalker.
Saber Style: Single/Dual
Saber Colour: Black and Platinum
Saber Form: Form VII - Way of the Vornskr
Bio: The son of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade. He is, tied with his grandfather, the youngest member of the Jedi Council in the history of the Jedi, and he is the youngest Jedi to attain the rank of Master. He has shown considerable power in the force since an early age, but has also had an explosive temper. Although he has been tried well in the Jedi arts, he is still a simmering well of emotions, which seem to be magnified within him. He was granted the rank of Master due to his mastery of the Way of the Vornskr, a very dangerous form. He has reached a point in the force no other Jedi openly announces, giving him a rare ability of Battle Precognition, and he is completely attuned to the force, with no shielding. His attunement is a dangerous level and it could potentially drive him insane. He is constantly in touch with the force and is hard to sense, because of his attunement he is almost one with the force itself.

Last edited:

Wraith

The First Fallen Angel
Website
www.tekcities.com
OOC: I know this is a double post, but I was really hoping that this RP would get off the ground. I know there are Star Wars fans out there, and this could be a really fun RP... I hope I didn't make it too complicated... I just posted the lightsaber forms and the terms for the various attacks, like beheading and the like.

Percymort

Bronze Member
Mostly rp section....maybe somtimes forum insanity
Name: Yonol
Appearance: http://re2.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/309450318
Saber Style: Single
Saber Colour: Green
Saber Form: 3
Bio: Yonol became a jedi at the age of 22. He then as being doing missions for the new jedi council since then. he has been doing 8 full years of training. He mostly hangs around the council to see what the Jedi leaders are doing. But somewhere in the galaxy his family is being killed by robots. This is unaware to Yonol.

Awards
Name: Zak-ren Marlaan
Appearance: Normal size of a human male, brown hair, blue eyes.
Saber Style: Single
Saber Colour: Orange
Saber Form: IV
Bio: Learned from the Jedi Academy on Dantooine. His masters name was Kectar Shjun. He attained the rank of Jedi Knight, after retrieving an ancient Sith art from an abandoned Sith Accadamy. He is now often found doing missions under the Jedi Councils Order.

Galacion

Bronze Member
Name: Mar-uar
Appearance: Looks like Bao-dur from KOTOR II
Saber Style: Dual
Saber Colour: Teal, yellow
Saber Form: Form I
Bio: when he was traveling with his parents he got left behind on the planet where the jedi academy is and when he walked around long enough he ran into the jedi academy but he didnt know what it was so when he went inside he saw the jedi and wanted to know if he could become one after hearing what the jedi do

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
Name: Kran Azuk
Appearance: Kran (Wears Jedi Robes)
Saber Style: Staff/Dual
Saber Color: Red and Blue
Saber Form: IV- Way of the Hawk Bat
Bio: Kran has spent most of life at the Jedi temple, learning the ways of the Jedi. Before that, he lived on a war-scarred world in the Outer Rim. He is a very calm man, slow to anger, who is patient with those he teaches. He has been a trainer of young Jedi for some time. Kran uses form IV, the Way of the Hawk Bat. His movements are fluid, like that of water. He does know how to ballroom dance, a remnant of his homeworld and incorporates this into his fighting.

Last edited:

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Name: Myra
Appearance: http://absoluteanime.com/fruits_basket/tohru.gif <-- wears Amidala's white outfit thingy-majiger
Saber Style: single
Saber Colour: PURPLE!!! ^_^
Saber Form: 4
Bio: She's only been a Jedi for a few monthes, so she's still learning to fight. Because of her novice level, she doesn't go on many missions. So, she stays at the academy most of the time. Not very skilled with fighting, she usually relies on the Force to aid her in battle.

SoulEater

Chapter IV
Website
www.graphicext.net
Hey Wraith!!!!!

Name: Sal (Unknown Last Name)
Appearance: http://www.animevisions.net/Pictures/guys/Clover.jpg <<He wears Jedi Robes.
Saber Colour: Blue and Black
Saber Form: Form IV - Way of the Hawk-Bat
Bio: Had a childhood similar to Luke Skywalker, having been adopted as a young child. His father was killed in battle a month before the birth of Sal. His mother was assasinated shortly after the birth of Sal. For awhile, nobody knew why they killed her. Then as Sal grew up, they started to relize why. Sal's father was strong with the force. After he was k killed in battle, they had killed Sal's mother. They did this because they feared that Sal would be a Jedi very strong with the force. They perdicted that with his parents dead, he wouldn't have any enthusiasm at all and would lose power with the force. He grew up with adopted parents, always wanting to find the people who killed his mother and father. He was trained as a Jedi and became utterly strong. He was very fast, thus him using the Way of the Hawk-Bat. He is a Jedi master, young at that, but still not the youngest master ever, for Tai Skywalker held that title. Sal didn't care, he was proud for Tai reaching that goal, and was actually good friends with Tai. (Is that ok Wraith, my character being good friends with yours? ;D ill only do that with your permission, if not i will change my bio a tad.)

Don Patch

Is not dead...yet.
Name: Darth Raven
Appearance: Wears the same black outfit as Anikan(in Episode 3 when there on the seperatist ship) and has red eyes, and wears a dark black hood.
Saber Color: Red, Red
Saber Stance: 4th Form
Bio: A Sith Lord who trained on Rhen Var, the power of the Darkside has gave him the power to indouce fear into his enemies. Before he was a Sith, he was a Assassin for hire. He recieved a contract to assassinate, a Sith Lord. He and the Dark Jedi came to a stalemate. The Dark Jedi was impressed, he trained him in the art of Hawk-Bat. During time he challenged his Master to a dual and killed him. Now he was the Master. So he spends his days in a Rhen Var temple.

Wraith

The First Fallen Angel
Website
www.tekcities.com
SoulEater2118 said:
Hey Wraith!!!!!

(Is that ok Wraith, my character being good friends with yours? ;D ill only do that with your permission, if not i will change my bio a tad.)

OOC: HEY SOUL!!!!! lol, yeah, that's perfectly okay. As I was reading the bio, I already decided they should be friends, then I saw your part at the end and just thought: Damn, he's one step ahead of me! lol, anywho... wow... more people then I thought would join have... Cool. Anywho, yeah, I think I shall start this up very shortly.

SoulEater

Chapter IV
Website
www.graphicext.net
Nightfire said:
Of this starts and I am not on at the time, could someone please send me a PM? IT would be greatly appreciated.

OOC: Sure I'll PM you Nightfire, or if anyone else PMs you first lol.

And thats what you were thinking Wraith? Whoa o_0 weird lol. Anywho, yeah lets get this started.

EDIT: Wraith, it seems you replied to Nightfire first lol.

Wraith

The First Fallen Angel
Website
www.tekcities.com
ooc: Let's get this party started riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Because Im one of those Rpers that make up the storyline as I go along, I guess I can appoint some people to say... assist in the storyline. But for now, Heartless Key is allowed to do his own thing storywise. He is a sith afterall.

ic:

Tai had heard stories of the majestic beauty held within the walls of the original Jedi Academy on Coruscant. He had been most intrigued by the stories of the Room of a Thousand Fountains. When he had heard that a replica of the original Academy was being built, he had been almost overjoyed. But at the same time, he was worried. The academy was being rebuilt on Coruscant, thanks to the influence of his aunt, Leia Organa Solo. He was worried due to the prejeduce he knew had befallen most fo the New Republic. It made him worry about the route civilization was taking.

The halls of the newly constructed temple echoed his footsteps as he walked down the corridor he knew would lead to his goal. His black Jedi robes flowed around him as he kept up a brisk pace. He often was questioned about the colours of his robes, but they often became quiet when they remembered that Master Luke Skywalker also wore black robes. Tai's robes were similar to Anakin Skywalker's old robes, only they were completely black, rather than brown and black.

The halls were mostly empty, the Temple was newly constructed and most had not had time to arrive. The senior members of the Jedi Council were the first to arrive. Tai had been among them. Finally, he had reached his intended goal. The Room of a Thousand Fountains. It was just as he had pictured it.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Kran was one of the few people in the room. He stood, looking up at the fountain and admired how pure and simple it was. It had an elegant beauty only water could acheive. He was now a senior member of the Jedi, having been trained many years ago. His dual lightsabers, red and blue, were tucked afely away in his robes.

He saw another Jedi enter, but paid him no heed and moved around, gazing at the fountains. They were indeed, beautiful.

SoulEater

Chapter IV
Website
www.graphicext.net
IC: Walking side by side with his good friend Tai and the rest of the council, he stared in amazment at the Room of a Thousand Fountains. It was a beautiful sight, most sensational to any eye to meet its glory. He couldnt look away and was amazed, as he would imagine any of the council members seeing the same sight.

Sal often wondered about the past of the Jedi, when Darth Vader, Tai's grandfather, had killed nearly all of the Jedi including the council. The old academy looked a bit different then he had expected, probably because he is always looking at the modern academy. But nonetheless, he was still amazed at the old one, and he also thought about the past teachings and how they developed through time.

Percymort

Bronze Member
Mostly rp section....maybe somtimes forum insanity
Yonol walked into the new Jedi council. He looked at the councl members. The temple was large. Yonol took his finger up to his forhead and whistled under its beauty. He walked to his appointed room. He sat on his bed and started to make things float under his power.
Yonol then went to the Room of a thousand fountains. he whistled again.
He approached the council member Tai skywalker somone who he looked up to as a master.
"Master tai...pleasure to meet you i am Yonol" Yonol said bowing to the council members.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Kran walked patiently around the room, watching water cascade over the fountains. He was lost in his own little world when the voice of an enthusiastic Jedi broke him out of his trance. He looked around quickly, trying to find out who was speaking.

He smiled gently. The young Jedi was not talking to him, but to another Council member, also observing the fountains with a friend. Anyone who Kran considered a friend had not yet arrived, and he was somewhat alone until they would.

Kran passed by the young Jedi and the two council members, his eyes on the exceedingly large fountain behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back