• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Ocean : First Departure + Second Evolution

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

*~NeoAdamus~*

Re: Star Ocean : First Departure + Second Evolution ( PSP )

SO3 to me was kinda hard, especially if you dont get it at first. I literally had to start all the way back to the beginning to figure out how to synthesize and all that jazz.

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
I see Mary Sues...they're everywhere. They don't e
Website
sophiachi.livejournal.com

It took me a while to get used to SO3's battle system, lol...but it IS fun when you get the hang of it. Same for inventing and synthesis.

SO1 and SO2's systems are easier though. Battles are generally easier (although there are no EXP/Fol etc bonuses for getting x amount of combos), and inventing is a snap....sort of. You'll need certain "talents" to do certain inventions. SO2 also requires the Dexterity talent in your chosen lead character, be it Claude or Rena, to Pickpocket. It's hard but fun. They probably carried Pickpocketing to the SO1 PSP remake as well...

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org

In those two, you've four characters, three are controlled by an AI (a kinda dumb one, but no game is perfect) and you control one of the four. See the battle system at this moment like Crisis Core/Kingdom Hearts mixed with FF features. It's very special, and excellent, you can also switch between those four characters.

Btw, on the Welch subject I have read kind of a confirmation she's 4D being. She claims, apparently in one of those two game, that she has access to a lot of good stuff because she's a creator... I wonder if she is stuck in the universe after SO3 since she apparently never left it...

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
Website

Yeah, I imagined Welch had to be a 4D Being as well, since the manual of SO3 refers to "someone who has seen many things" -- that's Welch. And I'm sure Puffy is a 4D being too -- my theory is that she lurks the universes to "test" the professional "players"...

Also, I hear the SO1 and SO2 PSP remakes have extra techs and spells:thumbup: I cannot wait :wub:

MIKE_KH2

i cant wait for SO 1&2, i absolutely loved 3 so i hope i like these ^_^

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
Website

I was checkign GameFAQs for any new info, but I did find something interesting for Second Evolution:

In this PSP remake, they gave the character Chisato Madison a favorite food -- the Fruit Sandwich. They forgot to program it into the PSOne version, making it only obtainable via Gameshark.

Also, one of Welch's attacks (in both games) is a variant of Nibelung Valesti from the Valkyrie Profile games -- since both VP and SO are produced by Tri-Ace...

*EDIT* It seems we have the first English First Departure SCreens!
Star Ocean: The First Departure Screens for PSP at GameSpot

Ratix's English name is Rodd ick...o__O (unnecessary censors)

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
Star Ocean 1 + 2 for PSP - Covers Revealed

From the Square Enix Members Blog...

Here's the North American front package art for STAR OCEAN: First Departure and STAR OCEAN: Second Evolution, coming to the PlayStation Portable:

080911.jpg

We know what you're thinking: the two packages make a whole image! How can you own one and not the other?

KeyMaker

Re: Star Ocean 1 + 2 for PSP - Covers Revealed

Cooool.I really can't wait. Finally I get to play Second story again since the 90's and finally play thwe first Star Ocean.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

When do these come out again? I must buy these :3

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org

I so much wants those game, First Departure for at least playing it and Second because it's one of my fav RPG.
I don't think linking the two game cover makes much sense, but that still looks fine.

Too bad 2nd comes out after Christmas...

Marly

Awards

October 21st for First Departure.
January 6th for Second Evolution.

Hey thanks ^^

Good, I need something to do with my PSP X_X

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Star Ocean : First Departure

So, the game is released now since two weeks, I bought it and find it pretty good so far. I feared the plot would have an "unimportant" feeling considering SO2 and 3's plot, but not at all apparently.

So, anyone played it?

Marly

Awards
Re: Star Ocean : First Departure

Oh do tell me more! I do want this game, but Im iffy... Hows the gameplay? Story? Etc. etc.

Azerty

I'll buy this game when I get a PSP 3000. I was never really interested in the Star Ocean series, but I think I want to give it a try.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org

The gameplay is exactly the same one, with one or two minor tweak, of that one from Star Ocean : The Second Story. It's active time system, there's four character and you control one (though you can alternate who you control at will) while the three others are AI controlled. The game is in 2D but the background on the map and during battles are in 3D.

Battle are a bit more technical, especially if you don't know the system. You can make mere attack, "Killer Move" (uses MP) or Symbology/Heraldry (magic). Since I'm bad to describe, here's the test video :

YouTube - Star Ocean: The First Departure -PSP- EP.1 [2/3] ~USA~

The story happens 400 years in the futur, it revolves (at first) about a mysterious virus speaking on Planet Roak changing every people into stone. Two Earthling come on the planet to discover what happen, but are helpless to stop the virus. They suspect their enemy to have done this, but it's in fact a mysterious third party behind this. to find the cure to the virus, they try to search the original holder of the virus, who died 300 years ago, so they search a way to travel in time...
More would be heavy spoiler on the game's plot.

Marly

Awards

Wow thanks, I want this game now ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back