• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS3/PS4)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
1209476185775826471.jpg

I looked to see if the was a thread for this, as well as a thread for the series itself, but I couldn't find one, so I figured I might as well post one.

I've never played the series, if only because I never had access to the first one and wanted to start there, but I'm honestly contemplating picking this game up first when it releases.

The game is due to come out on PS3 and PS4, with the former being the base of the project and the latter being a port. It's said to be 30% done, which I take to mean that the earliest release window is probably 2016.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I played the one for ps2, till the end of time or some shit. Didn't care too much for it and the ending was some m. night shaymalan bullshit but I'll keep an eye on this. I wonder, is the ps4 more expensive to develop on? Not sure why they'd make a new game for it.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
The second game is probably the series' apex, and is available on the PS1 and PSP. Not sure how to feel about this one. I can look back fondly on SO2, but it's only across the breadth of two by-and-large failures, you know?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Given how great the last couple of entries have been, I hope this is a step in the right direction for the series. Not holding my breath, though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am giving it a chance if only because I want to see if they fix the problems that were in the past games. Like the story.

Obviously getting it for the PS4. The screenshots shown so far look really good, and the quality of the models makes the characters look like high end PVC figures which is amazing to me.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
This is interesting news. I've only played the third entry, Till the End of Time, myself (I also played Radiata Stories though that was a separate game but played much the same and did have an unlockable costume that looked like 3's main character. Anyone else play that?). I really did enjoy 3 (I was actually thinking of trying to find it again...) and I may give this one a go.

Rael_Oblivion

This is interesting news. I've only played the third entry, Till the End of Time, myself. I really did enjoy 3 (I was actually thinking of trying to find it again...) and I may give this one a go.
Same here, but I also enjoyed it a lot and replay it every once in a while. Not sure why everyone else here seems to dislike it. So this one looks good too, from the trailer. I'll add it to my list of games to buy once KHIII comes out and I get a ps4. (I currently only have a ps2)

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
SO3: It's called 'Til the End of Time because that's how long you should wait to play it.
SO4: It's called The Last Hope because it's the last hope of this franchise ever being good.
SO5: It's called… I'm drawing blanks guys, halp

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Lonbilly

Awards
[video=youtube;lSE1QcVWog0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSE1QcVWog0[/video]

Is it weird if I say this game gives me FFXII vibes? Because it is, and I am totally more psyched for it now then I was previously.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
[video=youtube;lSE1QcVWog0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSE1QcVWog0[/video]

Is it weird if I say this game gives me FFXII vibes? Because it is, and I am totally more psyched for it now then I was previously.

It looks really good, though it is a little trippy. xD

I can see where you're coming from. The look and the going right into battle feels like FFXII.

Lonbilly

Awards
Legit got a little motion sickness on the trippy parts but everything else was great. Kind of hope that wasn't something in the actual game and only for effect for the trailer.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
This is interesting news. I've only played the third entry, Till the End of Time, myself (I also played Radiata Stories though that was a separate game but played much the same and did have an unlockable costume that looked like 3's main character. Anyone else play that?).

Oh, you played Radiata Stories... So you're saying you want to be best friends?

But anyway, I am so pumped for Star Ocean 5. SO3 was the first one I played, and I loved it. I didn't finish it for a few years (because I refused to level grind... just hit 'em real quick and go boss strategy), but I thought it was great.

I played the remake of SO1 on PSP, and it was a nice little RPG. Reminded me of older Tales games, but I felt like I cared more.

I still haven't played much of SO4 on PS3. When I started it, I was in trophy whore mode and got super intimidated by the plat and just kind of quit playing it. But now that I am a better gamer for being able to make do with accepting the fact that some games just don't need to be platted, they should just be enjoyed, yeah, I should give it another go.

But SO5 looks great so far, the characters and environments look better than ever, and that seamless transition into battle is just muwah! Also, being able to use all of the party members at once... Just yes.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
[video=youtube;6KDPFXPOVaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDPFXPOVaI[/video]

Kind of wish this game took place after Star Ocean 3. I have so many questions about 4D Space. I'm liking how everyone in your party fights at the same time though.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Wow, everyone still looks like plastic. Amazing!

Lonbilly

Awards
This game is giving me such a FFXII space vibe. I didn't even realize it really was being released so soon... well, soon for Japan, at least.

I do agree with Silh, however. Some of the characters look alright to me, but then some of the others... well...

Happyfunshineman

Awards
So here's some gameplay from TGS.

[video=youtube;HS3-UcVp9II]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=303&v=HS3-UcVp9II[/video]

The fights look a little chaotic right now, though maybe it will feel better than watching it.

I'm kind of curious how enemy spawns will work or if you'll just be directed to every fight.

Lonbilly

Awards

New story trailer. Dunno if I can get this is summer tho. Won't have a PS4 till probs Winter, lol. <|3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back