• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Stained Glass [Roxas FanFic]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
Oh, silly DH -huggles-

Anywho, I have FINALLY finished my chapter. It took me so long because I felt that I should add more to it, but as I read and re-read it, it seemed fine just the way it was :) One of my shorter chapters, but once again informative. It should pick up slightly after this.

Copyrights: All characters, settings, weaponry, and magic in this story belong to Square-Enix. The story, however, belongs to me.

Chapter 4: The Antagonist of Light​

I trained intensively with Axel for little under two weeks straight. It had becoming a daily routine for me. Every morning I would wake early to practise my battle technique with the enigma until the late hours of the afternoon. The training, I have to admit, was exhausting and tested my physical limits, but somehow I managed to survive each day. Axel taught me a lot in the ways of fighting, whether it was in self-defense or full-forced combat. Every now and then, while locked in battle he would call out techniques for me to initiate, or I should get seriously hurt. He had also taught me various attack names and what I should do to achieve them perfectly. These new moves took me a while to learn, and sometimes Axel did hurt me, but it only pushed me to improve my next attack and make it better than it had been before.

From the very start we didn’t go slowly, he said there was no excuse for it, so I pretty much hit the ground running. The enigma would charge at me, wielding his Chakram and I either had to raise my great weapons in self-defense, or feint to the side and attack from a new angle. My first couple of days of training was, for the most part, embarrassing on my behalf. I wanted to fight. And I wanted to fight well - exceedingly well, but Axel always got the better of me. However, I noted that he never once used his element when battling against me. Why was that?

“Please,” he said, rolling his eyes at me, “I don’t want to kill you with your hands tied. Besides, it wouldn’t really be fair, since you haven’t enabled your own power yet, now would it?”

“Fair?” I asked teasingly, cocking an eyebrow. “I didn’t know that you played by the rules.”

Axel shrugged. “Just because I don’t have a Heart doesn’t mean I have to act like I don’t have one.”

“What is my power anyways?”

“Not telling. That should be something the Discovered Key should figure out on his own.”

I hated that; always being called the Discovered Key. It made me feel like a pawn in a chess game conducted by the Thirteenth Order. Was I really a piece that was to be manipulated by them? I didn’t want to think so, but something deep within told me I was part of some devilish plot.

“How am I supposed to do that?”

“Do I really have to spoon feed you like a baby?”

“No,” I growled testily.

“Alright, alright,” Axel laughed. “Then why don’t you show me, killer?”

Spreading his Chakram out to either side, so that his arms were parallel to the ground, a blaze of fire erupted from the enigma. The raging inferno snaked across the marble floor to form a circle around the both of us before rising into the air to serve as a battling ring. Already, I could feel the heat of the crackling flames and sweat beads began to formulate on my brow. It seemed that I had annoyed Axel enough with my persistent need of wanting my power that he was finally going to fight with his element. I did not see this going over very well.

Grinning broadly at me, Axel took a step in my direction and flung one of his flaming weapons at me. The burning Chakram spiraled through the air, the flames licking in its wake. Raising my weapons, I deflected the attack with the Oathkeeper, hitting the spiked-weapon back towards the enigma as though it were a ball. It, of course, hadn’t hit Axel the way I intended it to. Unfazed, he simply lifted his hand into the air and caught the weapon with ease. Damn it. Immediately the red-haired man came towards me, not allowing me any time to think or even to rest. Swinging his Chakram he released two blazing balls of fire that flew in my direction! “Burn, baby!” As the spitfires zoomed towards me I had only enough time to duck and roll to the side, narrowly escaping what would be likely third-degree burns.

“You’ll have to do better than that,” Axel taunted. Clapping his weapons together he allowed them to spin rapidly, the wheels flaming as they went ‘round and ‘round. “Burn!” From those wheels a spray of hell-fire came towards me, threatening to singe my entire being. Once again I could do nothing more but feint to side and escape the raging flames.

I was beginning to run out of options. With his continuous fire-attacks, I couldn’t get close enough to the man to strike him with a physical attack. It was apparent that Axel would not let down his flame-walls, nor would he stop his assault of fiery attacks until I was able to strike back physically, or unlock my hidden powers. I was growing desperate. How could I escape this fiery death trap?

For some time now I had felt a strange energy within me. A strong, throbbing power pulsated within my very being, itching to be released. I didn’t know what that sensation was, but it made me anxious and I felt that I had to relieve myself of it at once. Taking a small step back from Axel, who grinned at me darkly, I lowered my Keyblades to my sides. Right then and there I gave myself up to the power that wanted to be released. It felt like a bomb had dropped and exploded from within me. For a moment, or two, I began to glow faintly before a blinding light surged from my being, traveling in every direction. Feeling the rush of this force leave my body I began to feel dizzy, slightly light headed. Before I knew it, the light snapped back into me like an elastic band and I began to sway from side to side, unable to control this power.

Trying to blink out the black dots that began to cloud my vision, I could hear a pair of hands clapping. Looking up, I was able to make out the hazy shape of Axel walking towards me, grinning broadly. His Chakram were no longer in sight and the room returned to normal.

“Alright, Roxas. Alright,” he said smoothly, sounding pleased. “Looks like you were able to find your power without me holding your hand. You are growing after all.”

I smiled weakly, also pleased. “What was that?” I asked breathlessly.

“Why, non other than the power of Light. Which, I guess, makes you the Antagonist of Light.”

“Antagonist?” What was that supposed to mean?

“Well, you certainly aren’t the Hero of Light, now are you? Otherwise, you wouldn’t be here.” The way he had said it wasn’t meant to be cruel or taunting. It sounded like he was just stating a fact of nature.

Still, a frown formed on my face. I was confused. Why did Axel say that to me? I felt that I should be happy for having mastered my own unique skill, but being dubbed the Antagonist of Light lowered my spirits. It sounded like an implication that I was an enemy of the Light. Was I? Yet another mystery the Organization would likely never answer for me or even have me find on my own.

As time progressed, I steadily became better at mastering both my combative skills as well as my element of Light. I was now able to use both of my Keyblades in unison, performing a graceful dance of death with each step I took. Finding the strength within my empty-self, I could wield these magnificent weapons with great ease and agility. Likewise, I could also master my element of Light, profoundly much better than the first time I had unlocked that power. I was now able to release what bursts of that energy I needed to blind my enemies as they rushed me, or to even knock them flat on the ground with an explosion of Light. My once-slow attacks had become speedy, and I showed no mercy, even against Axel. The enigma had once been able to defeat me, when I was naive and clumsy. But it had come to a point where I’d defeated him in battle fairly.

In his own taunting way, Axel had been right. It was the strength that I found within myself that allowed me to progress through the rigorous training in little over a week with great success. It was as though I had performed these exact battles skills in combat before, only with a little tweaking this time around. They had come to me quite easily; as if it were an abandoned practise I’d once again taken up. Strange. With these nagging thoughts buzzing around my mind I dismissed them and focused on my place in the Organization. But I still couldn’t help but wonder: had these combative skills once belonged to the Hero of Light?

dejah

:|
the "less action, more thought" chapter. Still awesome~

thank you for updating!! unlike *coughcloudycough* xD

<3

Angel Shards

I would kill for you &lt;3
dejah said:
the "less action, more thought" chapter. Still awesome~

Haha, yeah, that's pretty much what it is ^_^ But if I put the action I wanted to put in it, which will be in the next chapter, the whole topic of the chapter would switch. Y'know?

dejah

:|
yeah.. it's better like this.

the pace is even.

you know. must have good base for a good story. ;)

EternityMoon

Awesome fic! I just read all the chapters now. Roxas and Axel are written perfectly, and the descriptions of what's happening are wonderful. Keep it up :D

Angel Shards

DH, I know -.-'' It make me mad when I see that spam in my RB's...It shall be dealt with severely, aka deletion.

Thanks for the comment guys :) Glad you liked it even though there wasn't much action. Chapter 5 is in the works and I know what I want to do with it so it should be updated fairly quickly.

EternityMoon

My friend is making me an Organization XIII coat for an anime convention we're going to in May. I was debating which one to go as, and this fic has inspired me to go as Roxas XD. Just thought I'd say that!

Angel Shards

Darkened Heart said:
EternityMoon - Ooooo, which con is it? I might get lucky and see you there. :D

That is sweet! -is flattered- Chapter 5 is coming along nicely. I am hoping to put it up by the end of this week :)

EternityMoon

Darkened Heart said:
EternityMoon - Ooooo, which con is it? I might get lucky and see you there. :D
You're Canadian!? XD It's a con in Toronto: Anime North! I'm so pumped! Are you cosplaying??
Keyblade Shards said:
That is sweet! -is flattered- Chapter 5 is coming along nicely. I am hoping to put it up by the end of this week
Awesome! Can't wait!

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
EM - Ah, darnit. I'm across the country from you; I'm in Alberta, going to Otafest near the end of May. I am cosplaying, though. :D

KS - YAY NEW CHAPTER!!!! I'll have something to look forward to after a horrendous week of Physics.

EternityMoon

Darkened Heart said:
KS - YAY NEW CHAPTER!!!! I'll have something to look forward to after a horrendous week of Physics.
Dammit, that's like me, but it's geography XD

The thought of a new chapter keeps me goin' :D

Angel Shards

Update: This is probably one of my longest chapters ever, so it will be up by Fridat at the latest.

You guys are wonderful! Thanks :D

Here's a few lines you can ponder about:

“But he also couldn’t fail to notice that this whole time it has only been Axel, the Flurry of Dancing Flames, that you’ve been succeeding in battle. I suggested we try something different.”

“This is not a show, Marusha.”

“Do you really think your words can fool us, Zekushion?”

"Am I now beginning to see the corruption of jealously brewing?”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back