• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Stage Fright

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Yeah the only people that make fun of you in presentations/plays are people you probably weren't gonna be friends with anyway. I'm an actor, and that's how I look at it.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Firstly, remind yourself that the worst that could happen really isn't that bad. It's not like you're going to accidentally wet yourself on stage, or start shouting random obscenities. Presentations aren't generally perfect so don't worry about being perfect: realise that the occasional mistake is no big deal. If you lose your place in your notes, it's no big deal. If you stumble over a sentence or forget to make a point, it's no big deal. There's actually not that much to worry about.

Secondly, you're presenting your work to the class and you know what it's about. Don't think of a presentation in terms of giving a speech, think of it in terms of explaining your views to your classmates. This is actually why I never write out a presentation in full - I make dot points and put myself in the mind of explaining those dot points rather than trying to recite something verbatim. (This does of course require being comfortable with the material you're presenting.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back