• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stacking Abilities

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iracunde

While sitting around trying to decide which keyblades I'd use for each form of Sora's, I came to realize that I couldn't pick which one I thought was best because I didn't know how some of the abilities stacked. By that, I mean things like Fire Boost and Finishing Plus. Unlike Combo Plus or Draw, these abilities do not say whether or not they stack and benefit from eachother. If you were to equip two Combo Plus, you would get two additional combos. But, if you were to equip a Fire Boost and then use a keyblade with Fire Boost, it doesn't tell you if they'd stack or if you are just wasting one ability.

I'd like to think it doesn't specify because you only learn one of these abilities in the game, and the only other way you could get another one of those abilties is through a keyblade. You can't learn two Air Combo Boost, but you can equip the Hero's Crest and get two Air Combo Boost.

Anywho, now that I've ranted, what I've meant by all of that is I'd like to know if anyone knows or can speculate whether abilities stack even though they do not say they do. I'd like to know if I equipped Fire Boost and then the Bond of Flame keyblade and got another Fire Boost, would I get more extra damage than just from my one Fire Boost. Does my equipping two Drive Boost make my drive bar go up faster than just one? Or do they not stack, and I should just equip a different ability than the one on my keyblade if it doesn't say they can stack?

Iracunde

Well, I did some testing. Item Boost does not say anything about stacking, like the abilties I questioned in my last post. So, I bought a bunch of potions, and went out to purposefully get my butt kicked.

- My max health is 120 atm. A regular potion heals me for 48, or 40% of my health (of course :p).
- With my Item Boost ability equipped, a potion heals me for 72, or 60% of my health. So, with one item boost, my healing items get increased by 20%. My potion becomes a hi-potion.

Well, with that in mind, I went and equipped the Monochrome, too. So I not only had my ability Item Boost, but the keyblade also gave Item Boost.

- When I used a potion this time, my potion healed me for 96, or 80% of my health. So, my two copies of Item Boost did indeed stack.

I also tried to watch my drive bar closely with two copies of Form Boost equipped, using the ability I know and the Oathkeeper. I'm pretty sure the bar was going down more slowly. I didn't notcie two much of a difference with two MP Haste equipped, but we don't exactly get to see the numbers charging during MP charge.

As far as I can tell, some or all abilities do stack.

(And I suppose if you did use Item Boost and the Monochrome, a hi-potion would heal you for 100%)

(No yelling at me)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back