• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SSX series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Since they just announce Deadly Descents, I'd figure there should be an SSX thread. Tricky is one of my favorite games of all time.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
The only game out of the series I played was On Tour and I loved it. This teaser trailer doesn't have me interested at all.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's not the fact that it's a major departure from all of the other games in the series, it just seems like they're trying too hard. If only it were more like Tricky.

I really need to buy a new PS2

impart

Climb The Sky
fcuk

YES!

played them all until I couldn't get anything anymore.
except for On Tour, I think I threw that behind the couch, and I never saw it again...

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I never played On Tour and I sold Blur so... It's pretty cool though that the helicopter in the trailer is named after Elise.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Always played as Brody on one of them. I think SSX3(it's my name and he looked cool so heh.) was probably my favorite.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Skip straight to Tricky. The first one is awesome, but Tricky is the same thing except 50 trillion times better.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Tricky was the shit when I was a kid, I loved that game. 3 was really fun too, but I never got in to the first one or On Tour, the latter because of how you couldn't be one of the SSX characters like the other games. Mac was always my first pick.

The trailer looks alright I guess

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Bumping this because from what I've seen the new game looks like a mix of the first 3 games.

You can also comment and vote for characters you want to be in the game on the SSX Facebook fan page.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I've been following these vids and yeah it looks like they are staying clear of that gritty realism that the trailer invoked. What has me most excited is that they are emphasizing complete freedom on the mountains, going everything and not being held back by invisible walls or steep impossible cliffs, it's not just a straight linear trail down to the bottom.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I agree Zook. THe only thing that would get me uber hyped for this is if they announced that the characters talk to each other, or just talk in general, like they did in the early games. Specifically like Tricky though, I loved Tricky's dialogue so damn much.

Earthworm Jim wouldn't surprise me. They released an HD version on PSN and the 360 Marketplace, plus there have been rumors of a movie for years.

metrifyx

So far, this game sounds like my ideal version of SSX. It seems like the perfect balance of realism and exaggeration. I'm really excited that there's going to be more freedom, like Zook said. There's going to be something for everyone in this game. Also, did anyone else notice what might be Kaori in the background of the first video? I really hope she comes back, though I can't see why not since she's been in every game so far. I also agree with Bebop Blues; the dialogue made the games so much more enjoyable.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Yeah I noticed Kaori too. She's one of the characters you can vote for on Facebook along with Moby, JP, and I think Griff. To behonest though, I'd prefer more exaggeration over the realism. That's only because Tricky is my favorite game of all time, so I'm a little biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back