• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square the new Triangle? (BBS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I thought reaction commands made game-play prettier.
I don't understand why it matters if they are pink. Pink reminds me of watermelons. :3

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

While they did make gameplay more impressive-looking, they took a lot of the fun out of it. If they used reaction commands in moderation, instead of in every boss fight, it would have made KH2 a lot better.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I don't understand why it matters if they are pink. Pink reminds me of watermelons. :3

Eh. I could have lived without 'em. You hit one button and Sora does his little acrobatic stunt and knocks the enemy into a wall. I didn't like it. It was like the game was holding your hand, like "Hit Triangle like a good little boy! Yes! You did it! Yay!" I felt like such a douche.

Dyingslow666

If it wa like god of war, itd be better since then there would be more variation with the controlls, since if there was a reaction in KH2, it was always triangle and expected, but there could be more difficulty with it, which is better ^__^

Cissy

Bronze Member
I could go for less Reaction Commands. They're pretty, but...

No, scratch that. Keep reaction commands, but make them worth it. I want to see pretty acrobatic moves, but don't make us rely on them all the time. Either make them weaker, or only place them when they do something amazing for the gameplay.

The_Watcher

I think its because Square is learning from it's mistakes in KHII, where a person could initiate a Reaction scene and just mash triangle to get through it.

bbs9.jpg

In this scan we see Circle being used, which has lead me to the conclusion that it will be like God of War; where it can be any face button based on the situation.

Maybe KH:BBS will actually be return to form in difficulty for the KH series. (NOTE: I have KHII:FM+ and I know all about LvL1 Critical mode challenges, but I am talking about the standard difficulty.

Twiligan

The controls for Japanese PSP's are diffrent than american ones. F.E. The O button in Japan is the X button in America, etc.

no they arnt, I have a japanese friend he has a pink one from japan and its the same....

Detronilizer

Only X and O are switched in the Japanese version. Triangle is still the reaction command button. If you watch the recently leaked trailer, Terra uses triangle reaction commands for one of his attacks. So apparantly, reaction commands are getting harder, knowing that you're using more than just triangle. And not only that, but as evidenced in Re:CoM, Nomura's making the timing more tricky - you need to press the button exactly as it appears, no earlier and no later. So I think it'll be more challenging than KH2 now.

If that's the case, then I wonder if dodge roll will be available in BBS.

Both Guard and Dodge Roll are still in the game. That's been confirmed.

Last edited:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Well, if they have to keep in reaction commands, it looks like at least they won't make the game a cake walk this time around, so hopefully I'll find nothing to complain about (though I always do).

Alpha_Sonix

I think its because Square is learning from it's mistakes in KHII, where a person could initiate a Reaction scene and just mash triangle to get through it.

bbs9.jpg

In this scan we see Circle being used, which has lead me to the conclusion that it will be like God of War; where it can be any face button based on the situation.

Maybe KH:BBS will actually be return to form in difficulty for the KH series. (NOTE: I have KHII:FM+ and I know all about LvL1 Critical mode challenges, but I am talking about the standard difficulty.

I hope so, it seems BBS will be returning back to way it was in KH1, Maleficent as a bad ass villain, platforming, hard bosses, yep, just the way I like it, although if they're gonna put Gummi Ships in then I seriously don't want KH1 style gummi fights.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
*is holding a bag of gummi bears*

Why so? I didn't mind them terribly in KH2.

They were pretty horrible in KH1, though.

For me, they were annoying but tolerable in KH I. KH II? Ha! What a joke they were. The walls were closed, afer Xehanort's Heartless was defeated so they had much leverage to create a new transportation method, but no, gummis again. They're pure evil.

Edit: Btw, I apologize if I offended your snack XD ha ha.

Cissy

Bronze Member
For me, they were annoying but tolerable in KH I. KH II? Ha! What a joke they were. The walls were closed, afer Xehanort's Heartless was defeated so they had much leverage to create a new transportation method, but no, gummis again. They're pure evil.

Edit: Btw, I apologize if I offended your snack XD ha ha.
Random fact: I actually dislike gummi bears. xD

The only thing I really like about KH2's gummi ships was how fun it was this time to travel. I didn't like how they explained it, though. How could the world's just "open gates" for them? It sounded hard to believe.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Yeah, it was half-assed like most things in KHII ha ha. That's one of the reasons that I didn't like it. It shouldn't have been that way imo. Actually, I'm going to take back a portion of what I said. I actually like KH gummi activity. It made sense then, since it was the most efficient way to travel on a level playing field with the heartless. KHII's usage of gummis was pointless.

C

Colours

whats so special about rolling away exactly.... and its been confirmed some abilitys from past games are in it(such as strike raid, YAY!!)

Lmao what???, that ability is inrevelant as the same as ven weilding the keyblade when he was 2yrs.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Yay. I like having Reaction Commands being on all the buttons. That's pretty rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back