• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix to hold KH Melody of Memory TGS 2020 Special Show

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix have just announced their lineup for this year's Tokyo Game Show, and KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory is slated to make an appearance! On September 25th at 20:15 JST, a show will take place for Melody of Memory in which the development staff and special guests discuss the game, share stories from production and even hold a live piano performance!

Special Guests:

Susumu Imata (MC)
Ichiro Hazama (Producer of KHMoM)
Tetsuya Nomura (Director of KHMoM) *Voice from the Heavens*
Masanobu Suzui (Co-Director of KHMoM)
Shinya Kiyozuka (Pianist)
Yoko Shimomura (Composer)
Kasumi Ashizawa (Game Talent)

Watch the stream on Youtube, Nico Nico Douga and Twitch!

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Sounds good to me. I wanna see even more gameplay and hopefully see some more worlds we can play in. Maybe even show another boss fight besides Maleficent and Xemnas? Perhaps they reveal playable Kairi?

the red monster

Awards
Sounds good to me. I wanna see even more gameplay and hopefully see some more worlds we can play in. Maybe even show another boss fight besides Maleficent and Xemnas? Perhaps they reveal playable Kairi?
It would be weird to reveal playable kairi outside of a trailer tbh.

an actual gameplay is welcome

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For all of you rhythm game fans out there, Masanobu Suzui was the director for the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy games so that's good to know if you were worried about the actual gameplay for some reason.

Hashimoto: "For today's stream, we are going to show off the new Endless Marathon mode by playing It's A Small World for the next 45 minutes."

Hashimoto doesn't even go here tho

Cumguardian69

Awards
EXcited af, hopefully they bleed just a few more plot details. Then some gameplay and discussion about which songs were NOT able to make the cut due to legal/ money/budget, and of course a footnote how CORONAVIRUS has impacted development

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Not from the event, but do you think we’ll get any special arrangements? Also, Yoko <3

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I suppose. I'm just wondering if/when we'll get to see footage of her being playable if she is or not.
I'm honestly starting to believe we won't get to play her. I took a quick glance at the trophy list and it gave the impression that asside from the multi-player you only get to choose from preset teams.

I think they gonna keep it a secret since it's probably for the final boss and they are not gonna spoil it.
Oh it'd be cool, if you could do the final Master Xehanort battle as her with Sora. Would also explain the trophy listing not hinting at her.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm honestly starting to believe we won't get to play her. I took a quick glance at the trophy list and it gave the impression that asside from the multi-player you only get to choose from preset teams.
We know there are 20 "playable" characters. With the 4 teams we know about, if by playable they mean "can be used on the track" (rather than being the head character you're using), that's 12 characters there. There are 8 friendship orbs in another trophy image which brings that to 20. Due to this I don't think Kairi will be playable in the rhythm section, which is frustrating as hell. It'd be a nice surprise if she was a secret bonus character but I'm no longer holding my breath.

But I'm not convinced that you can't use the different teams in story levels just yet. The image below shows there's a little diamond underneath the Sora, Donald, and Goofy team with arrows next to them.

Timeline is a bit muddled due to BbS, but at this point in the series Days has happened so I do wonder if you have to unlock the teams first and once unlocked you can use them at will, a.k.a you can use Sora, Donald, and Goofy at this point or you can use Roxas, Xion, and Axel. BbS's timeline throws a wrench in this because if they were going by in-game timeline then BbS would have been first, but by going by the release timeline of the games, Days would be after KH2.

kbvfrNy.png

But that trailer was whack anyways so idk what to believe in it. It says the player has unlocked the all clear reward for Twilight Town but then when it shows the song selection menu it says the song hasn't been played once lol.

Edit: Not true, I'm a dumbass

I stand by thinking a demo would be the best thing for this game, and I hope they announce a world-wide one at this TGS event. Just give three songs (one battle, one field, one movie) with all difficulties and have us choose what team we want to use alongside a message that tells us these choices aren't only available in the demo and we'll be golden.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

But that trailer was whack anyways so idk what to believe in it. It says the player has unlocked the all clear reward for Twilight Town but then when it shows the song selection menu it says the song hasn't been played once lol.
Maybe the song hasn't been played on the Standard difficulty level but has been on another one.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Maybe the song hasn't been played on the Standard difficulty level but has been on another one.
Oh yeah, you’re right lol. It’s cleared and not completed so a different difficulty has been done.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I love how Nomura is listed as "Voice from the Heavens".

Ever since that TWEWY stream, Nomura's been phoning it in (literally). :LOL:

Oh, just realized that there's more Square Enix stuff during TGS. Will the (sorta-elusive but not really because we've been fed with FF7R) Final Fantasy franchise finally return with XVI? (Boy, that's a lotta Fs) Either way, if all we get is KH MoM, I'm more than satisfied. But it's looking to be an exciting time.

Guess Square figured "Hey, since we can't really do announcements during the summer, we may as well just drop 'em all at TGS like we usually do. 🤷‍♂️"

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ever since that TWEWY stream, Nomura's been phoning it in (literally). :LOL:

Oh, just realized that there's more Square Enix stuff during TGS. Will the (sorta-elusive but not really because we've been fed with FF7R) Final Fantasy franchise finally return with XVI? (Boy, that's a lotta Fs) Either way, if all we get is KH MoM, I'm more than satisfied. But it's looking to be an exciting time.

Guess Square figured "Hey, since we can't really do announcements during the summer, we may as well just drop 'em all at TGS like we usually do. 🤷‍♂️"

He’s been doing this since the FF 30th anniversary stream actually xD but he only started going by Voice from the Heavens during a KH3 stream at TGS some years ago and it’s stuck around since. He’s done this in many Dissidia NT streams, too.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
We know there are 20 "playable" characters. With the 4 teams we know about, if by playable they mean "can be used on the track" (rather than being the head character you're using), that's 12 characters there. There are 8 friendship orbs in another trophy image which brings that to 20. Due to this I don't think Kairi will be playable in the rhythm section, which is frustrating as hell. It'd be a nice surprise if she was a secret bonus character but I'm no longer holding my breath.

But I'm not convinced that you can't use the different teams in story levels just yet. The image below shows there's a little diamond underneath the Sora, Donald, and Goofy team with arrows next to them.

Timeline is a bit muddled due to BbS, but at this point in the series Days has happened so I do wonder if you have to unlock the teams first and once unlocked you can use them at will, a.k.a you can use Sora, Donald, and Goofy at this point or you can use Roxas, Xion, and Axel. BbS's timeline throws a wrench in this because if they were going by in-game timeline then BbS would have been first, but by going by the release timeline of the games, Days would be after KH2.

kbvfrNy.png

Edit: Not true, I'm a dumbass

I stand by thinking a demo would be the best thing for this game, and I hope they announce a world-wide one at this TGS event. Just give three songs (one battle, one field, one movie) with all difficulties and have us choose what team we want to use alongside a message that tells us these choices aren't only available in the demo and we'll be golden.
I'm crossing my fingers you get to unlock the other teams early and then after that you can play as them in any world all game if you want. I don't think that's asking too much. I mean we have SDG fighting in a BBS setting against Maleficent. Let's have fun with this.

D

Deleted member 252753

I'm crossing my fingers you get to unlock the other teams early and then after that you can play as them in any world all game if you want. I don't think that's asking too much. I mean we have SDG fighting in a BBS setting against Maleficent. Let's have fun with this.
I really want to fight Maleficent and the other bosses with Riku's team just to watch the Komory Bat and Meow Wow go toe-to-toe with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back