• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix shares new renders of Kairi in action!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Riku should be retroactively added in the background in every scene and situation

Even if the scene contained Riku already

You just... add a second one
Videogames aren't supposed to be 100% realistic anyway

1507520057650.jpg

It’s funny because we already have this situation happening in KH3. :p

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I think Kairi and Riku should both be playable in the base game. It would be a nice parallel to BBS, even if they won’t have the full length scenarios. I can see Roxas getting one in the main game too as the fourth surprise playable character towards the end. Then everyone else could potentially get a playable episode as DLC.

Yes to playable Riku, Kairi, and Roxas. No to DLC episodes. I want this game to be COMPLETE.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Riku should be retroactively added in the background in every scene and situation

1507520057650.jpg
You know what? I have to. I just have to now. This is my new mission in life.

Echoecho6

Awards
This is amazing, didn't expect to see that when I got on again today! I love surprises. The fact that we got the trio renders only out of the keyblade wielders is interesting..

Xagzan

Awards
[video=youtube;pEXz-wuuR5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEXz-wuuR5o[/video]

Ohhhhh man, I really hope y'all are on to something about her being playable, especially with all these trailer and render glimpses.

C'mon Nomura, girl finally needs her time to shine.

jahob000

oh...my...GAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

I HOPE she's a playable character even for a little bit.

I'm a bit conflicted because I honestly hate the fact that she has a keyblade just because one just pops up for her in KHII. Her role was somewhat like a "Damsel in Distress" kind of thing with no physical capabilities like Sora and Riku. So I feel that it's shoehorned in. They should have at least shown us the potential characteristics of her being able to use and fight with a keyblade. I know, I know, they weren't thinking that far ahead in the earlier games.
BUT!
there are several factors that are affecting me to not care about that so much. The first is that I've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts III too long. Second, SHE LOOKS SOOO GOOD!

Paige712

oh...my...GAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

I HOPE she's a playable character even for a little bit.

I'm a bit conflicted because I honestly hate the fact that she has a keyblade just because one just pops up for her in KHII. Her role was somewhat like a "Damsel in Distress" kind of thing with no physical capabilities like Sora and Riku. So I feel that it's shoehorned in. They should have at least shown us the potential characteristics of her being able to use and fight with a keyblade. I know, I know, they weren't thinking that far ahead in the earlier games.
BUT!
there are several factors that are affecting me to not care about that so much. The first is that I've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts III too long. Second, SHE LOOKS SOOO GOOD!

Kairi’s keyblade was established a thing though since she touched Aquas and unknowingly invoking a rite of passage for her to wield one.

Cakeberry

She looks so good. It would be amazing if she were playable in KH3 tbh. Also this makes me even sadder that Kairi isn't in the KH3 digital pre-order bonus theme because that one render looks like it'd fit in perfectly with the others' poses.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Hmm her render makes me think she could be playable as it looks like she's doing magic. I'd love that.
Would explain why they're blatantly recycling Sora's animations.

1507520057650.jpg

Surprisingly relevant:
[video=youtube;629IC9g0S_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=629IC9g0S_E[/video]

Kitsoa

These renders are making me appreciate the design of Destiny's Embrace. Like, the effect on the water motif is... really mesmerizing. And then there's the crown at the base of the hilt and a heart on the teeth I never noticed before. The vines actually look tasteful and the flowers are less like a picture and have the depth that the full 3D model would naturally lend. I've been tolerant of what I perceived as busy and lacking focus but it kind of comes together now that the render is realized in visual use. DE really suits Kairi as an elegant and regal blade (It's sculpture-like composition and elaborate flourishes) but with an element of humility to it (the colors have a lot of variety and the imagery is very personal and down to earth). It comes together as this perfect mix of Kairi's homeworld Radiant Garden and the world that she now claims in Destiny Island.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
This really makes me hope that she is a playable character.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
She looks so clean!! Probably some of my personal favorite renders so far!^^ The Kingdom Shader and higher quality graphics definitively compliment Destiny's Embrace even more than I thought it would. However, my one gripe is that I'm kinda gonna miss Kairi's old fighting stance, simply because it (although not too much of a deviation) was more unique and set her apart from the rest and really contrasted that of Sora (who held his weapon to the center) and Riku's (who held his weapon overhead). It's a nitpick to be sure, and I do understand the narrative and in-universe significance of assigning Kari this stance (which is identical to Xion's now), but it will probably peck at the back of my mind for a bit.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
maybe the new "footage" on december 10 is gameplay of kairi ?
I will cash in all of my hype points for this. Been saving up since the theme song trailers so I might have enough munny to gacha this. C'mon playable scenario!

It's a little surreal to finally see her in action like this. We've waited so long for a Kairi arc. Even if she's not playable, I just want to see her get that much out of KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back