What's new

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Insider

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ask a Mod

Ask Questions from your staff

Contact Staff

If you need additional information or have a concern please contact us.

• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix reveals NEO: The World Ends With You underperformed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GreyouTT

Reaction score
Awards
☺️ Oh boy I sure am super emotional and venting even though I’m not the one who took their time out of their day to create an account on this website just to complain about one random user’s post because it really upset them.

You can have your ideas and I can have mine on what would have been a better approach. That’s the fun about opinions. It doesn’t affect anything in the end because the game’s already failed and it’ll slide into cult status like the original and everything spoken after is just people whining about something they couldn’t control.

All I’m saying is that Nomura even addressing a comment about TWEWY and KH together was a bad idea and one of the many marketing missteps they made. It absolutely did cause harm because I had the pleasure of viewing the fallout on Twitter for days. And I didn’t say they needed to lie or mislead. Not speaking on something isn’t misleading. That question should have never been asked or answered is all I’m saying. Let people imagine what they want. It’s Nomura’s own fault for associating TWEWY to KH in the first place. He was the one who tried leveraging that fanbase to make TWEWY more popular then balked at the mess he made after the fact once he realized people kept asking him about the relationship between the two.

Utilizing existing fanbases isn’t misleading. Something as simple as “From the team who brought you Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy” would have been honest and confidence-inspiring for a wary audience. “Miki Yamashita’s rise from designer in KHUX to one of the main character designers in TWEWY” as a featured video showing off her work is simple enough. She had some of the best designs and character ideas of the game.

Doing something similar for each designer and for Nomura and Kando and Ito and Ishimoto would have been great.

Doing fun posts about stuff like FanGO or the emojis or how they use “Kweh” as would have been a cute way to appeal to FF fans.

How about something so easily effortless:
“Nagi can Dive into people’s hearts 😉 to free them of the Noise and Fret can Remind 😉 people about things they’ve forgotten to find new leads in their quest to win the Reaper’s Game”

How hard is that? How is that lying? It’s playing coy but clearly targeting a certain audience. If their already hyper-active imaginations lead them to misconstrue things, let them. That is 90% of what hype is to begin with.
Honestly it seems like a no win situation. Staying silent would have led to complaints from people who thought there would have been something, as well as people trying to make connections where there are none.

Soldier

Reaction score
Awards
And Nomura shouldn't have been allowed to directly say "no" to KH references in that one interview because I think that probably kept curious KH fans from crossing over to check it out (and even if they left disappointed, they would have played a fun game)...and the lack of leveraging the FF references in the game to appeal to that audience...or not using game images for easy meme material...
Ah Nomura, that complicated man. Never ceases to disappoint me with the way he carries the series that he creates. He's definitely gotten a swollen ego after KH became popular.

Underwater Cop

Reaction score
Awards
☺️ Oh boy I sure am super emotional and venting even though I’m not the one who took their time out of their day to create an account on this website just to complain about one random user’s post because it really upset them.
Nah. Not why I joined. Just a convenient excuse. ;)

Oracle Spockanort

𝕤𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕡-𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕞𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝
Staff member
Reaction score
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nah. Not why I joined. Just a convenient excuse. ;)
Then please, enjoy yourself on the site 🥳 We have a robust award system, plenty of topics, an RP section with a TWEWY RP currently ongoing.

LightUpTheSky452

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Awards
I'm really disappointed, but I knew this was going to happen:( Not advertising it at E3 was such a mistake. I don't understand. Ugh. I hate that it's probably going to go into cult status like the original, and we'll most likely never get another game:( Maybe sales could start picking up and they could change their mind, but I'm sadly not holding my breath to get burnt.

Underwater Cop

Reaction score
Awards
I'm really disappointed, but I knew this was going to happen:( Not advertising it at E3 was such a mistake. I don't understand. Ugh. I hate that it's probably going to go into cult status like the original, and we'll most likely never get another game:( Maybe sales could start picking up and they could change their mind, but I'm sadly not holding my breath to get burnt.
Novels and manga are where movies/shows/games go to die lol.

We're def not getting another game, but we still might see another story from Shibuya here and there in another form.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6