• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix releases patch to fully unlock share functions in KH remasters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Those who have purchased the KINGDOM HEARTS remasters are certainly no stranger to the games' streaming restrictions. Since their release, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 have prohibited players from broadcasting footage of the games in full through the Playstation SHARE function. If players were to try and share footage of the 358/2 Days, Re:coded and X Back Cover cinematic movies or latter portions of 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-, they would find themselves unable to do so.

However, with the releases of Kingdom Hearts -The Story So Far- on October 30th and Kingdom Hearts 3 on January 29th, Square Enix has finally decided to lift those restrictions.

Series Director Tetsuya Nomura made the announcement on the official Kingdom Hearts Twitter. goldpanner has translated the tweet:

To help spread excitement as we lead up to KH3, tomorrow 10/25 3pm JST we are releasing a patch fully unlocking share function in 1.5, 2.5 & 2.8 (cinematic titles included). Archives etc may be restricted by technical issues, if so please contact our support center. -Nomura

Are you excited to finally be able to stream footage of the remasters unhindered? Let us know!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook, and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Maybe the patch can also fix KH1's camera? In the last update, they updated KH1's camera to make it way slower, to no apparent gain. This makes playing KH1 a lot more annoying now.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Better late than never. To my understanding, I thought footage was withheld for liscensing agreement purposes and being able to share copyrighted materials. I feel like they should have done this days ago. Audo does make a good point however.

sephydark

Awards
Not like I'm ever going to use this, but this is good news! I'm glad that people who want to stream the formerly restricted portions are finally getting to do so.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe the patch can also fix KH1's camera? In the last update, they updated KH1's camera to make it way slower, to no apparent gain. This makes playing KH1 a lot more annoying now.

I knew there was something off. I felt like the camera wasn’t responding well but I also chocked it up to me not having touched KH1 in awhile.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I knew there was something off. I felt like the camera wasn’t responding well but I also chocked it up to me not having touched KH1 in awhile.

I've been speedrunning KH1FM since PS3, and they definitely borked the camera in the last update. Shame, too, because in the update before the alleged borking, KH1's camera was actually faster and snappier than the original.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I've been speedrunning KH1FM since PS3, and they definitely borked the camera in the last update. Shame, too, because in the update before the alleged borking, KH1's camera was actually faster and snappier than the original.

I was also unaware of this change. I'll have to boot up KH1 and feel it out. Wonder why they'd do this...

TaylorWalls90

Kingdom Hearts 4 in the Coco & Halloweentown, Bambi, 101 Dalmatians The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood in the Kingdom Hearts Union X in the (Light Da) Light Days in the Light & Darkness once the Friendship Apps in the Shooting Star for the update Nobody Master Ava in the Story Quest 1000 Update Keyblade Wars Part 1&2 in the Story Quest Multiplayer like the Meet Princess Twilight Sparkle someone from more.

https://www.deviantart.com/taylorwalls14/art/Kingdom-Hearts-Ventus-Dream-Years-Days-780752202 Fanfiction

Kingdom Hearts Dream Years FanFiction
Sora
Light Days
Ventus,
xehanort
Chrithy,
Twilight Sparkle,
Catstar

I Primose You

Kingdom Hearts 4...

Back