• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix releases brand new screenshots and renders for KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
HD days Neverland is reallycool.
Totally. So glad Neverland's not just a pirate ship anymore. Even though I love the pirate ship Neverland themes, especially the battle one. Hope they have all of the tracks from Neverland.

Of course Xion is different. It was she deserves.
Stan real talent, Stan Xion ❤.
Only the best characters get long french title names. The fact that Xion even has to associate with the other lesser characters and their less special theme names is a insult to her brand. When she gets a new Keyblade it needs a equally long french name that twist the tongue. #DivaXion

It's nice seeing Riku teaming up with Komory Bat again :)
Komory Bat is about to be in the running for Riku's best boi...or best bat. Mickey better watch out. The mouse is being replaced by a bat.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Ohhhhh no you don’t. I am not going to get dragged into singing praises of either girl and bashing fans’ heads in by defeating them in debate over video game characters of all things (modesty aside, debate was my thing back in school, so yeah…but I don’t want to because this is a video game forum and I wanna have fun, not humiliate a fellow gamer).

All I said was it’s utterly laughable how Xion has a ridiculously named leitmotif, among all other characters who have their names alone, including Kairi.

I’ll say it now on how I feel about both girls, because I don’t want to repeat arguments in other threads:

I like Naminé because she is still an unsolved mystery. She’s still a locked box (heh) and you can’t help but wonder what’s inside. It’s human nature to be curious and allured by the unknown. It has lessened somewhat because she is now human, or well, living doll, but the fact that her mystery is unsolved is what is alluring to her character until now. When her mystery has been finished, then it is finished.

As for Xion, while I dislike Kanemaki and her writing, I am tolerant of the character she created, although some of that is because she’s already there and Nomura made her exist, so…eh. There is no longer any mystery to her, as everything concerning her has been resolved, but I don’t hate her. If she appears hereafter in the next saga, good for her, as long as Nomura can write something decent to keep her interesting; if she doesn’t, I reaaally don’t care if we never see her again since her story is finished. I never really cared either if she was a sue or a deconstruction of one, only that I heard others talking about it.

As far as I’m concerned, fictional video game characters are wonderful pieces of art, discussion, and whatever else, but they’re not hills I’m willing to die on.

Can we get back on topic now? The mod might be a bit annoyed with this.

Edit: Still no Atlantica rants?

Edit part 2: meh…

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I can’t wait to play the iconic and amazing Musique Pour la tristesse de Xion, over and over again.
Truly Nomura, Yoko and Kanemaki struck gold and hit it out of the ballpark.
I mean Musique Pour la tristesse de Xion? Truly revolutionary. Mozart shakes in his grave, embarrassed that he couldn't create such a masterful piece and character.
As far as I’m concerned Melody of Memory is a Musique Pour la tristesse de Xion simulator. The anticipation to play as Xion and hear her amazing theme with great character moments, makes me giddy.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Oh my glob 😱😱 those renders are so BEAUTIFUL and encapsulate that old school KH vibrancy that the UE4 scenes just lack i miss them so much!!! 😍😍😍

Chie

Awards
Yes, I'm sure the composer chose the name of the theme they were composing specifically so that it stands out when put next to everyone else's themes a decade and a half later.

By the way, "mary sue" isn't a real thing and that entire conversation about it is completely irrespective of the actual creative process.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Please stop talking smack about Miss Xion. You have you're opinion on Her Lordship and I mine. But we don't need to argue. We are hewe to celebwate KHMoM demo, renders, and new screens as we step in to praise Nomura and indiezero for their amazing work. Bring on Nov 13rd!

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I can’t wait to play the iconic and amazing Musique Pour la tristesse de Xion, over and over again.
I mean Musique Pour la tristesse de Xion? Truly revolutionary. Mozart shakes in his grave, embarrassed that he couldn't create such a masterful piece and character.
As far as I’m concerned Melody of Memory is a Musique Pour la tristesse de Xion simulator. The anticipation to play as Xion and hear her amazing theme with great character moments, makes me giddy.

KH subreddit has competition, oh my goodness.

Chie

Awards
Some of you guys are too irony poisoned for me to know how to read your posts lol

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Okay, pushing aside the impromptu gathering of the Xion fanclub and that long name for now (and hopefully the duration of this thread), these shots look great! I have to praise their lighting, especially since I heard that it used to cause seizures back in development.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I really love the new renders for AVT and Riku. Riku's smirk is so fitting for him. I actually really appreciate how they all seem to be in a good mood despite striking a battle pose, seems like they're having a good time.

Also I didn't notice until someone here pointed it out, but it's cool to see them also take versions of worlds from Days. Wonder if it'll just be Neverland or if other alternative versions of worlds will also appear.

AegisXIII

Awards
The models are recycled but they've been updated a bit.
Have they though? It's not uncommon that they update visuals of renders but ingame models remain rough. For example, I am pretty sure in the screenshots that Aqua Ventus Terra still have their Low Poly rough shapes models with no fingers. 😆

2 quid is good

Awards
Mentioning that chord merchant Mozart and not Beethoven? Scummery of the highest order, this will not stand sir

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Have they though? It's not uncommon that they update visuals of renders but ingame models remain rough. For example, I am pretty sure in the screenshots that Aqua Ventus Terra still have their Low Poly rough shapes models with no fingers. 😆

The fingers are always janky xD At this point we have to accept their sausage hands

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I heard they had to pay Xion a crap ton of money just to get this glorious song into the game. Like Dwayne Johnson level money. Makes sense, since you want the MVP of Kingdom Hearts in MoM and that's Xion.

I really love the new renders for AVT and Riku. Riku's smirk is so fitting for him. I actually really appreciate how they all seem to be in a good mood despite striking a battle pose, seems like they're having a good time.

Also I didn't notice until someone here pointed it out, but it's cool to see them also take versions of worlds from Days. Wonder if it'll just be Neverland or if other alternative versions of worlds will also appear.
These might be my favorite renders of AVT. I love them. The Melody of Memory renders are so good. The minute they put out the RAX ones I made them my wallpaper, and these AVT and Riku ones are just as good. Really makes me miss the old style, even though I do enjoy the Unreal Engine models.

I'm hoping they have all the versions of Neverland. It has like three different regular themes and battle themes. We'll see which ones get in.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
aqua.gif
ventus.gif
terra.gif
riku.gif
meow wow.gif
komory bat.gif

Back