• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Released Brand New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Renders and Screenshots

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
If poses say that much, does it mean that Aqua is Cloud and Sora is Aerith? ohmigawd mind blownnn
OMG! Now we have another piece of the "Aerith is the real seventh princess" theory!!! sorry I couldn't think of anything original

edit: delete this

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That's enough. The attitude y'all throw over the littlest things, I swear. One well-mannered "nah, they use the same poses all the time" would have been enough. This exhuastive tirade is unnecessary.

Muke

whatever
Awards
That's enough. The attitude y'all throw over the littlest things, I swear. One well-mannered "nah, they use the same poses all the time" would have been enough. This exhuastive tirade is unnecessary.
Y'know, sometimes I feel like you are overreacting about little things too. It's not like we were calling names, so I don't see why you are making such a fuss about it?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
idk, to me you guys were needlessly snarky and disparaging. there were like five posts making the same snarky statement ridiculing people for suggesting there may be something meaningful in them sharing a pose. it was overkill and seemed to hold no real purpose other than to make someone feel bad and certainly doesn't make the community feel welcoming. it can be exhausting. especially when it's not even really warranted. you guys are acting like someone pointing out them sharing a pose is on the level of a larxene012 theory and it really isn't.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Y'know, sometimes I feel like you are overreacting about little things too. It's not like we were calling names, so I don't see why you are making such a fuss about it?
Just because you deleted that one post doesn't mean it went without being noticed. I'm not above slipping up, I'm working on it, but the forums are bogged down with way too much negativity and it can discourage new users from posting. You're going to be seeing a lot of effort in the coming months to stop The forums from becoming an echo chamber of snark

Muke

whatever
Awards
Just because you deleted that one post doesn't mean it went without being noticed. I'm not above slipping up, I'm working on it, but the forums are bogged down with way too much negativity and it can discourage new users from posting. You're going to be seeing a lot of effort in the coming months to stop The forums from becoming an echo chamber of snark
Lol I know it didn't went without being noticed. Otherwise I wouldn't have added that comment, right?
But hey, this is just a forum about a Disney game, am I right, Tinny? :)
Just because you are a mod doesn't mean you're superior or anything. I am acting towards you like I am acting to any other user as well, maybe you should try doing that instead of giving some users a free pass?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Lol I know it didn't went without being noticed. Otherwise I wouldn't have added that comment, right?
But hey, this is just a forum about a Disney game, am I right, Tinny? :)
Just because you are a mod doesn't mean you're superior or anything. I am acting towards you like I am acting to any other user as well, maybe you should try doing that instead of giving some users a free pass?
I believe I've given you more than one free pass. The entire reason I posted was because I was getting complaints privately, and I think asking everyone to stop being snide is pretty reasonable for a Disney game community. I'm doing my best, please stay on topic and try not to undermine the staff here.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is tiring. I'm only going to say this once in this thread before I issue out an announcement later on today.

The snark and echo chamber of dismissals on many posts is frustrating to see and it doesn't make our site look friendly or welcoming at all. There are things that are silly and should be addressed with reasonable rebuttals to discuss why they aren't possible, but there is no need for a bunch of people to snark at an idea that isn't even offensive or off the walls insane.

You guys like to forget the days when small poses or small little details were all we had to base theories on, and many of them have ended up correct. :\

This type of discussion is stifling creative and friendly discussion. It doesn't matter if this is a forum about a Disney game or a forum of scientists trying to solve the cure to cancer. Everybody needs to post with a modicum of respect. Have fun, be silly, be serious, but the constant negativity has been lingering around for months and it turns people off from posting.

The mods Taochan, Sign, and I hire represent us and our wishes. It should not fall upon us to always intervene to tell you all to stop being disrespectful to other users.

I know you all are better than this. You guys can be fun, silly, and welcoming while balancing that out with more critical and intelligent discourse. I want to see that from y'all again. 2.8 is coming out soon and there is so much to discuss but if you guys keep saying things aren't possible, then discussions go nowhere and nobody gets to discuss anything.

Now, you may continue talking about the images. In fact, I had the same thought about it because Gula doesn't have a very confident or bold personality so that Sora-esque pose is very striking.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
master spocaknort i agree with the pose do you think he gain confidence later when the war appoaches

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
master spocaknort i agree with the pose do you think he gain confidence later when the war appoaches

It certainly is possible! I personally want to see that because from what we saw, he was trying to hide away from everything but who knows! Maybe BC will show another side to him that X/UX hasn't shown.

If he is anything like Sora, Roxas, or Ven, then I could easily see his character arc centering on his courage.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It certainly is possible! I personally want to see that because from what we saw, he was trying to hide away from everything but who knows! Maybe BC will show another side to him that X/UX hasn't shown.

If he is anything like Sora, Roxas, or Ven, then I could easily see his character arc centering on his courage.
honesty i think what backcover what it surpose to do show the forteeler who they really are because we never got that in the player point of view

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Guys, all your theories are dumb, because Kingdom Hearts is a dumb franchise, so let's all take comfort in knowing that we like something really dumb together.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys, all your theories are dumb, because Kingdom Hearts is a dumb franchise, so let's all take comfort in knowing that we like something really dumb together.

God bless you Launchpad McQuack.

honesty i think what backcover what it surpose to do show the forteeler who they really are because we never got that in the player point of view

Yeah, you are right about that. But even in the trailers he comes off pretty meek and quiet. The scene with him and Aced fighting even shows his hesitant nature while he is trying to be brave and stand up against him.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
what if gula is using sora's pose to show he is an 11 year old boy

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
what if gula is using sora's pose to show he is an 11 year old boy

Excuse you. It is showing he is a 14/15 year old boy.

I do wonder how old all of the Foretellers are...and how old they were when they started their training under the Master of Masters.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Excuse you. It is showing he is a 14/15 year old boy.

I do wonder how old all of the Foretellers are...and how old they were when they started their training under the Master of Masters.

they are all barely legal so the fanbase can shamelessly ship them, nomura learned from ddd

i'm also a believer that the MoM is really a chirithy in disguise

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh come on, there's just no comparison.

Gula and Sora have the EXACT same pose; there's an infinite number of poses they could have used for the two characters. This is not a coincidence. I know sometimes Kingdom Hearts fans can come up with some far-fetched theories sometimes, but you can't look at something like this and think 'Oh, that's just reaching'.

There certainly is, or I wouldn't have pointed it out in the first place.

Riku and Vanitas also have the "EXACT same pose" and the connection is exactly zero.
See, that's clearly where the issue of personal interpretation comes in as it certainly can be a coincidence, it can be an intentional parallel, something called a red herring or something entirely else.

"You can't look at something like this and think and that's overthinking/grasping for straws"?
You certainly can, as I already did that in my previous post and I do not see how that is an invalid opinion and/or interpretation to have.

Of course, there's still the possibility that it could just be a red herring, you never know. :wink:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Certainly also a possibility.

Why thank you. ^__^

OMG! Now we have another piece of the "Aerith is the real seventh princess" theory!!! sorry I couldn't think of anything original

edit: delete this

Ouch, I think this comparison does not really work well.

"Littlest things" is a nice prompt that goes both ways I'd say as interpreting so much in these little things is what caused me to question this practice and voice my honest confusion about it in the first place.

I don't think my initial post about it was in any way personally attacking but if it came over like that of course I apologize.
The comparison with other poses was a little exaggerated on purpose to better illustrate the issue of possibly interpreting too much into it which is the actual gripe I wanted to point out.

idk, to me you guys were needlessly snarky and disparaging. there were like five posts making the same snarky statement ridiculing people for suggesting there may be something meaningful in them sharing a pose. it was overkill and seemed to hold no real purpose other than to make someone feel bad and certainly doesn't make the community feel welcoming. it can be exhausting. especially when it's not even really warranted. you guys are acting like someone pointing out them sharing a pose is on the level of a larxene012 theory and it really isn't.

The issue is not about pointing out the same pose being used, everyone with eyes in their head can see that or purposely ridiculing people (at least not from my side, obviously can't speak for others) but to scrutinize the motivations as for why this little fact of a shared pose has to be scraped together for forcibly creating a connection with an already existing character, even more so in context with a certain theory that gets taken way too seriously by parts of the fandom.
I'm interested in hearing/reading these motivations and if there's more to it than just that particular theory, the "obviousness" of it and because "connections" are a main theme in the series.

I'm not sure how constantly active you are but during the last months the instances of scratching every little bit of information together to turn the Foretellers into yet another "set" of variations/clones of already existing major characters were quite intense with traits and issues pointed out that hinted at more individuality being dismissed because it "doesn't fit" with the supposed established character the Foreteller purportedly represents.
This being for the other side of things can of course also be exhausting to a degree, hence why sometimes reactions to yet another such claim may turn out somewhat more sour.
This is of course no excuse for actual personal attacks but I actually did not really see any serious ones here.

Again, pointing out the shared pose is not where the gripe lies, but what gets additionally implied by that afterwards.
In this case it is about Gula, but it can be extended to all Foretellers alike.

I'm not above slipping up, I'm working on it, but the forums are bogged down with way too much negativity and it can discourage new users from posting. You're going to be seeing a lot of effort in the coming months to stop The forums from becoming an echo chamber of snark

I wholeheartly agree with the negativity bit and I personally also try to not getting too carried away with witty/snarky remarks.

palizinhas

Awards
I mean, of course the pose could mean absolutely nothing. It could also be a red herring the way Vanitas was, where the idea seemed to be to think he was connected to Riku when he's connected to Ven (and through Ven, Sora). But in a series that has been focusing on connections between characters for so long, where multiple characters share the exact same face, a pose can be interpreted as many things, and there is absolutely basis to think so, after all we've gotten so far.

I know people are tired of characters being connected and looking the same and whatever, but in a series where that has been the case since the second game out of seven, the first idea when you see a bunch of characters hiding their faces is definitely that those faces are being hidden to hide some connection to the main cast. It's entirely possible they are doing it to make us think there is a connection but there actually isn't, but when has that ever been the case? And then, after we already have these thoughts, we see Gula having the exact same pose as Sora. It's suspicious, and definitely a thing that I feel should be discussed, to some extent?

But, I mean, I only caught up on Kingdom Hearts this year, so I guess the older fans are just tired of this kind of discussion? Eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back